• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Allan - Everton Seal Deal

Recommended Posts

Quote.thumb.png.ecbd8285d0f493960106a8d136c48bcf.png

Everton are stepping up their efforts to sign Napoli midfielder Allan, according to reports - but the Brazilian will cost the Merseysiders upwards of £30m.

Carlo Ancelotti is keen to bolster his midfield this summer, having identified a number of targets. The Toffees missed out on Southampton's Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg after Tottenham Hotspur sealed the signing first - but that hasn't stopped Everton looking further afield. (FOUR FOUR TWO)Arrow.png.3fb2b090d2571a1f85eb05f5d410dd4d.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe he'll be the key to any success they have in future...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do Everton love players with old man names? Alan, Bernard, Jo...just need to sign Fred and you've got the locals at a rural pub in East Yorkshire. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Why do Everton love players with old man names? Alan, Bernard, Jo...just need to sign Fred and you've got the locals at a rural pub in East Yorkshire. 

It's a better recruitment policy than the one we've had the last 5 years to be fair :ph34r:.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good signing that, Ancelotti pull power on show

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this not the sort of signing the blues have been moaning about, £30m players on big wages?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allan was never the same player after the failed move to PSG, but before that he was one of the best midfielders in italian football. 

With a coach he likes and in a new scenario, I think he can return to his best. 

Great signing for Everton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/08/2020 at 13:14, The Artful Dodger said:

Why do Everton love players with old man names? Alan, Bernard, Jo...just need to sign Fred and you've got the locals at a rural pub in East Yorkshire. 

Yeah, add Arthur of Barcelona as well as  your suggestion of Fred to their team and the Everton team sheet would really sound like a group of old men. xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting it down to £25m makes this one easier to swallow. I'm not keen on signing 29 year olds for that much money but beggars can't be choosers. Our midfield options at the start of this summer are possibly the absolute worst in the league now that Norwich have gone down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Getting it down to £25m makes this one easier to swallow. I'm not keen on signing 29 year olds for that much money but beggars can't be choosers. Our midfield options at the start of this summer are possibly the absolute worst in the league now that Norwich have gone down. 

Bad news, he is closer to 30 than 29.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My entire life Everton have been one of the most boring sides in the league and at times a joke (that window where they signed Sigurdsson and Michael Keane and thought they were going to take over the world)...but bringing Ancelotti in, now Allan, James close to signing, a core of good young players...this could be the significant shift they were hoping for after Moyes left

Would genuinely be great to see them competing and eventually a Goodison Park playing host to big nights in Europe...hope these signings work out for them

Edited by Danny
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Danny said:

My entire life Everton have been one of the most boring sides in the league and at times a joke (that window where they signed Sigurdsson and Michael Keane and thought they were going to take over the world)...but bringing Ancelotti in, now Allan, James close to signing, a code of good young players...this could be the significant shift they were hoping for after Moyes left

Would genuinely be great to see them competing and eventually a Goodison Park playing host to big nights in Europe...hope these signings work out for them

Feel the same. Feels a bit like last chance saloon, they've spent money and regressed. Even just being a team that plays with a bit of flair would be nice. With the stadium still being argued about it feels like a huge 12 months for Everton, either they make some steps to being where they want to be or they become Premier League flotsam and Jetsam, perhaps even worse. I really hope it works out, and please god beat Liverpool for once, such a one sided derby (for two respected clubs) is embarrassing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not going to try and over analyse these signings. I'm pleased at his age we've stuck to a 3 year deal and only paid about £20m up front. If this was 5 years ago we'd have paid £30m+ a month ago and given him a 5 year contract and an extra £10k a week to boot.

I'm going to stick my neck out and see he must be an upgrade on Schneiderlin, Delph, Davies, but I've been wrong before.

Let's just see how we start the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm not going to try and over analyse these signings. I'm pleased at his age we've stuck to a 3 year deal and only paid about £20m up front. If this was 5 years ago we'd have paid £30m+ a month ago and given him a 5 year contract and an extra £10k a week to boot.

I'm going to stick my neck out and see he must be an upgrade on Schneiderlin, Delph, Davies, but I've been wrong before.

Let's just see how we start the season.

I haven't watched him in recent years, but when Higuain played for Napoli he was class, used to think he was one of the best midfielders around, a jack of all trades, if he hasn't lost his legs and he performs at the same level as when i watched him then he will be a quality signing and you'd have a top 4 center midfielder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, shut up said:

everton have the nicest home kit in the league

 

 

 

 

Brighton says no. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement