The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2020/21 - [1. Spieltag] - 19th September, 2020

football forum

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, Rick said:

Schalke are in real trouble. Give it 5 more games and if they don’t have at least 7  points then you have to sack the manager. 

I'm gobsmacked he survived the capitulation last season. It's embarrassing for a club of their size.

Could not add last night to the discussions but now back home.  So why anyone is surprised by that result I do not know!  04 have had no defence for a long time and last night's selection do seriously question DW's ideas.  Bentaleb and Uth's return showed exactly why they were let go in the first place and the old man on the right at the back is worrying that no decision has yet been made on Kenny. We all know the young Welsh guy is fast, but his inability to pass a ball is painlessly obvious so there was no defence, no midfield and DW could just have given Burgstaller the front position as he wasn't going to get a chance anyway!  The idea of DW being 'let go' was etched on the faces of the 04 'board' during the game so the 'Sack' thread could be right - 'cos that's what we always do - and then bring back Magrat or Slomka or God knows who! The song 'He Ain't Heavy' has a first line which is being played out this morning in 04 supporters heads.  After Match 1 we are not down as Bayern will murder quite a few of the BL sides playing like this - I spent some time with Leroy during his injury spell in Manchester, last night he was happier than I have seen him since the last day at school!  Those shots of him on the bench after being subbed for me was the best thing about the game!

Now I can get back to the local scene here and watch with Lukas as his guys show us that last week's efforts were not a fluke!

18 minutes ago, Eco said:

I'm finding myself particularly nervous this morning. I want to be hopeful and expect a good day, but on Matchday 1, it's really hard to know what exactly to expect.

I know the feeling. Yesterday wasn't exactly the best of starts to the season. 

I will be focussing on the Koln v Hoffenheim and the Werder Bremen v Hertha matches today for obvious reasons. Hopefully Koln and Hertha have a good matchday. 

What a crushing one sided affair that game was... It's going to take Schalke at least 5 games just to draw level on goals for... 

Another predictable season ahead at the top then... Got to hand it Bayern the way they have been playing though, just frightening 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived