talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2020/21 Premier League Table Predictions

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, CityTheBest said:

But City will spend big and this years CL was a farce so means very little.

Glad someone finally said this. No-one has really said anything about it before today. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I think Spurs will get top 4 as well. They have gone a bit under the radar but their form has improved under Mourinho.

My dark horses for Europe are Southampton.

Is it a thing? I mean the end of one seasons form leading to position in next season? 

I had a look at the final 15 games of the season before last. Arsenal, Wolves, Newcastle, Palace and Everton were the best performing non big clubs. 

• Subscriber
On 21/08/2020 at 17:34, Harvsky said:

Is it a thing? I mean the end of one seasons form leading to position in next season? 

I had a look at the final 15 games of the season before last. Arsenal, Wolves, Newcastle, Palace and Everton were the best performing non big clubs. 

I'm more thinking with someone like Tottenham that they started badly and have recovered it somewhat over a quite long period of time under Mourinho. Southampton too - that 0-9 v us was clearly a turning point, I think since that game they have the 4th best record in the league, including being better than us (despite us winning our next 6 after that game).

I always think to us in 2015/16 as well - we finished the year before superbly and just kept that going.

Obviously summer business can affect things so although some will predict, I think it's pointless until we see the business.

This is the league table according to relegation odds

1. Man City

2. Liverpool

3. Man Utd

4. Chelsea

5. Tottenham

6. Arsenal 

7. Wolves

8. Leicester

9. Everton

10. Southampton

11. West Ham

12. Leeds

13. Brighton

14. Sheffield United

15. Burnley

16. Palace

17. Newcastle

18. Villa

19. Fulham

20. West Brom

5 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

This is the league table according to relegation odds

1. Man City

2. Liverpool

3. Man Utd

4. Chelsea

5. Tottenham

6. Arsenal 

7. Wolves

8. Leicester

9. Everton

10. Southampton

11. West Ham

12. Leeds

13. Brighton

14. Sheffield United

15. Burnley

16. Palace

17. Newcastle

18. Villa

19. Fulham

20. West Brom

So Chelsea spend half a gazzilian pounds and drop a place :ph34r:

1. Liverpool
  2. Manchester City
  3. Chelsea
  4. Manchester United
  5. Arsenal
  6. Wolves
  7. Tottenham
  8. Leicester
  9. Sheffield
  10. Southampton
  11. Everton
  12. Leeds
  13. West Ham
  14. Newcastle
  15. Brighton
  16. Burnley
  17. Crystal Palace
  18. Aston Villa
  19. West Brom
  20. Fulham

I think we'll win the title, but by nowhere near as large a margin as last year. I don't chalk that up to City turning back into the 100-point machines of a few years back, I think the hefty schedule, our seeming reluctance to spend on depth and the pressures of defending a title will lead to us dropping a fair number of points. Chelsea above United depends on United's ability to bring in Sancho (fwiw I think he'll stay at Dortmund for one more year) but the lack of real quality for either defence is worrying. I think Arteta at Arsenal works better than Jose at Spurs and subsequently sees them finishing higher. Wolves' placement hinges on if they can keep hold of their spine, and if not, they'll move down a fair bit. Leicester could move up if they spend wisely, Maddison's contract signing is a solid start. Sheffield and Southampton I expect to be consistently decent. Everton are Everton. Leeds will acclimatise the best to the league out of the promoted bunch, and will have a far better record against the top 6 than those around them. West Ham, Newcastle and Brighton will all be safe yet unspectacular, whereas I think Burnley and Palace will get dragged into a real battle, primarily on the basis of a lack of star talent (unless you count Zaha, which I don't).

• Administrator

image.png

Not that. This

Top of the tree

1st Manchester United - yeah, sticking my neck on the block. That midfield is mint and the attack is sharp. This is 12/1 on SkyBet, maybe that's colouring my view.

2nd Liverpool - post success exhaustion

3rd Manchester City - Focus will be more on European success methinks

4th Arsenal - Should be a solid season under Arteta, especially if they strengthen midfield

The nearly rans

5-10th Loosely in this order, Chelsea, Tottenham, Southampton, Everton, Leicester, Wolves

The happy just to be heres

11th to 14th, Sheffield United, Brighton, Burnley, Palace

The fodder

15th to 17th

Newcastle, Leeds and West Ham

See ya

18th to 20th

West Brom, Fulham and  Aston Villa

Champions - Liverpool

Champions League spots (2nd-4th) Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea

Europa League (5th & 6th) Leicester and Arsenal

Barely out of Europe (7th - 10th) Spurs, Everton, Leeds United, Burnley

Almost Gone (15th-17th) Aston Villa, Newcastle, West Ham

Gone (18th-20th) Fulham, West Brom, Brighton

• Administrator
On 20/08/2020 at 13:08, Eco said:
  1. Liverpool
  2. Man City
  3. Chelsea
  4. Man Utd
  5. Leicester
  6. Arsenal
  7. Spurs
  8. Leeds
  9. Wolves
  10. Southampton
  11. Everton
  12. Sheff Utd
  13. Burnley
  14. Newcastle
  15. West Ham
  16. Aston Villa
  17. Crystal Palace
  18. West Brom
  19. Fulham
  20. Brighton

1 hour ago, Eco said:

Champions - Liverpool

Champions League spots (2nd-4th) Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea

Europa League (5th & 6th) Leicester and Arsenal

Barely out of Europe (7th - 10th) Spurs, Everton, Leeds United, Burnley

Almost Gone (15th-17th) Aston Villa, Newcastle, West Ham

Gone (18th-20th) Fulham, West Brom, Brighton

What changed for the irrelevant clubs :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Stan said:

What changed for the irrelevant clubs :ph34r:

I remembered doing this, but couldn't find the other one, so I'm glad that I was pretty much the same in both. 

Just didn't feel like it mattered much what happens for teams between 11th-14th. xD

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Eco said:

I remembered doing this, but couldn't find the other one, so I'm glad that I was pretty much the same in both. 

Just didn't feel like it mattered much what happens for teams between 11th-14th. xD

You and Batard are worse than John for searching for topics :ph34r:

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Stan said:

You and Batard are worse than John for searching for topics :ph34r:

Bit tough on John that, he would at least make an attempt to search. In my mind I thought about searching.  

• Administrator
1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Solskjaer isn't winning the league mate. He's as thick as a whale omellete. 

Mrs Solskjaer must be happier than the Peruvian goalkeeper getting Bertie blasted. 

1 hour ago, Batard said:

Bit tough on John that, he would at least make an attempt to search. In my mind I thought about searching.  

I just saw your new posts and went all in, forgetting that I had previously done one. 

1. Manchester City

2. Liverpool

The title will unsurprisingly go to on one of these teams again. It will be interesting to see if Liverpool can keep their momentum now they've won everything they've set out to win. Likewise it will be interesting to see if Manchester City have their hunger back. I anticipate Man City will sign another player or two on top of the signings theyve already bought in. I've put Man City above due to the rarity of teams defending their title over the past ten years but I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool sign Thiago and that swing it. 

3. Manchester United

4. Chelsea

I think the gap between the top four and the rest is starting to become clear. I don't think its set for years as I rate Mikel Arteta more than Solksjaer and Lampard based on the little we have seen of them as top tier Managers, but I think for this season the top four will be set. I've put Manchester United above Chelsea as we don't know what to expect from Chelsea but I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea finish above them based on the fact they have the best squad depth in the league. 

5. Tottenham Hotspur

6. Arsenal

The break couldn't have come at a better time for Spurs as the return of players allowed them to celebrate the season on a semi high. Jose's track record of winning trophies in his second season makes me think and/or a Europa League and FA Cup run will happen which will see a league distraction. I do rate Mikel Arteta as manager so I wouldn't be surprised if they pip Spurs to fifth but I've placed Spurs above based on recent finishes. A sixth place finish doesn't look good on paper but if Saliva and Gabriel emerge a CB pairing, they have three settled central midfielders and the younger players progress that has to be considered a good season.

7. Wolves

8. Leicester City

9. Southampton

10. Everton

11. Sheffield United

I don't see any of these teams going down or being sucked in to a relegation battle. I wouldn't be surprised if Leicester, Southampton or Everton drop in to the bottom half but they've all shown enough last season that they're not going to be sucked in to a relegation battle. I've put Wolves ahead of the pack as despite having a small squad the lack of European distractions should work in their favour. Leicester City on the other hand didn't impress me in the second half of last season and have European distractions. Dan will probably suggest Brendan leaves at some point in the season. Southampton seem to all be moving and progressing in sync as one and I was impressed with their attitude after lockdown. Its great to see the gamble with sticking with the manager has paid off. Everton have to improve under Carlo but I think even he was surprised at the lack of impetus after lockdown from a lot of his squad. I can't imagine Sheffield United repeating last seasons heroics and it will be interesting to see how Chris Wilder managers a possible dip given how intense his management style is.

12. Burnley

13. Crystal Palace

14. Newcastle United

15. West Ham United

16. Brighton 

17.Leeds United

18. West Brom

19. Aston Villa

20. Fulham

I don't have a clue whose going down this season but any one of these sides can have their manager sacked or resign and have an absolute cluster of a season. Burnley with Sean Dyche i imagine will be fine but I can see him considering a side likes ours given how poor the recruitment team at Burnley have been for a significant period of time. Crystal Palace's transfer activity has given me hope but ill be surprised if Roy Hodgson is here in 12 months time, we haven't looked like relegation contenders since his arrival but the end to last season was very concerning. Newcastle United have looked solid since there return to the Premier League but you do wonder if they'll have a hangover from all the off field drama. West Ham United will have fans being angry after every other loss which I feel is more disruptive than beneficial, I think the owners will jump from Moyes if a big name becomes available again regardless of how it worked out last time. Despite having good squad depth, Brighton have been pretty stagnant since their PL arrival and I don't think the constant rotations from the manager are of benefit. Leeds United have been impressive in the transfer window but nobody has a clue how their style of football will do in the Premier Leagye or if Bielsa can last at a club for three years. West Brom have a solid manager but there drop off last season was concerning. Aston Villa could all progress as one side with a core of players at a decent age or the owners could get rid of Dean Smith and disrupt the whole thing. Fulham have bought back the core that got them over the line but I haven't been sold on them or Scott Parker for some time.

Archived