talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2019/20 Europa League Final - Sevilla 3-2 Inter Milan - Friday 21st August, 2020

• Administrator

1200px-Sevilla_FC_logo.svg.png      VS     1200px-FC_Internazionale_Milano_2014.svg

Kick-off 20.00 (BST)

Venue - RheinEnergieStadion, Cologne

Route To The Final - Sevilla
Europa League Group - 1st

Round of 32 - CFR Cluj - 1-1 on aggregate (away goals)
Round of 16 - Roma - 2-0
Quarter-Final - Wolves - 1-0
Semi-Final - Man Utd - 2-1

Top Goalscorer - Munir (5)

Route To The Final - Inter Milan
Champions League Group - 3rd

Round of 32 - Ludogorets - 4-1 on aggregate
Round of 16 - Getafe - 2-0
Quarter-Final - Bayer Leverkusen - 2-1
Semi-Final - Shakhtar Donetsk - 5-0

Top Goalscorer - Romelu Lukaku (6)

• The title was changed to 2019/20 Europa League Final - Sevilla vs Inter Milan - Friday 21st August, 2020
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I'm hoping the final lives up to the matches we've seen since restart in both of the European competitions. Inter are the better team and you'd say Lukaku would be on top form and grab a goal or two. Sevilla aren't a team to be sniffed at though and they'll definitely bring a fight to grab their 6th Europa League title and extend their record.

Just now, CaaC (John) said:

Inter for me and Lukaku scoring a hat-trick and little Ole slapping his face and saying "Why the FUCK did I get rid of him".

John, he was awful for us at the end and forced the move as he was unhappy as well. Lukaku wouldn’t have scored 33 goals for us this season. I doubt he’d have reached 20. Sometimes it just isn’t meant to be. He’s not an awful footballer, we’re not a shit club who shouldn’t have got rid of him. Just didn’t work out.

• Subscriber
Just now, DeadLinesman said:

John, he was awful for us at the end and forced the move as he was unhappy as well. Lukaku wouldn’t have scored 33 goals for us this season. I doubt he’d have reached 20. Sometimes it just isn’t meant to be. He’s not an awful footballer, we’re not a shit club who shouldn’t have got rid of him. Just didn’t work out.

I still liked the guy and still do, I would imagine he was a bit like Diago Forlan who could just not fit in at playing for United yet once he left and went to Villarreal, Atletico etc he did well, just my thoughts really but you more than likely have seen more of Lukaku playing than me and have a better judgment than me, I hope he does well. :D 

Easy choice for me, Sevilla.

Morally most people should be wanting Sevilla to win. They deserve to because they have been in the Europa League from the very start at the group stages.

Unlike Inter, they didn't finish third in their Champions League group and get a lucky bye into the Europa League. Failure shouldn't be rewarded.

I've never liked seeing Champions League sides benefit from getting knocked out that competition. Makes a mockery of the Europa League that.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, binder said:

The first cup for the new football dynasty.  Inter will win Serie A next year.

I hope so. Like the team that has been assembled and Conte's made them very efficient. Hope Lukaku and Lautaro stay together. 

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Lukaku won the penalty and then he scores from the penalty. He is such an important player for Inter.

Lukaku is great. I'm glad he finally joined Conte. 

With that goal, he tied Ronaldo's record with 34 goals in a season for Inter. 

1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

3rd penalty in 3 matches for Diego Carlos. 

He's having a hard time coping with strong and fast forwards like Traoré and Lukaku. I wonder if those matches are going to have an impact on his market.

He was outmuscled by Lukaku on Inter's first attack of the game and he conceded the penalty. Not a good start at all for him.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Cheeky penalty won by Lukaku. He willingly held on til he got to the box before finally letting himself be pushed and win the PK.

Let himself be pushed? He was held back and then got trod on the ankle...? 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived