talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matt Doherty - Spurs Agree Deal for Wolves Defender

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

He's surely not really good enough if they have serious aspirations, think players like him and Coady are beneficiaries of their system rather than being that great.

Would be a great move for him. Has come through the ranks at Wolves and is a great asset if used correctly. However last season Wolves & Spurs were quite similar in points, therefore is it a step up for him? However, you would expect Spurs to up their game this season!

Done apparently.

Very good signing and strangely, I think everyone raised their eyebrows at the fee.

So used to seeing stupid, make believe fee's that it makes this deal seem so paltry. This is a realistic fee for a player of his ability. 

A solid wing back, in his prime, two PL seasons under his belt for £16-18m in a crazy market is a steal. 

An upgrade an Aurier too. Not as much of a liability at the back and he can put in a great cross.

Really surprised to not see other teams in for him at that price. Doesn't strike me as a typical Mourinho defensive signing for that system but for that price I'm sure it's worth the gamble. Can't be any more of a liability than Aurier if the worst really does come to the worst. Always looks more comfortable on the ball and is far better at handling a winger.

• The title was changed to Matt Doherty - Spurs Agree Deal for Wolves Defender
6 hours ago, Storts said:

It’s funny what are you talking about, great content! 

It’s funny and it addresses that shit before the twittersphere tries to throw it all in his face now that he’s a Spurs player. Pretty smart stuff from the Spurs social media team tbh

• Subscriber

Wolves fans seem more annoyed at this than I thought they would be, I always got the feeling from their fans that they didn't think he was all that good but maybe I'm wrong.

Feel us and them are having very similar summers - shit ones. We're the only two teams in the league to make no signings and neither of us have massive squads anyway.

Wolves are right to be fucking annoyed at this. The manager just said that they need more players in, a bigger squad and first thing they do is go and sell his first choice RB. Now I’m sure the club with have somebody from the Portuguese league come in as a replacement but its a move that goes against their whole idea of building the club to compete at the highest level. 

On 27/08/2020 at 09:28, shut up said:

Hopefully, Wolves will now put in an offer of £25m for AMN :D 

Do Arsenal fans not rate him? He seems pretty decent tbh. Although Iwobi also looked pretty great against us so... you’d know better

Archived