talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gloryhunter 2020/21

football forum

• Subscriber

SEASON TWO - 2020/21

It doesn’t seem 5 minutes since the last season ended at all does it?!

With not long to go until the new season starts in England and with some leagues elsewhere having already started, it's time to get started on the new season of Gloryhunter!

We will be starting the matches on the weekend of Friday 11th September 2020 so that everyone is starting at the same time. I know Ligue 1 has started already but we're all starting at the same time so that it's fair.

@Stan is the reigning champion so he is the one to beat this time round to stop him retaining his crown.

Last season, it was a bit of a mess with COVID-19 interrupting but this time, hopefully it’ll be a bit more plain sailing. We started with English teams last season but this time, it will be a little bit more of a free-for-all. You will be randomly assigned a team from any of the following leagues as your starting team:

• Premier League (England)
  • Championship (England)
  • League One (England)
  • League Two (England)
  • La Liga (Spain)
  • La Liga 2 (Spain)
  • Serie A (Italy)
  • Serie B (Italy)
  • Ligue 1 (France)
  • Ligue 2 (France)
  • Bundesliga (Germany)
  • 2. Bundesliga (Germany)

It will be one player per club so once a club has gone, nobody else will be given them until you lose to them in a match!

Getting Started / How Does It Work?

• You will be randomly assigned a team which will be your team for the first fixture
  • If your team wins, you will get 3 points and stay with them for their next fixture.
  • If your team draws, you receive 1 point and get to choose which of the two teams you go to the next fixture with.
  • If your team loses, you receive 0 points and go to the next fixture with the team who have just beaten you.
  • In the event of a match postponement, you remain with the team until their next fixture
  • Friendly matches and reserve matches (U21's) will not be counted eg. EFL Trophy

*NEW FOR THIS SEASON* Global Pandemics
In the event of a global pandemic and leagues being halted, the competition will be frozen until football resumes. If the football does not resume, the Gloryhunter league will either be decided on a PPG basis or we will end the season as is.

January Transfer Window
From 00:01 on January 1st 2021 until 23:59 on January 31st 2021, you can opt to transfer from your current team. Details of which will be posted nearer the time.

That is all you need to know for now. If you have any questions, fire away. Let me know if you want in! Hopefully we can get 20-24 players like last time. As per last season, if anybody wants to join midway through, that is fine and I'll add you to the table but you'll have some ground to make up!

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Azeem said:

In 

Oooh, you've got Roma. Bit of a difference from Fulham who you started with last time!

image.thumb.png.f2c1bf79dfd94ccaab2b20fd125235d9.png

Serie A doesn't start until the 19th but you'll soon catch up!

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Come on guys. You're top three ;) 

To be fair, I don't even know their fixture list yet. Think they're announced later this week. 

Real Madrid away first up would be good xD 

Just now, Stan said:

To be fair, I don't even know their fixture list yet. Think they're announced later this week. 

Real Madrid away first up would be good xD 

Or a cup game against a 4th tier team that he end up losing. :ph34r:

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I'll give it a go this time @Pyfish, never done it before but quickly read the rules and seems pretty straight forward. 

Welcome aboard! 

Your starting team is... Udinese

image.thumb.png.c805c1ab36e70547e56fff35fdd62794.png

16 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I'm in, spin the wheel.  :hh:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47rv24mmzmencmgy63iy

The wheel has been spun and your team is... EFL new boys Barrow

image.thumb.png.026d04828c34a0b4395e451929422694.png

There's an EFL Cup game coming up against Derby but your first match will be the League Two fixture

13 minutes ago, nudge said:

In!

Cittadella in Serie B is what the randomiser has thrown up for you!

image.thumb.png.f5d56fb472570835a36b26c1466c6bcc.png

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

The wheel has been spun and your team is... EFL new boys Barrow

image.thumb.png.026d04828c34a0b4395e451929422694.png

There's an EFL Cup game coming up against Derby but your first match will be the League Two fixture

Whoohoo, that will do for now, nice to start at the bottom and maybe work my way up, come on The Blue Birds or The Ziggers.  :drunk:

220px-New_Barrow_Football_Club_Crest_201

• Subscriber

Why not let the first 4 winners of the Gloryhunters get a choice of the team they want in the EPL or European teams, 6th & 7th can only pick an EPL team and the rest get the randomizer?...

Hang on, I will get my coat or hat...getmecoat.gif   xD

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4707om2qb09kw8t3ssw3

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived