talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PSG 0-1 Bayern Munich - Sunday 23rd August, 2020 - FINAL

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm under the imression that many English football fans have trouble following the CL once the English have been knocked out.

But don't worry! I'll make yourselves feel right at home by making unsavory references to events that occured in wars a hundred years ago, mentioning Blitzkrieg stories, the whole nine yards....

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, God is Haaland said:

I'm under the imression that many English football fans have trouble following the CL once the English have been knocked out.

But don't worry! I'll make yourselves feel right at home by making unsavory references to events that occured in wars a hundred years ago, mentioning Blitzkrieg stories, the whole nine yards....

Who has done that on here?

Also, quite a lot of interest from fans of English clubs in the semis where no English team was in it :what:

Both Bayern Munich and PSG have been extremely dominant in this season's Champions League. Bayern Munich have incredibly won every single match that they have played in this season's Champions League, while PSG have won all of their matches apart from a loss to Dortmund and a draw away to Real Madrid.

Results:

PSG                                                                                                                   Bayern Munich                                                                                                            

Group A                                                                                                            Group B

PSG 3-0 Real Madrid                                                                                     Bayern Munich 3-0 Red Star Belgrade

Galatasaray 0-1 PSG                                                                                     Tottenham 2-7 Bayern Munich

Club Brugge 0-5 PSG                                                                                     Olympiacos 2-3 Bayern Munich

PSG 1-0 Club Brugge                                                                                     Bayern Munich 2-0 Olympiacos

Real Madrid 2-2 PSG                                                                                      Red Star Belgrade 0-6 Bayern Munich

PSG 5-0 Galatasaray                                                                                      Bayern Munich 3-1 Tottenham

Round of 16                                                                                                    Round of 16

Borussia Dortmund 2-1 PSG                                                                        Chelsea 0-3 Bayern Munich

PSG 2-0 Borussia Dortmund                                                                        Bayern Munich 4-1 Chelsea

Quarter Finals                                                                                                 Quarter Finals

Atalanta 1-2 PSG                                                                                            Barcelona 2-8 Bayern Munich

Semi Finals                                                                                                      Semi Finals

RB Leipzig 0-3 PSG                                                                                         Lyon 0-3 Bayern Munich

Top scorers: Mbappe and Icardi both with 5 goals each.                        Top scorers:  Lewandowski with 15 goals and Gnabry with 9 goals.

This final promises to be one of the most entertaining finals that we have seen in years. Much of the talk has been about Bayern's high defensive line and PSG's attack. However, it seems like Flick, the Bayern manager is going to stick to playing a high defensive line and try to suffocate PSG in the process. This actually makes a lot of sense to me, I mean if it isn't broken, why fix it? This style of play has worked very well for them so far, despite the fact that their high line has been breached at times. Sure, PSG have one of the best forward lines in the world(some would say arguably the best) and they will probably score against Bayern, but I think Bayern will score more than them with their lethal offense.

Going into this match, Bayern have had a days less rest than PSG, however, I think that Flick will have prepared them as best as possible for this final. Pavard is back available, but I don't think that he will start. I think that Flick will continue to use Kimmich at right back, with Goretzka and Thiago in the holding midfield positions. Boateng is still a doubt in defence for Bayern, but if he isn't fit, then he will clearly be replaced by Sule. Lewandowski and Gnabry will continue to be the deadly source of goals for Bayern, both are excellent finishers when it comes to taking goalscoring opportunities.

As for PSG, they have Verratti back, but will the manager Tuchel start him is another matter. As Paredes, Herrera and Gueye have performed well in his absence. Marquinhos will always be the key defensive midfielder in the PSG lineup. The front line of Mbappe, Neymar and Di Maria is the much talked about position for PSG. Everyone is wondering if they will be able to exploit the high Bayern defensive line enough times to earn PSG victory in the Champions League final. 

I personally think that Bayern will have too much for PSG. I believe it will be a high scoring game, finishing something like 3-2, 3-1, 4-2 or 4-3 in favour of Bayern. Both managers have shown that they are not scared to allow their teams to go all out and attack, I think this theme will continue into the final. Bayern will win this one for me, in a very entertaining final and in their toughest match yet. Expect plenty of fireworks in this final, it should be emotional. xD

• Administrator
1 minute ago, God is Haaland said:

Hey fellas, did you know that the French tried/planned to genocide the Hessians and people from Rheinland-Palatinate?

Are you gonna be like this all day?

This forum isn't the platform you want if that's the case. What you see from hooligans etc isn't what you see on here so I don't know what you're trying to do/prove.

2 hours ago, Michael said:

This final promises to be one of the most entertaining finals that we have seen in years. Much of the talk has been about Bayern's high defensive line and PSG's attack. However, it seems like Flick, the Bayern manager is going to stick to playing a high defensive line and try to suffocate PSG in the process. This actually makes a lot of sense to me, I mean if it isn't broken, why fix it? This style of play has worked very well for them so far, despite the fact that their high line has been breached at times. Sure, PSG have one of the best forward lines in the world(some would say arguably the best) and they will probably score against Bayern, but I think Bayern will score more than them with their lethal offense.

Going into this match, Bayern have had a days less rest than PSG, however, I think that Flick will have prepared them as best as possible for this final. Pavard is back available, but I don't think that he will start. I think that Flick will continue to use Kimmich at right back, with Goretzka and Thiago in the holding midfield positions. Boateng is still a doubt in defence for Bayern, but if he isn't fit, then he will clearly be replaced by Sule. Lewandowski and Gnabry will continue to be the deadly source of goals for Bayern, both are excellent finishers when it comes to taking goalscoring opportunities.

As for PSG, they have Verratti back, but will the manager Tuchel start him is another matter. As Paredes, Herrera and Gueye have performed well in his absence. Marquinhos will always be the key defensive midfielder in the PSG lineup. The front line of Mbappe, Neymar and Di Maria is the much talked about position for PSG. Everyone is wondering if they will be able to exploit the high Bayern defensive line enough times to earn PSG victory in the Champions League final. 

I personally think that Bayern will have too much for PSG. I believe it will be a high scoring game, finishing something like 3-2, 3-1, 4-2 or 4-3 in favour of Bayern. Both managers have shown that they are not scared to allow their teams to go all out and attack, I think this theme will continue into the final. Bayern will win this one for me, in a very entertaining final and in their toughest match yet. Expect plenty of fireworks in this final, it should be emotional. xD

In my opinion, Flick should keep the team as it is. I mean, it´s really dangerous to make drastic changes at this point because you don´t your players to enter the pitch doubting and insecure. This is exactly my criticism of Guardiola in the Lyon match. 

Flick has to trust his players, they earned that trust. 

Obviously, there is some fine tuning to do for this match, but the starting XI and the style should be kept. Just do the same that they´ve been doing in this Final 8 so far and trust the process. 

Risk is part of football, but I feel like that Bayern style actually decreases those inherent risks, because they are the ones with the ball for most of the time and they generally are the side that creates most chances. This is what you want. 

As for PSG, in my opinion Verratti should start if fit. He is capable of covering much more ground than Paredes, he is the only PSG midfielder capable of doing what Caqueret did to Thiago on Wednesday, due to his mobility Verratti can press and also due to his ability and natural talent, the italian can dismantle Bayern´s press with a dribble or a pass. 

Paredes is a nice option, he is really good with the ball on his feet, a great passer, but I´m not sure he has enough mobility to cope with this Bayern side for 90 minutes. He is a great option for the 2nd half though. Gueye is also a good option for PSG on the bench. 

Another point I´d like to make is that in the Leipzig match there were 2 or 3 balls that Neymar passed to Mbappé and the french couldn´t beat the full-back in the foot race, in occasions where he normally does. I wonder if Mbappé is really a 100% fit and how this is affecting his pace. This is definitely something I´ll be watching closely.

Bayern are definitely the favorites here. 

42 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

In my opinion, Flick should keep the team as it is. I mean, it´s really dangerous to make drastic changes at this point because you don´t your players to enter the pitch doubting and insecure. This is exactly my criticism of Guardiola in the Lyon match. 

Flick has to trust his players, they earned that trust. 

Obviously, there is some fine tuning to do for this match, but the starting XI and the style should be kept. Just do the same that they´ve been doing in this Final 8 so far and trust the process. 

Risk is part of football, but I feel like that Bayern style actually decreases those inherent risks, because they are the ones with the ball for most of the time and they generally are the side that creates most chances. This is what you want. 

As for PSG, in my opinion Verratti should start if fit. He is capable of covering much more ground than Paredes, he is the only PSG midfielder capable of doing what Caqueret did to Thiago on Wednesday, due to his mobility Verratti can press and also due to his ability and natural talent, the italian can dismantle Bayern´s press with a dribble or a pass. 

Paredes is a nice option, he is really good with the ball on his feet, a great passer, but I´m not sure he has enough mobility to cope with this Bayern side for 90 minutes. He is a great option for the 2nd half though. Gueye is also a good option for PSG on the bench. 

Another point I´d like to make is that in the Leipzig match there were 2 or 3 balls that Neymar passed to Mbappé and the french couldn´t beat the full-back in the foot race, in occasions where he normally does. I wonder if Mbappé is really a 100% fit and how this is affecting his pace. This is definitely something I´ll be watching closely.

Bayern are definitely the favorites here. 

Yes, I think that the Bayern pressing and the intensity of their game will ultimately overwhelm PSG. I don't think their midfield and defence will be able to cope with this for 90 minutes. I think PSG will score one or maybe even two goals, but I believe Bayern will outscore them. They simply create so many chances and from so many different areas of the pitch. Their accurate and incisive passing added to the intensity of their play, will ultimately win them the final tonight in my view.

Anyway, I am going out to the pub to watch this one, so enjoy what promises to be a very exciting final, played at a high pace. :twothumbsup:

• Administrator

Anyone reckon Neymar will force a move away if he can't win with PSG tonight? Is he the kind to stick around and give it another go next season?

If there's one (and only one) reason I'd want PSG to win and that's because of Mbappe. Pure quality watching him and want him to succeed (which he probably will anyway).

Bayern are just ridiculously efficient and attractive to watch when playing. A really good team. They get the job done but make it enjoyable to watch. Decent players in all parts of the pitch - Davies, Kimmich, Pavard, Gnabry, Lewandowski, Muller just to name a few. In the same way I'd want Mbappe to win for PSG, the same probably applies to Davies for Bayern to be honest.

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

Anyone reckon Neymar will force a move away if he can't win with PSG tonight? Is he the kind to stick around and give it another go next season?

Hard to predict, but if I had to guess, I´d say he will stay at least one more season at PSG. 

I don´t think he will sign an extension, differently from Mbappé, who I think that will sign an extension, but one more season seems probable. 

Neymar finally have embraced France and Paris. He is much more commited to the club´s project and respectful to the club and to the fans.  

Another factor is that he gets along his PSG teammates really well and he likes Tuchel.  This is actually interesting, because contrary to the general perception, Neymar´s teammates have always liked him. The Cavani incident is an exception and even then, their relationship improved a lot after a rough start.  I mean, Barcelona players wanted him to return not only because he´s a great player, but also because they like Neymar. 

The one person he doesn´t like at PSG is a brazilian: Leonardo. 

The main reason I think he´s staying though is the pandemic and it´s consequences to the football economy. I just don´t see any team with enough money to buy him and pay his wages at this moment.

• The title was changed to PSG 0-1 Bayern Munich - Sunday 23rd August, 2020 - FINAL
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived