talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PSG 0-1 Bayern Munich - Sunday 23rd August, 2020 - FINAL

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don’t quite understand the Neymar and Mbappé criticism. PSG’s set up is more or less designed to get them the ball as quickly as possible but the amount of times that happened tonight were few and far between. They missed some big chances but Bayern were superb and have been all year. I thought that level of pressing to that intensity wasn’t sustainable these days but Bayern have been fantastic at it all tournament. That second half especially they were a class above and rightly deserved to win the game and tournament. A top side.

I think they did equally okay.  Di Maria slightly better. Their midfield was the main problem but in truth it's hard to say the front trio weren't the problem when they were so wasteful. I think they did well in finding enough opens but it's all for nothing if you're going to be so forgiving.

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Interesting game, I thought PSG dealt with Muller and Gnabry well, but Lewandowski popped up for havoc and KK was excellent when he had the opportunity. That said 
Goretzka was occasionally very sloppy playing out from the back, and Kimmich... piece of shit. Hate him for Germany and it seems hes no different for Bayern. PASS THE BALL FORWARD SOMETIMES YOU DULL PIECE OF SHIT. 

@El Profesor Neymar was especially awful, he's been profligate all CL and he was punished for it here. His tears brought me joy. Di Maria was easily PSGs brightest spark in the final 3rd. Embarrassing from Mbappe and Naymar really.

Yes, Neymar was really bad tonight. Especially in the 2nd half. 

He is in great shape, finally on the big stage he dreamed to be when he left Barça but he simply didn't perform. No excuses.

1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

Don’t quite understand the Neymar and Mbappé criticism. PSG’s set up is more or less designed to get them the ball as quickly as possible but the amount of times that happened tonight were few and far between. They missed some big chances but Bayern were superb and have been all year. I thought that level of pressing to that intensity wasn’t sustainable these days but Bayern have been fantastic at it all tournament. That second half especially they were a class above and rightly deserved to win the game and tournament. A top side.

I think the Mbappé criticism in special is very unfair. 

He was not even supposed to be playing, ligament injuries are serious. 

49 minutes ago, Machado said:

I think they did equally okay.  Di Maria slightly better. Their midfield was the main problem but in truth it's hard to say the front trio weren't the problem when they were so wasteful. I think they did well in finding enough opens but it's all for nothing if you're going to be so forgiving.

To be honest, I think Toko Ekambi alone caused more problems for Bayern's defence than Di María, Neymar and Mbappé together. Who would've guessed? 

You bring a very good point regarding the midfield. 

For a team that has spent so much money, PSG's midfield depth is just horrible. They have no replacement to Verratti. 

In my opinion, PSG is a terribly managed club. They have an insane ammount of talent in their youth squads, yet most of those young players get very few chances in the profissional team. No wonder Kouassi chose Bayern over PSG. 

Neymar and Mbappe were terrible. Why were they terrible? Because they are two of the most expensive players of all time and they thought shooting at Neuer's chest was worth one goal each time. They choked like Gonzalo Higuian and Lionel Messi

• Administrator

That was a timid display from PSG.

I have no doubts Mbappe will bounce back, he's already won so much in his career, I'd like to think he'll unshackle himself from Ligue 1. The standards are largely garbage and the annual cake walk does nothing for him in the long run. It seems the feeble competition has diminished Neymar who was flaky as fuck and I'd put money on him being back in Brasil by 2023.  

Great game

couple of thoughts:

can Bayern compete in next season at this level?  Thiago leaving is a hole how they will fill? Plus tempo of their press must be hard to maintain 

on national team level; I was impressed with Fehrer.  Don’t think he gets much starting time at PSG but think he did a good showing against Davies and Coman down that side. 
will löw consider him going forward? He did play at the 2017 confederation cup (which seems ages ago now)

congrats Bayern and all other fans !  I definitely didn’t foresee this ending to the season back in last oct/nov. 

52 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

Great game

couple of thoughts:

can Bayern compete in next season at this level?  Thiago leaving is a hole how they will fill? Plus tempo of their press must be hard to maintain 

on national team level; I was impressed with Fehrer.  Don’t think he gets much starting time at PSG but think he did a good showing against Davies and Coman down that side. 
will löw consider him going forward? He did play at the 2017 confederation cup (which seems ages ago now)

congrats Bayern and all other fans !  I definitely didn’t foresee this ending to the season back in last oct/nov. 

I thought Kehrer was mediocre, only relying on his pace and strength to bully the smaller Davies and Coman but then again I'm always apprehensive about players that hugely rely on physical ability. As far as PSG goes I really like Juan Bernat, and I'm surprised that Bayern sold him, though I suppose they have Alphonso Davies now so it doesn't matter

21 minutes ago, Spike said:

I thought Kehrer was mediocre, only relying on his pace and strength to bully the smaller Davies and Coman but then again I'm always apprehensive about players that hugely rely on physical ability. As far as PSG goes I really like Juan Bernat, and I'm surprised that Bayern sold him, though I suppose they have Alphonso Davies now so it doesn't matter

The best full-back PSG has had in the qatari era has been... Maxwell? I guess one could mention Daniel Alves, but he wasn´t particularly good at PSG, and when Maxwell is your best full-back in almost a decade that says a lot about the lack of quality at that position.

I think Kehrer was decent considering that´s not his natural position. PSG couldn´t get in an agreement with with Meunier to extend his concract for the Final 8 and Kehrer was what they had. He will get a lot of flak after this match, but I think he can be a really good CB. 

On Bernat, if I´m not wrong, Bayern sold him because Hoeness threw him pubicly under the bus. I think he was average at best tonight. 

What was the last team to win a Champions League without good full-backs ? Chelsea in 2012? 

Thinking about this PSG squad, I´m more and more convinced that this club terribly managed. When you have a billion to spend, you have to build a complete team and not the oil version of Zidanes y Pavones. 

Real Madrid didn´t win the Champions League in the first Galáctico era and PSG probably won´t win it either unless they build a more complete squad. I´m not sure they would´ve even made it past Atalanta had Ilicic played.

But they´re so stupid that they´ll probably fire Tuchel and hire Allegri.

I think Bayern let PSG have some stupid chances in the dying minutes which just shouldn't really be happening. 

It's one thing to be brave and keep your line high, but there were moments where they were left basically man for man at the back. 

Not the most exciting of finals but Bayern worthy winners overall in my opinion.. 

What is it with PSG and City that they just can't take that extra step in this competition?? They have thrown millions into their squads trying to win it but still another season of failure for both... 

Ironic that PSG chased the dream by splashing all that cash on Mbappe and Neymar and yet it was one of their own, a kid from Paris they had for free, that couldn't get a look in whilst they were busy chopping and changing personnel, who came back to bite them.

Poetic justice.

• Subscriber

You have to wonder if PSG will even make it this far next year. Teams are bolstering their squads and its not going to be the same with them having players leave as well. I get the feeling we'll see some more players try to leave the French outfit and find other clubs but as has been shown in the past, its easy to get into PSG but terribly hard to leave when you want to. 

Honestly didn’t have any problem with that City bloke after the shite Teso spouted for 5 years. No point in banning, he wasn’t being malicious to anyone. Not my decision though but I disagree.

Congrats to the Bayern fellas on here. Fell asleep in the second half cos I’ve barely slept this week but the match could have gone either way up til what I saw a so a narrow win for either of these wouldn’t have surprised me.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

I like this from Herrera. Very direct and no media-trained bollocks. Especially 2m10s onwards 

Respect to the man for saying things the way they should be said. 

11 hours ago, Batard said:

It seems the feeble competition has diminished Neymar who was flaky as fuck and I'd put money on him being back in Brasil by 2023.  

Certainly a possibility. I disagree that the competiton has diminished him but I can see him being back in Brasil by 2023, as his professionality is on par with Ronaldinho.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived