The better place to talk football.

Thiago Silva - Chelsea Contract Extended

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
On 22/08/2020 at 03:43, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'd take an uninjured 2010/11 Vidic over any cunt not on that list

Vidic the beast and United miss him a lot if he was around nowadays with the defenders we have he would be kicking arses.

It's very interesting that football is much more physical demanding nowadays than it was in let's say 2010, but at the same time, many top players are extending their career at a very high level past the 30 years old mark. 

Thiago Silva is part of that trend. I'd never think he'd a shot at playing the World Cup in Qatar, but here we are and with almost 2 years left, it seems like he has a very good shot at it. 

I'm not sure what explains it, but if I had to guess, I'd say that those top players are using their financial power to lead a healthy life style and taking very good care of their bodies so they can extend their careers.

Just now, El Profesor said:

It's very interesting that football is much more physical demanding nowadays than it was in let's say 2010, but at the same time, many top players are extending their career at a very high level past the 30 years old mark. 

Thiago Silva is part of that trend. I'd never think he'd a shot at playing the World Cup in Qatar, but here we are and with almost 2 years left, it seems like he has a very good shot at it. 

I'm not sure what explains it, but if I had to guess, I'd say that those top players are using their financial power to lead a healthy life style and taking very good care of their bodies so they can extend their careers.

Old defenders tend to do best at international level. Just look at Pepe at the Euros in 2016, or Demichelis and Yepes in the 2014 World Cup.

• 9 months later...
  • The title was changed to Thiago Silva - Chelsea Contract Extended

Archived