talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Conor McGregor (Mayweather Jr. Wins)

football forum

Who will emerge victorious?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will emerge victorious?

• Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    • Conor McGregor

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cannabis said:

WWE is for grown men who sit in their flat eating Wotsits in their pants.

Well this match is for fan boys who don't have a clue about either MMA or Boxing. Mayweather will ease to a win while Conor would win it by the MMA rules. They will both earn shit loads, Conor will get so much that he will probably never fight again. 

On 15/06/2017 at 6:42 AM, Cannabis said:

It'd be funny if that's what McGregor has got up his sleeve all along. Once the fight starts he tackles Mayweather to the ground and gets a good 3-4 punches in before he gets pulled off.

It costs Conor a lot of money apparently. It's stipulated in the contract he'll lose millions if he throws s kick or elbow, Connor would rape him in mma. I think Floyd knows this, Conor will get beat but anything other than complete destruction from Mayweather is kind of a victory for McGregor. 

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

It costs Conor a lot of money apparently. It's stipulated in the contract he'll lose millions if he throws s kick or elbow, Connor would rape him in mma. I think Floyd knows this, Conor will get beat but anything other than complete destruction from Mayweather is kind of a victory for McGregor. 

It wouldn't sell in MMA, it would be a complete joke. The only thing keeping this on in Boxing is the aura McGregor has around him that he can do pretty much whatever he says he will. I'm not a boxing expert at all but Mayweather has fought some of the best boxers in the world and they've struggled to get near him. If anything it's an excuse to see the greatest P4P boxer have one more fight, that's all I'm looking forward to.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Anyone see the opening press conference? As a massive fan of both boxing and the UFC, I couldn't not watch. 

McGregror could sell absolutely anything, he's such a legend. Also check out his suit xD

IMG_8337.thumb.PNG.748048bb5a4d52f1c8954928001b93ee.PNG

Press conference was shoddy as fuck, Showtime should have given the promotion job to Dana White and the UFC, at least it would have been entertai ing. The fact that McGregors mic was turned during Mayweathers speech was a joke.

1 hour ago, FOYM said:

Press conference was shoddy as fuck, Showtime should have given the promotion job to Dana White and the UFC, at least it would have been entertai ing. The fact that McGregors mic was turned during Mayweathers speech was a joke.

UFC press conferences are a joke, this fight sells it self. UFC has to market itself and it's fights as it does because compared to Boxing nobody watches it, Boxing doesn't need that style of promotion and it'd just seem desperate.

4 hours ago, Danny said:

UFC press conferences are a joke, this fight sells it self. UFC has to market itself and it's fights as it does because compared to Boxing nobody watches it, Boxing doesn't need that style of promotion and it'd just seem desperate.

How are they? 

The fight does sell itself, but I'd also like to see a bit of back and forth between the two fighters instead of them just being able to take pot shots while the other stays silent. 

22 minutes ago, FOYM said:

How are they? 

The fight does sell itself, but I'd also like to see a bit of back and forth between the two fighters instead of them just being able to take pot shots while the other stays silent. 

They're more "entertaining" than the fights for a start. They just sit there slagging each other off about random shit, I know boxers do it but that's not the point of the press conference.

You don't need all of that with Boxing, it's one of the most marketable sports on the planet. Just let it happen naturally.

Floyd by murder hopefully, no in seriousness this should be a very easy job for Floyd. Pro boxing is a different world to MMA, and most semi pro boxers would make Conor look shit. Then again if Conor wins by any chance the fans boys will end this world.

It's 95% guaranteed Mayweather victory, but I've had £5 on Conor in the 4th @ 25/1 because I've learned Conor is special. 

"Why have you got a school bag you can't even read" had me howling last night as did him telling the showtime executive he was a "fookin weasel" more entertaining than Floyds last 5 fights combined 

Thrash fight. Non contest that shouldn't be added to either's record as it's going to be a sparring session and McGregor is not a boxer. For 100M$ I wouldn't mind getting humiliated in front of the world mind.

How great would it be if Conor landed a spin kick to Floyd's face and got DQed though. Maybe that's what he means by "it won't last 4 rounds". It's what Floyd deserves for cherry picking this hard tbh.

Anyway, it's funny the garbage you read on the internet. People thinking McGregor can actually KO Mayweather. I doubt he believes it himself.

Connor murdered Mayweather in the Wembley press conference tonight...absolutely destroyed. I can't wait for this fight, and as stupid as it us to say, if McGregor catches Floyd with one sweet left hook....who knows, we know how strong Connor is.

If, if, if. Some of the best boxers over the last couple of decades couldn't get near Mayweather. Now people are thinking that there's a chance that the equivalent of a novice pro (at best) could? 

I'm amazed at how many get drawn in by the cringey build up and then think that there's a chance of this being some kind of contest.

Listen, I know it's 99% gonna be a Mayweathers win but there's always a chance...always. if McGregor manages to avoid getting ko'd and somehow takes it to a decision then he will have achieved something amazing against one if the best ever. That however, is a big mountain to climb if Mayweather wants to prove a point.

If it goes the distance, it wouldn't be a surprise. Mayweather's last stoppage win was 2011 and you have to go back to 2007 before that. If it goes the distance, it doesn't necessarily means it's been a meaningful contest. It just means that Mayweather didn't go for the KO (or rather couldn't because of the state of his hands). 

Archived