talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Conor McGregor (Mayweather Jr. Wins)

football forum

Who will emerge victorious?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will emerge victorious?

• Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    • Conor McGregor

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Saw it with with my TV provider without paying a single extra cent strangely haha. McGregor was better in the 2 first rounds, but then after fifth Mayweather dominated, and i don't think they should've stopped the fight despite it looking likely Mayweather was going to win. They should do a rematch on UFC.

McGregor would literally kill him in ten secs in the octagon

1 hour ago, Chaaay AFC said:

McGregor fans are such babies. They are honestly like little teenage girls.

His fanbase of gimps are unbearable. Most of them didn't even know what UFC was before he competing in it.

The fight went as expected, Mcgregor started well in the first 2 rounds then just got picked apart. But fair play to him for giving it a go. In his world, it would be the other way around.

Floyd looked like he still has plenty left and could have a few more fights but retiring is probably the correct decision.

Haven't read, seen or heard from an Irishman that doesn't like him and that's just pathetic. The blokes a complete cockwomble. Agree with CRS that most of these new gimp Irish MMA 'fans' that think he's the greatest ever are absolutely fucking deluded. Why would you blindly back a bloke just because he's from your country? It's like the numpties in the Warrington guardian that praise the mediocrity of Lingard just because he's from Orford. It's embarrassing.

Ultimately it ended as everyone expected it to, McGregor didn't really threaten Mayweather and threw in a lot of punches to the back of his head.

Mayweather took his time and ended it, can't complain about the TKO.

McGregor done well to go 10 rounds with one of the most defensive and boring fighters of all time.  I really thought that this was Mayweather's chance to let loose and be flamboyant.  But entertainment isn't his style I suppose...

I would love to see how he defends himself with the rules the other way around.

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

McGregor done well to go 10 rounds with one of the most defensive and boring fighters of all time.  I really thought that this was Mayweather's chance to let loose and be flamboyant.  But entertainment isn't his style I suppose...

I would love to see how he defends himself with the rules the other way around.

He's the Stoke City of boxers.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Ultimately it ended as everyone expected it to, McGregor didn't really threaten Mayweather and threw in a lot of punches to the back of his head.

Mayweather took his time and ended it, can't complain about the TKO.

Harsh. You're not allowed to turn your back to the opponent in boxing and Mayweather did it a dozen times as part of his amazing defensive 'technique'

Despite remaining undefeated and having a 50-0 record, I don't think Mayweather will ever be classed in the same bracket as some of the greats. He's not got that factor about him that thrills the fans.

Hope he finally throws in the towel, does us all a favour and walks away.

23 minutes ago, True Blue said:

McGregor fan boys saying he would murder Floyd in a MMA match? Really? Did at any time Floyd claim he would win in the Octagon? Or was it the big headed Irish man that claimed he would walk through him in a boxing match?

That big headed Irishman played the media very intelligently...  He mouthed his way to what ended up being a World Title shot in a sport he's never participated in as a professional.  He has raised his profile that much further just incase there were any people that hadn't exactly heard about him.  In raising his profile to the level he has now, he's set up for life in real terms.

He's not an idiot!  He KNEW he couldn't win in a boxing ring against a seasoned and very experienced boxer...  On top of that he wasn't even fighting against an adventurous boxer that would go all out.  Mayweather wasn't about to be party to a sucker punch which can conceivably happen and the future was known by everyone, including McGregor.

I think it's clever from both parties...  More money, an event that transcended the sport for strange reasons and got people that don't even usually care about boxing watching it.

9 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Of course he is not an idiot, he could 30 mill for the fight alone. I was talking about his fan base, he challenged a boxer knowing he has slim chances. He had nothing to lose he gained fans, money and will return to mma as a rich man.

Oh, some of his "fans" are definitely in a group pertaining to the moron society.  But then again you see this in all sports where people idolise individuals more than the true support of the sport itself.

Archived