Union Berlin vs Augsburg
Köln vs Hoffenheim
Werder Bremen vs Hertha BSC
Stuttgart vs Freiburg

image.thumb.png.423044caab76595bb249df43a7c0ddbe.png

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One month away, and I'm excited. The Bundesliga's move to ESPN means all matches will be accessible to a lot more people than it was when it was on Fox (at least it'll be cheaper). The Borussia battle looks like a good one for week 1!

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

That is a very useful and informative table! :4_joy:

Only a month to go... Here's hoping for a much better season with no danger of relegation for a change :3_grin:

Somehow Bremen always seem to be battling the drop zone. :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Been like that for most of the last decade, never as bad as last season though.

Yeah - will be interesting to see if Bremen can avoid the drop again this year. 

Did we do a preseason predicitons thread last year? I didn't find it, but I think we did one for @Rucksackfranzoses Prediction League, but wasn't sure if that was the only one. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yeah - will be interesting to see if Bremen can avoid the drop again this year. 

Did we do a preseason predicitons thread last year? I didn't find it, but I think we did one for @Rucksackfranzoses Prediction League, but wasn't sure if that was the only one. 

Nah, don't think we did one outside of the prediction league...

8 hours ago, nudge said:

That is a very useful and informative table! :4_joy:

Only a month to go... Here's hoping for a much better season with no danger of relegation for a change :3_grin:

Hey nudge - I will have a little wager with you for a glass of Veltins or your choice. I predict that after game 1 you will be above us in the table:dam:

Edit - No I am not accepting bets that everyone will be higher than us after game 1

• 2 weeks later...

According to kicker, everyone's favourite team will be allowing 8500 fans to the Home Opener in Leipzig.

I was thinking due to Covid, the EPL would stop buying up all the Bundesliga players, but I guess they still have transfer money. 

Hard to see anyone but Bayern winning for the umpteenth time, though maybe Dortmund have a chance with all the new young talent.  I suspect Werder will be hovering down around the relegation spots.

3 minutes ago, binder said:

According to kicker, everyone's favourite team will be allowing 8500 fans to the Home Opener in Leipzig.

I was thinking due to Covid, the EPL would stop buying up all the Bundesliga players, but I guess they still have transfer money. 

Hard to see anyone but Bayern winning for the umpteenth time, though maybe Dortmund have a chance with all the new young talent.  I suspect Werder will be hovering down around the relegation spots.

What do you think are Freiburg's chances of staying up this year? 

I know they had a magical year last year, and it might be best they didn't qualify for Europe,, but still it must be the goal. 

I like Christian Streich, one of the few really good managers out there in my opinion, so many Managers today are just TV interview stars and talking heads.  He has consistently had Freiburg punching above their weight, so I think they will manage to stay up.  I thought they actually were quite good last year and played good football.

1 minute ago, binder said:

I like Christian Streich, one of the few really good managers out there in my opinion, so many Managers today are just TV interview stars and talking heads.  He has consistently had Freiburg punching above their weight, so I think they will manage to stay up.  I thought they actually were quite good last year and played good football.

I only watched a few of their matches, but I would agree they play good football. I'm just curious how much losing Koch will hurt. Like I said, I'm not sure they have the depth to be playing in Europe so it might be a tiny blessing that they avoided that Europa spot this year, although they have played in it before without being regulated. 

I'm really excited about this year, with ESPN showing all the matches of Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga, so I figured I get to have more exposure and what the one league I've always wanted to. 

Showing 2nd div as well, that is good.  I think in Kanada we are in limbo, not sure if anyone is showing Bundesliga?  Last year it was Sportsnet-which was just a re broadcast of the Fox Sports US feed.  With all the streams out there, I can usually find what I want to watch somewhere.

3 minutes ago, binder said:

Showing 2nd div as well, that is good.  I think in Kanada we are in limbo, not sure if anyone is showing Bundesliga?  Last year it was Sportsnet-which was just a re broadcast of the Fox Sports US feed.  With all the streams out there, I can usually find what I want to watch somewhere.

Yeah - I think it's all 2nd division, although I'm not 100% certain of that. If so, I'll probably find myself without enough time to be a family man and watch any league outside of Germany xD

I have already made a plan to watch a home match of every team this year, and I'll do the same for 2nd division if all the matches are being shown. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived