talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Conor McGregor (Mayweather Jr. Wins)

football forum

Who will emerge victorious?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will emerge victorious?

• Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    • Conor McGregor

football forum

The Battle of the Century? 

Floyd Mayweather Jr. versus Conor McGregor

skysports-floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgrego

UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor says he has signed a deal to fight Floyd Mayweather.

McGregor (21-3) concluded negotiations with UFC president Dana White over a proposed boxing match with Mayweather on Tuesday, with the Irishman describing the contract as "historic". Mayweather told Sky Sports in January that he was ''most likely'' to return to the ring against McGregor but he is yet to sign terms on the bout.

"The first, and most important part of this historic contract has now officially been signed off on," McGregor said in a statement to Themaclife.com. "Congratulations to all parties involved. We now await [Mayweather's adviser] Al Haymon and his boxer's signature in the coming days."

*Going to keep this seperate from the ''Boxing'' and ''UFC'' threads as this is going to be massive.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, Asura said:

I would love to see someone knock the fuck out of that arrogant prick Mayweather

and McGregor isn't arrogant xD ?!

with all the hype over however long, imagine if this fight is a damp squib and over within 20 seconds xD 

Mayweather will win. I hate Mayweather but he is a boxer, he has put his whole life into one focused martial art. McGregor isn't a boxer, he is a fighter; his arsenal of skills and techniques are robbed of him in a boxing match.  Mayweather wins at boxers but in a real fight, McGregor would kill Mayweather.

48 minutes ago, Stan said:

and McGregor isn't arrogant xD ?!

with all the hype over however long, imagine if this fight is a damp squib and over within 20 seconds xD 

Dont know about McGregor, I dont follow boxing. But if you watch television in the states, you can see mayweather in most channels with this bullshit TMT thing. 

46 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

It will last as long as Mayweather wants it to last. 

Are you Makarios mate? You like Ronaldo, Real madrid, Mourinho and you also seems to like mayweather. 

59 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I don't blame him one bit, I'd take a punching for $40,000,000. It'll be rather underwhelming if this ends in the first round though, I'd like to think Conor would at least give it a go.

Conor can take a punch and his guard will be at range so floyd will have to adapt first round. I fully expect Floyd to put the hammer down round 2,3,4 and so on, Conor will probably have a Muay Thai sequel stance so there's always a possibility he can catch floyd coming in. Conor had fast hands and is a legitimate striker in mma so there's always a punchers chance but this is points or tko for mayweather all day long, boxing is much more highly skilled striking. 

Mayweather is one of the greatest pound for pound boxers there ever has been, his defence is ridiculous and watching him dodge punches is like watching Neo dodge bullets.

An MMA fight would be a different story but I can't see this going any way other than Mayweather, it'll just be a massive payday for both fighters. Conor might be a big hitter but it's not as if Mayweather hasn't fought one before in the likes of Canelo for example.

• Subscriber
On 27/05/2017 at 0:58 PM, Cannabis said:

De La Hoya blasts Mayweather/McGregor bout:

oscar-de-la-hoya-wwe-raw-wrestling-stapl

Oscar De La Hoya has branded Floyd Mayweather's mooted showdown with Conor McGregor a "farce" that could irreparably stain boxing.

In an open letter posted on Facebook, De La Hoya wrote: "To my fellow #boxing fans: I write in the hopes that together we can protect the sport of boxing.

"With each passing day, it looks more and more likely that the circus known as Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor will be coming to town in the near future. As undercard fights start to take form, athletic commissions give their blessings in exchange for millions of dollars and the fighters start counting even more cash, one group will eventually be left to make sure this farce doesn't occur. We, the fans, who are the lifeblood of our sport. I fully understand the initial attraction from any fan of combat sports. McGregor is almost certainly the best pound-for-pound MMA fighter. Floyd is Floyd - the most dominant boxer of his time.''

"But success in one sport does not guarantee success in another. Far from it. And let's be clear, these are two different sports. Furthermore, it's not like McGregor would be fighting a good fighter, let alone a mediocre one. He would be fighting the best. To use a bit of an extreme analogy, I happen to be a pretty good golfer. Could I potentially hold my own on one of the second-tier tours? Maybe. But would I be able to compete with Rory McIlroy, Jordan Speith or Sergio Garcia? Of course not. Nor would I think to try."

He's a fucking hypocrite. He was asking for the fight for Canelo months ago.

I hate them both, but as i watch MMA much much more i hope Conor gets knocked out. He is a prick that the newbie mma fans hail as the best ever. I won't deny his fighting skills but he decided to change weight divisions and keep the belts as he doesn't defend any of them. The darling of the UFC , but he know he will get so much money from the Mayweather fight that he will probably have enough to live a easy life until he dies. I doubt he will ever return to the UFC if this fight happens.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

This is getting closer...

As one sided as this will be I still will be looking forward to the build up and the event. And there's a small part of me that thinks "what if" the younger fresher guy lands one shot on Mayweather. But the thing is Mayweather has remained an athlete even between his fights so I don't think his age will mean he's lost much to honest. Especially against someone who has never fought professionally as a boxer.  However powerful he may be... 

Is he any more powerful than Pacquiao, Hatton, Canelo? Because Mayweather has fought big punchers with Neo from the Matrix like defence and precision...

Itll be interesting to see how good of a boxer McGregor is but unless he has something up his sleeve I don't know how he can win it.

Archived