talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rodrigo to Leeds

It looks like we are someway down the line to completing a deal for Rodrigo from a cash strapped Valencia.

I can honestly say I don't know much about him, wasn't necessarily bowled over by his goal record but all I see on social media is how good he is in the forward line and bringing people into play. Smells like strong Firmino vibes. I can see why Bielsa and Victor Orta would like him at Leeds.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying he isn't good enough for us, it's just if we are spending that money, I'd prefer a clinical goalscorer as we don't have one and I think we need that desperately now.

Confused as to if this is what we really need or not, and that is a massive fee by our standards but many are saying its a clever signing and he'll fit Leeds like a glove.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're expecting a target man who's gonna bang them in week in week out, you'll be disappointed. He's more of a creator than a finisher. Your Firmino comparison is on point. Don't think he's worth all the money much less at 29, but Mendes is going to Mendes.

• Subscriber

We were linked last summer for a silly price, one of them where I thought he wasn't quite worth what we were supposedly going to have to pay, but did look a good player. Actually don't think he'd be a bad bet now.

4 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

He's only ever Impressed me in 2 seasons, but he's not a bad player though, just didn't turn out as expected from when he was a young player at Benfica. The thing is, he'll be playing regularly Leeds so you could get your money's worth.

Was literally waiting for our resident Guillem Ballague to come on and say 'Wow, amazing signing for Leeds that, he will be brilliant for them' but it never happened. Disappointing.

16 hours ago, Lucas said:

Was literally waiting for our resident Guillem Ballague to come on and say 'Wow, amazing signing for Leeds that, he will be brilliant for them' but it never happened. Disappointing.

It's a brilliant signing for a newly promoted club to be honest. But I always felt he wasn't consistent enough for Valencia although he did gain interest from big clubs after that class season he had a few years back.

Honestly, I am a little sceptical because of the goals record and for me that is the number one concern. We create chances and we'll do so again, but we need to convert them.

No doubt he is classier than Bamford in that department mind and hopefully he adapts to the PL well enough to be a success. It's been a long time since we have been able to attract a player the calibre of Spain's number 9 to the club anyway.

I've read a lot of good things about what he'll bring us. And the way we play, we are so fluid in how are players move around the pitch, it's very hard for teams to track us so he will fit in well there.

We are just not used to spending vast amounts of cash, not since the Ridsdale days anyway, especially in one go on players so you naturally feel a bit cautious with deals like this but this is the world we live in now.

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If Leeds can capitalise on Man Utd fan Peter Lim, a more aggressive Mike Ashley type, running hid club into the ground... I will applaud it.

I relate to Leeds a lot. Most people hate them and they hate United the most?

Bar twice in the season, I think we're going to get on like a house on fire.

Archived