The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2020/21 - [1. Spieltag] - 19th September, 2020

football forum

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Michael said:

So what do you reckon, Kabak man of the match? :ph34r:

He hasn't been good, but the whole team is getting picked apart and really easily. 

Schalke keeper has actually played rather well, but I guess he's getting a lot of practice so...

• Administrator

Do Schalke not know the terms 'damage limitation'. I get that they still want to go for it and still get a goal but they're leaving 2 at the back up against players like Sane, Gnabry and Lewa xD 

At least leave another back to match them up.

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

He hasn't been good, but the whole team is getting picked apart and really easily. 

Schalke keeper has actually played rather well, but I guess he's getting a lot of practice so...

Yes, they have been outclassed by Bayern. They have looked half decent with a few of their attacks, but even then it was nothing seriously threatening. They should look better in their next game against Werder Bremen though. But this game is sadly all about damage limitation.

I guess for those of us preparing for a potential relegation battle, we need Bayern to score more more more. 

This Schalke makes no sense to me, they have talent, a wage bill most clubs would be jealous of, and yet worse than most other teams in the league. It's well documented that they are on the worst run on their clubs history, so starting off with Bayern was a punch in the gut for them.

With fixtures against Bremen, RB, Union, and Dortmund coming up, the Blues better get some points somewhere otherwise they are certainly going down. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived