talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Conor McGregor (Mayweather Jr. Wins)

football forum

Who will emerge victorious?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will emerge victorious?

• Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    • Conor McGregor

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/21/2017 at 4:39 AM, Spike said:

55,000? Lang Park is only 52,000 capacity. There are probably 52,000 Filipinos in South-East QLD alone xD Bragging about a superstar like Pacquiao pulling great numbers is like bragging about the Superbowl pulling an audience in Brisbane. Do you think most people are active fans of the sport or are just there becuase of the Pacquiao hype?

exactly.    it was filipinos who went to watch that fight.   and i do agree that boxing is dead at the moment.     or should i say, it's not mainstream anymore.

best example is this joke of a fight between floyd and conor.   really now ???   an MMA fighter against a boxer in a boxing match ??  this is a sure win for floyd.    If they made this a double-header, just like in football in knockout stages, one in each home stadium.   one would be a boxing match and the other would be an MMA match, then that would be much more interesting.

• Subscriber
On 22/08/2017 at 6:54 PM, HoneyNUFC said:

Just seen the bloke who does the boxing commentary for sky giving an interview on SSN. You do not expect that voice to come out of that face. Voice of a 59 year old smoker hardman. Face of a 35 year old soft lad  :ph34r:

Who are you talking about? Adam Smith? 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Moment of silence for the sad souls that will be paying 100 euros on pay per view to watch  15 minutes of two men scamming the entire world. 

Unless of course you have friends and just shell out a couple of Euros each. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Moment of silence to those who are paying anything (especially when there are illegal streams) 

Yeah, I'm not relying on a shitty stream that will bottleneck and crash half-way through the main event. 

On 23/08/2017 at 10:15 PM, FOYM said:

I'm not saying he will win, but Paddy power are being a bit ballsy. Did they see the snippets of what he did to Malignaggi in sparring. Say what you want about McGregor but anybody who can do that to a former world champ deserves a bit of respect.

The fight isn't going to last five minutes either, unless it comes from a McGregor KO win. Mayweather doesn't have the punching power to down McGregor in the early stages.

Malignaggi has been retired for a while now and lost his last fight to Sam Eggington. There's no doubting McGregor can box to a high standard, Nate Diaz spars with Andre Ward and McGregor out boxed him. But obviously sparring is different altogether.

But playing the "look what he done to a former world champ" card....Mayweather has made plenty of former and current world champs look average. Amir Khan was KOed by Canelo, Mayweather beat Canelo and I say this because Khan beat Malignaggi in his prime.

Youve got to be able to do more than just box well to beat Mayweather, or even come close to looking like you might beat him.

35 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

The bookies aren't half being twats about this fight. McGregor is being ridiculed left, right and centre by the critics yet his odds are still absolutely wank with the bookmakers. 

I'm in the same camp as Mike too, I want to see how Conor does but really can't be doing with that shambolic UK start time.

Probably because loads of people have been putting bets on McGregor. I agree though, look at the odds for Jack v Cleverly on the undercard. Cleverly is very similar odds to McGregor, but we all know which one has more chance of winning their respective fight.

I put 20 quid on a McGregor ko/tko...got 7/2. That's fucking criminal. If i use my head I don't think he'll win, I think Mayweather makes it a boring fight where he just wins points. However, my heart says that Mayweather comes out more aggressive than we've seen to prove a point and McGregor catches him with that killer left. Unrealistic as fuck, but I'm a McGregor fan and have been since he first came to the UFC, so I hope he does it.

KIller left? The man is 49-0 in pro boxing, which is a different universe from mma. I hardly believe that any of his 49 opponents didn't have a killer left. Conor is here for the money, he will get paid more than he would earn in 10 mma careers. I think he will leave the fighting career after this fight. 

Mayweathers has dodged most shots in his career, he hasn't be hit with many big things. McGregor will come into this fight with a stance and movement that traditional boxers do not have. I expect Mayweather to adjust to that quickly, which is why I maintain that McGregor has to finish him early if he is to have a chance.

From somebody who watches mma, you know just how good Conors left is. It comes out of nowhere and it's accurate as fuck. If that has the ability to put down guys who get kicked in the face for a living, I'm betting it could do that to Mayweathers if it lands.

I don't like Conor but he is a good fighter, he has a good set of skills even tough his ground game is as good as mine. Still he uses his best skills to his advantage. Boxing is constant hits and very little time to rest. While in MMA you have time to run around the ring without being mauled. He can deliver a lucky punch and KO Floyd, but did Floyd become 49-0 by accident? He is a defensive boxer avoids damage and gets wins by decision. I don't see Conor having the tank to last 12 rounds, while Floyd will ease through. I was against this kind of fight anyway, boxing is boxing and mma is mma. Conor could care less he will be shit rich without doing a thing in this fight.

On 8/22/2017 at 5:28 PM, Asura said:

Just like football's home and away ties, this matchup should also have one boxing match and then a UFC fight to make the playing field even, McGregor might definitely lose the boxing match but he will fuck the hell out of mayweather in UFC rules match 

They should consider my idea and now have a second leg in UFC and finally decide the winner based on points or the longest time survived.

Saw it with with my TV provider without paying a single extra cent strangely haha. McGregor was better in the 2 first rounds, but then after fifth Mayweather dominated, and i don't think they should've stopped the fight despite it looking likely Mayweather was going to win. They should do a rematch on UFC.

The boxer beat the non boxer I'm shocked. Congrats to the wife beater he proved that in fact boxing and MMA are two different sports, and that the one who's been doing his sport for years beat the first timer. Fascinating. 

Archived