talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Luis Suarez Leaves Barca For Atletico Madrid

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think he's got a few more years being able to play in a top 5 league. Just won't match the expectation of Barcelona anymore. He's lost a lot of pace so he needs a lot of support these days. I think the Inter Milan rumours work, because he would prove to be handy for them. Especially if Lautaro leaves.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I still think he's got a few more years being able to play in a top 5 league. Just won't match the expectation of Barcelona anymore. He's lost a lot of pace so he needs a lot of support these days. I think the Inter Milan rumours work, because he would prove to be handy for them. Especially if Lautaro leaves.

Agent Godin at work. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Agent Godin at work. 

Inter would be perfect for him. Assuming Lukaku stays, he'll play alongside him in a 2 striker system which is what he needs. Both of them can provide for each other and he's still easily a 15+ goal striker when played right. With his lack of pace, he struggles as a lone forward similar to Falcao in his latter years, although not quite that bad.

I think MLS is too soon for now. He can still do a job at a club like Inter.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, SirBalon 69 said:

Ajax have had a 15 million euros bid accepted.  Barcelona would like to include Suarez in the Van de Beek deal. 

Makes sense. Suarez back 'home' effectively. Reckon he'll stay til end of his career there?

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Suárez was actually having a class season pre-covid before injury.

It'll be hard to replace him though even if he has piled on the pounds as there aren't many great strikers around right now and it's not like someone such as Mbappe is gettable.

any youth prospects that can step up?

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

any youth prospects that can step up?

The only attacking player I'd say right now is Fati. But he's a winger.

If you ask me himself, Puig and Araújo need to be playing as much as possible. It's not like they haven't impressed in the first team.

I don't get why Cucurella isn't brought back either as he's shown what he's about at Getafe. Granted as a left winger but he's made for that attacking full back role for me.

Dembélé needs to sort his lifestyle and diet out as he could be one of the world's best. This will probably be his last chance this season.

When it comes to strikers I suppose the only option would be to buy one. There has been talk of Lautaro Martinez but it won't be easy.

But honestly, the main things that need sorting out more than anything are the defence and midfield.

• The title was changed to Luis Suarez - Likley to Leave Barcelona
4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I've read he might be available on a free. Surely we could do something here if that's the case.

I think his wages would be a major issue! We simply don't pay massive wages.

Would be nice though having Mane, Salah, Firmino & Suarez to rotate. 

43 minutes ago, Spike said:

If Ajax can afford Suarez, so can Liverpool. Delusional thinking otherwise. You’d think Liverpool were a skint   third division club reading posts on here sometimes.

Who says Ajax can afford Suarez, or that he's going there?

Fuck me, some people hear a rumour and think they know everyone's finances xD

Nobody said Liverpool can't afford it, just that massive wages for a player at the end of his career would probably be a big issue.

FSG have a policy on player wages that is performance incentive based, and stick to it, rightly or wrongly. 

Not all owners just throw money around like its a game of monopoly.

10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Who says Ajax can afford Suarez, or that he's going there?

Fuck me, some people hear a rumour and think they know everyone's finances xD

Nobody said Liverpool can't afford it, just that massive wages for a player at the end of his career would probably be a big issue. FSG have a policy and stick to it, rightly or wrongly. 

So easy to wind up mate xD

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Who says Ajax can't afford the fee? Or who even says he isn't? Just because there is no evidence for something doesn't mean that the opposite is true. I'd say it's a safe gamble that Liverpool do pay 'massive wages'.

Ok, you know best. I really cant be arsed. 

No way are we signing Suarez, free or not, I would bet my house on it. Of course we could afford it but it totally goes against the policy FSG have put in place at the club. 

Look into it, I can't be bothered to explain in depth mate.

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Ok, you know best. I really cant be arsed. 

No way are we signing Suarez, free or not, I would bet my house on it. Of course we could afford it but it totally goes against the policy FSG have put in place at the club. 

Look into it, I can't be bothered to explain in depth mate.

look again

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

I know. I just think we've lost Lovren, Lallana and Clyne who were earning about £250k a week between them. If the offer of a one or two year contract was there for Suarez surely it's worth it? You could understand if we missed out because he took a huge contact elsewhere though

12 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I know. I just think we've lost Lovren, Lallana and Clyne who were earning about £250k a week between them. If the offer of a one or two year contract was there for Suarez surely it's worth it? You could understand if we missed out because he took a huge contact elsewhere though

This. Suarez returning and pushing the front three on would be excellent. Yeah, he's older, but so what? Players can play longer nowadays.

Though, I can't see him going anywhere other than Ajax at this point.

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

The way he's being released makes it really likely that he's going to have to take lower wages than he was on at Barca (which is something outrageous btw). Because they're buying out the last year of his contract in exchange for him not exercising his option to extend because they've played him for a certain number of games that gives him that option (so they'll be paying him for one season, rather than two).

So he's getting a bunch of money just for having his contract terminated... then he's going to be signing with a club as a free agent. That usually means getting a lot of money in a lump sum up front as a signing fee, as well as pretty high wages - that sort of make up for the "low cost" of not having to negotiate a transfer fee.

It'd be worth sounding out if he'd want to be a squad player with us... but he's also pretty far from the same player he was when he left us. And he wouldn't be more than a squad player, imo, and I think he's looking to be moving to a club where he'll still be a key player. And I think despite his quality waning, I think he's still good enough to be a key player at a pretty good club.

• The title was changed to Luis Suarez Leaves Barca For Atletico Madrid

Archived