talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Luis Suarez Leaves Barca For Atletico Madrid

12 hours ago, Cicero said:

I don't think Ajax has a player that's currently over 100kpw

Ajax would have to offer him a large signing on fee and a lower wage, which Marc Overmars has already stated as they do not want to break their wage structure.   It all depends to what Suarez wants to do in his career, if he was big pay deal before retiring.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Suárez is still an above average striker, but he can´t really run anymore. In my opinion, in a team built around him, he could still be a real asset. 

The problem of him going to Juventus is that I´m not sure he and Ronaldo can coexist in the big matches. 

Before his injury last season, he was actually playing brilliantly, then suffered a lengthy injury and had it not been for the postponement of the league due to coronavirus, then he wouldn't have played the rest of the season, where if we are honest he wasn't properly match fit or in the best of shape, in fact he's a bit of a fat cunt but who is currently better at the club? Braithwaite? 

Best goal of the season in Europe.

The defence and midfield need work the most, by miles. The attacking options were the strongest part of the team still, but if a defence falls to pieces all the time and the midfield is completely devoid of quality and relies on one of the attackers(Messi) to drop deep and do everything, it's going to affect the attack aswell.

Barcelona's problem is continuing to play with the likes of Sergi Roberto(decent sub who is versatile but he doesn't excel in any position), persisting with Busquets, who is now slow and not up to speed with the game and more importantly Pique, who is a massive liability. It doesn't matter how well the team play if he is just going to make ridiculous errors and allow teams back into games. He single handedly throws games away.

Alba needs some competition and needs moving on from also.

I know these are all the Catalan players and it's sad to say it, but they are the main ones who needed moving on from right now(along with Rakitic and Vidal), while Suarez could still have offered something (along with Messi, of course) if he's to shake that fat off before the season starts. 

But these players I mentioned will still be in the line up next season. Pique will still be falling all over the place and the defence and midfield will still be absolutely awful.

As it stands, Barcelona still don't have a defence or midfield next season while the attack is now significantly weaker. When Dembélé gets injured for 6 months after 2 games, it leaves a Leganés standard player in Braithwaite, a 17 year old kid and Griezmann, who is terribly overrated if we are honest.

The positive about this team right now is de Jong, who is fucking class. But he's probably wasting his career as much as it pains to say it. As with Ter Stegen. 

The best all-round, as it stands, would be to finish 3rd in the Champs league group and play in the Europa League to save embarrassment when the team beat Leipzig 4-0 at home then get hammered 5-0 away.

On 03/09/2020 at 10:32, Harvsky said:

If you're one of the Madrid clubs you must be howling right now.

At this rate Koeman will have to bring in Rooney and Omar Niasse.

To be fair, the Madrid clubs aren't looking too great either in comparison to previous years.

Sevilla could well take advantage here and it's something I've often predicted to happen in the near future. They will win it at some point for me.

One positive to Barcelona not being able to spend much is that it opens up opportunities to the youth players, which is what has been lacking. Too much money spent on shit.

Suarez was class for Barça and it's only because of Messi's ridiculous numbers and the ridiculous things he does on the pitch why the Uruguayan's not quite lauded enough. 3rd top scorer in the club's history. Also when Suarez and C.Ronaldo were playing in La Liga at the same time, Suarez scored more goals and assisted more during this time which shows how well he did.

Scored some beastly goals as well.

9 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Suarez was class for Barça and it's only because of Messi's ridiculous numbers and the ridiculous things he does on the pitch why the Uruguayan's not quite lauded enough. 3rd top scorer in the club's history. Also when Suarez and C.Ronaldo were playing in La Liga at the same time, Suarez scored more goals and assisted more during this time which shows how well he did.

This confirms Messi is leaving

• Administrator

Huge signing for Juve if true.

22 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Suarez and Ronaldo will be deadly. Like Suarez and Messi were. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Huge signing for Juve if true.

Suarez and Ronaldo will be deadly. Like Suarez and Messi were. 

Suárez at this point is definitely the best number 9 in the market and he's an improvement over Higuaín. 

I feel like Kulusevski or Costa should be the third man in the attack for Juve, Dybala-Ronaldo-Suárez on paper is great but it would be a bit too slow in my opinion. They'll need some pace on the wing. Curious to see what Pirlo has in mind.

4 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Suárez at this point is definitely the best number 9 in the market and he's an improvement over Higuaín. 

I feel like Kulusevski or Costa should be the third man in the attack for Juve, Dybala-Ronaldo-Suárez on paper is great but it would be a bit too slow in my opinion. They'll need some pace on the wing. Curious to see what Pirlo has in mind.

If they kept Higuaín then it would have been more like fattest front 3 than fastest :coffee:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.9e6c3bb05585dbbd7862176cb83a621d.png

Luis Suarez: Barcelona agree to sell striker to Atletico Madrid

Barcelona has agreed to let striker Luis Suarez join La Liga rivals Atletico Madrid.

Suarez is not wanted at Barca and the Catalans were happy to release him for free, providing he did not join certain other top clubs.

The Uruguayan agreed terms on a reduced salary with Atletico after a move to Juventus fell through because of passport issues.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54259386

10 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Barcelona has agreed to let striker Luis Suarez join La Liga rivals Atletico Madrid.

Suarez is not wanted at Barca and the Catalans were happy to release him for free, providing he did not join certain other top clubs.

Does Barca not consider Atletico a top club? O.o

• The title was changed to Luis Suarez Leaves Barca For Atletico Madrid

Archived