talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jefferson Farfan to MLS

football forum

According to sources, he wants to stay in Europe, but I would say he doesn't have the legs anymore.

MLS has come in and I'm sure if he needs a club quickly he'll accept. The clubs are Portland, Inter Miami and NYCFC. Montreal was in the running but not anymore.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, I know you love him, but I don't see him doing much of anything in the MLS, and I'm certainly glad Atlanta are in the running for him (despite the fact we desperately need a goal scorer). I'm not sure why Portland would be after him, although Inter Miami makes some sense I suppose. 

• Administrator

Definitely a 'marquee' Inter Miami signing in the making. They've been utter shite in their debut season. They need a catalyst. Whether Farfan is that player I don't know but it's certainly a popular name to help along the way.

5 minutes ago, Eco said:

Eh, I know you love him, but I don't see him doing much of anything in the MLS, and I'm certainly glad Atlanta are in the running for him (despite the fact we desperately need a goal scorer). I'm not sure why Portland would be after him, although Inter Miami makes some sense I suppose. 

He'll do well when he does play.

The thing is I don't see him being a long term option not just because of his age. I think he's a good option for Miami to maintain a high profile and do some short term building for the time, but I don't think he'll be serious. I know if he goes to Miami it'll be for all the wrong reasons. He's also injury prone.

He'll score more than 10 goals though. He's not the player he once was but he still has some game in him left, and taking a drop down from Russia is just what he needs.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Definitely a 'marquee' Inter Miami signing in the making. They've been utter shite in their debut season. They need a catalyst. Whether Farfan is that player I don't know but it's certainly a popular name to help along the way.

For sure and it also helps with the Peruvian diaspora in Miami to get engaged, which if I'm correct is the second highest in the USA after New York.

I still think James Rodriguez to Inter Miami is inevitable at one point.

I'll always have a soft spot for Farfan when I signed him in an FM game (I feel like it was over a decade ago now) while I was at Roma and he became the ultimate super-sub. Pretty much scored or assisted anytime I put him on and in some crucial matches for me too. 

Archived