• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Microsoft Flight Simulator

Recommended Posts

I just got it. I'm not expecting to actually have much "gameplay" on it, but it's probably the most graphically beautiful game ever made.

I'm looking forward to spending hours just watching the planes fly over landscape.

First flight: Resolute Bay to Nuuk, Greenland.

241988d4f9c681db2e03b4ea128f28d6.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I could play it but my laptop won't be able to handle it even at low graphics (which would make it pointless really anyway).

My brother has it on his gaming PC and is loving it. He's setting himself mini challenges like flying over all the F1 circuits. A lot of landmarks are missing apparently and some have been turned into office blocks like Buckingham Palace.

I know they're working on an Xbox version so that would be good to get when if/when it comes out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

I wish I could play it but my laptop won't be able to handle it even at low graphics (which would make it pointless really anyway).

My brother has it on his gaming PC and is loving it. He's setting himself mini challenges like flying over all the F1 circuits. A lot of landmarks are missing apparently and some have been turned into office blocks like Buckingham Palace.

I know they're working on an Xbox version so that would be good to get when if/when it comes out.

Let's enjoy it. This is probably the only travelling we'll do anytime soon xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Let's enjoy it. This is probably the only travelling we'll do anytime soon xD

Very true! I'd love for there to be a driving simulator where you can drive all over the world but I guess I could just get in my car for that. It's a bit more difficult with a plane!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My mate was too busy trying to crash the plane into our office. Overshot it and hit the Unite building across the road instead. xD

Very surprised that it's that detailed though. Only thought the airports themselves would have been detailed rather than cities and landmarks etc. 

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been reading and watching videos on GFX benchmarking for this one. Crazy doesn't even begin to describe what it does to high-end graphics cards and these are the current industry top-crop. I especially like the weather effects they displayed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having a blast with this so far.

Kigali to Goma now. 27 minute flight with this plane.

40b1c7ac7c5e70eb4948625cdbd68406.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did a 6 hour flight to Tristan Da Cunha earlier this morning from Cape Town. I wasn't expecting it to take so long, 3 hours was the most I was thinking. I didn't give up though and just stayed the course. Won't lie though, I resorted to multitasking xD

I then lost all the footage I had recorded, but luckily I took some drone shots the other day cheating my way to the island (just spawning directly at the coordinates). That was a shame but I still enjoyed it :) 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you do me a favour @Mpache?

Could you fly over to Cardiff from where you are and on the way, shove your plane into the Liberty Stadium please? 

Cheers. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My laptop & my PC aren't anywhere near good enough to run this... so I'm waiting for it's release on the Xbox. Hopefully it's sometime soon (and doesn't requiring getting the next generation). It looks fun though.

How realistic is it? Can I find every building I've ever lived in and fly over/into them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Can you do me a favour @Mpache?

Could you fly over to Cardiff from where you are and on the way, shove your plane into the Liberty Stadium please? 

Cheers. :)

Yeah can definitely do that. I'll let you know :) 

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

My laptop & my PC aren't anywhere near good enough to run this... so I'm waiting for it's release on the Xbox. Hopefully it's sometime soon (and doesn't requiring getting the next generation). It looks fun though.

How realistic is it? Can I find every building I've ever lived in and fly over/into them?

Basically. I play on Medium graphics but it still looks pretty damn good. The whole world is taken and laid out exactly as it is on maps.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stop flying planes for a second though and carry on with my FM career please :) 

GET ME OFF WOLVES

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement