• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Community Shield - Arsenal p1-1 Liverpool - Saturday 29th August, 2020

football forum

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, God is Haaland said:

Beautiful goal. This is what football is all about. I wish them all the best.

Yes, it was a beautiful goal. Lovely build up play starting from the goalie and a superb finish by Aubameyang to score. Arsenal really need to hold on to Aubameyang, he is a world class player and all of the top clubs in the world would want to have a striker like him in their team.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Rick said:

I’m also not too pleased with Klopp’s management of Brewster today. Brings him on with one minute to play, then allows him to take the 3rd penalty. That’s a good recipe for damaging his confidence. 

What if he really wanted to take one? 

5 hours ago, Danny said:

Liverpool looked a bit flat today, even if they were unfit. I could be wrong and they might go on and win another title but I think they might be a bit flat this season. They won the Champions League and finished second on 90 something points, following season they stormed the league. There was a bit of flailing towards the end but still done it in good fashion...I think reaching the 90+ point mark 3 seasons in a row might be too much of an ask, especially after the euphoria of finally winning a title. And I think City will be bang up for it this season and so will Chelsea...

It was a pre season friendly...

9 hours ago, LFCMike said:

It’s a competitive match which both sides wanted to win, but I addressed that you were unfit. Clearly my post wasn’t inspired by one community shield match lol

9 hours ago, LFCMike said:

The players and manager don’t treat it like that though.

For what it’s worth, I think we will be fine. I think the league is going to be much more competitive than last season but I still expect us to be up there challenging for the title. However, it can’t be denied that us not bringing in proper re-enforcements hurts our chances to go big for a third season in a row. 

4 hours ago, shut up said:

AMN motm playing at LB. Impressive. England call up too. Think Wolves are going to have to pay £25m+ if they wanna sign him. 

Screenshot_20200830-083604_Twitter.jpg

We'd be so mad to sell now, it's all finally clicking for him he is so good. Really happy he got an England call up as well. 

I wouldn't be too concerned if I was Liverpool.

They lost the same game on pens last year to Man City after a 1-1 draw and look what ended up happening.

Ok, maybe you'd expect a bit more from them but the fact was they played with no real intensity.

Only one team really wanted that, probably because they have a lot to prove to a new manager, and they ended up winning it, fair play to Arsenal.

When you have recently beaten City and Chelsea in the Cup, it's natural Arteta would want them to beat Liverpool and keep Arsenal in the habit of beating opponents bigger than them. They need to change the mentality at the club so these games mean more presently to them.

As for Liverpool, let's be honest, they have a nightmare fixture first up against a very well coached side who will run all day and all night, put on intense pressure off the ball and look a threat on it, so it's natural they want to conserve energy and be ready for that. I'd be pretty scared facing them first off too 👀

• The topic was unpinned

Archived