talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PSG 0-1 Bayern Munich - Sunday 23rd August, 2020 - FINAL

• Administrator
Just now, Mel81x said:

Mbappe didn't get any power or placement behind that one but it was gifted to them.

Yes. He  should have given it more power and better placement. 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PSG's midfield is getting eaten alive. They badly need Verratti. Ball is simply not getting to Mbappé, Neymar and Di María. 

Paredes and Herrera have been really poor. 

Navas, Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, Kimpembé and Kehrer have been solid in the defence.

As for Bayern, what a match by Thiago. Best player on the pitch, in my opinion. In the 2nd half, they could explore PSG's left flank. Bernat is giving a lot of space to Gnabry. 

PSG seem to relying on either getting around the press with balls pumped out wide for Mbappe, or some lucky flick-ons getting over their markers. Sacrificed any proper possession play, but they've got some quality chances out of it. At the same time, Bayern haven't really been able to do anything with settled possession.

Wonder if Bayern will keep going and hope they've got past the worst of it, or if they'll try to change something defensively, maybe with Kimmich staying deeper.

8 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Think Bayern should have had a penalty there at the end. The attacker has the defenders hand on his shoulder as he goes around him at speed. 

I'm undecided on that. Looked a penalty at first glance and then the first replay but the replay from behind the byline made it look a bit soft. I'd defo be shouting for it if it was Liverpool though

• Subscriber

Got serious throwbacks to our DFB Pokal semifinal there,  Coman fell down and penalty was given for Bayern then, but this time the defender actually touched him at least! xD 

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMike said:

I'm undecided on that. Looked a penalty at first glance and then the first replay but the replay from behind the byline made it look a bit soft. I'd defo be shouting for it if it was Liverpool though

And Man Utd would have definitely have got it. 100%.

• The title was changed to PSG 0-1 Bayern Munich - Sunday 23rd August, 2020 - FINAL
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived