talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Houssem Aouar - Lyon Midfielder Linked With Arsenal

football forum

Almost certain to leave Lyon this window. He's my absolute number 1 dream signing for Arsenal, but there will be a lot of clubs after him who are in a much better position to attract him right now. But still, I can dream...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

He is quality. Destined for a big club and PL would be lucky to see him right now. Can see him fitting in at a club like Dortmund or Bayern, Man City, PSG...

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest I don't know much about Aouar so don't have any idea how good he would be when making the step up from Ligue 1. Ndombele looked great at Lyon let's not forget.

I like Guendouzi, so I'm not too keen on getting rid of him anyway. A great passer who's also a bit of a prick isn't a bad thing in my opinion. Still young as well.

If Arteta sees a lot in him then hopefully we get him as I trust Arteta but I'm not desperate for this. As I said that just might be because I don't know much about him and I don't trust the 100s of sudden experts on him that popped out from nowhere on twitter as soon as he was linked.

• Administrator

Oh man I'd love to see Auoar in the Premier League but part of me will be disappointed it's Arsenal cos he'll be ridiculously good there.

(Basically I'd have loved for him to come to us no matter how unrealistic it'd have been xD )

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.391bb58d745b09ed23056b69bd27bd3a.png

Arsenal ready second Houssem Aouar offer after Lyon issue transfer message to Gunners

Arsenal are already preparing a second bid for Houssem Aouar after Lyon rejected their opening gambit for the creative midfielder.

Club president Jean-Michel Aulas indicated earlier today that an offer of £32million (€35million) had been rejected but Arsenal will not be deterred. football.london understands the Gunners are ready to increase their offer to £36.5million (€40million) with a further £9million in potential add-ons (€10million).

Aulas' comments indicated a potential readiness to sell but only for the right price. A tweet from his account said: "For Houssem Arsenal is too far from his value: we are counting on him to play a great match in Lorient and lead OL in CL next year." (football.london)Arrow.png.35e1fa71b925859fad4af3cb33a0b178.png

• The title was changed to Houssem Aouar - Lyon Midfielder Linked With Arsenal
2 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

There goes my optimism for the season. Arteta not being backed financially.

That's not how I am reading that... Just sounds like the player is not interested in a move just yet rather than Arsenal not having the money, Even Juventus and PSG have been rejected and they are not short of spending cash are they?? 

4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

That's not how I am reading that... Just sounds like the player is not interested in a move just yet rather than Arsenal not having the money, Even Juventus and PSG have been rejected and they are not short of spending cash are they?? 

Yeah my comment isn't really directly in response to what's being said in the tweet. He's been interested in coming here for weeks and we've been trying to negotiate with OL. Their owner gave a deadline of today to agree a fee and we haven't done that and now the player has said he's gonna stay.

• The topic was locked

Archived