• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Harry Maguire Given Suspended Sentence For Assault & Bribery

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
44 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

More than likely Pogba & Lingard were dancing in the street and some guy jumped them and captain wonder balls jumped in to help xD

You sound a bit obsessed over them mate xD 

Reports in the Greek press that his sister got stabbed which led him to be enraged like the Hulk. Apparently took 5 guys to subdue him when they finally arrested him.

Tbf I thought it was funny at first, but an insane reaction is actually pretty understandable if you’re out on holiday with your family and some cunt stabs your sister.

19 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Reports in the Greek press that his sister got stabbed which led him to be enraged like the Hulk. Apparently took 5 guys to subdue him when they finally arrested him.

Tbf I thought it was funny at first, but an insane reaction is actually pretty understandable if you’re out on holiday with your family and some cunt stabs your sister.

Interesting... The report I was reading yesterday made no mention of that stabbing incident?? All it said was that there was an altercation between a few blokes and when the Police turned up he got involved in a scuffle and 2 officers ended up being knocked to the ground so he was arrested.. 

25 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Interesting... The report I was reading yesterday made no mention of that stabbing incident?? All it said was that there was an altercation between a few blokes and when the Police turned up he got involved in a scuffle and 2 officers ended up being knocked to the ground so he was arrested.. 

Yeah I read that too. And I have no idea if these Greek reports are credible or not tbh, but if that is true... I actually have a bit of sympathy for him.

If the initial reports are true, lol what a dickhead.

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.c412c55289e7fdada5ef5ac0e9bbf310.png

New Manchester United signing Isak Hansen-Aaroen confirmed via Instagram post from the young player, via the Mirror. 

The Norwegian forward, who only turned 16 yesterday has joined the Red Devils from his club Tromso.

It would be fair to say United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer knew about the player, due to the fact that they are both from Norway and Hansen-Aaroen is considered a young star in the country. (Shoot) Arrow.png.4272f90fe057b995bae760bd19a18997.png

download.thumb.png.d5021b287ec200bd7935402cbbd6a1a0.png

On 22/08/2020 at 18:42, Dr. Gonzo said:

I wouldn't believe anything of what you hear in the press, good or bad. There will be a PR campaign trying to smooth over his reputation, always happens with Manchester United players. Does anyone remember Ryan Giggs punching his girlfriend in the 1990s? No they don't, they've got the best PR machine in football. Giggs is as odious as John Terry but seems to have gotten away with it.

Reading the report from the Guardian, and came across this. 

Maguire, who was named in England’s squad on Tuesday while the trial was ongoing, allegedly told police, “Do you know who I am? I am very rich, I can give you money,” the court heard as the player went on trial days after being arrested for allegedly assaulting a policeman during a late-night brawl on Mykonos.

The assertion by two police officers who appeared as key witnesses for the prosecution was among a host of unsavoury claims that emerged at a hearing that Maguire’s lawyer, Alexis Anagnostakis, had desperately tried to postpone arguing he had formally received the charge sheet only hours earlier.

If true, what an absolute twat. 

and more - 

The defender was alleged to have attempted to bribe law enforcers after being taken to Mykonos’s police station in the wake of the brawl. As the severity of the incident hit home, the centre-back was described by one of the two police officers as not only resisting arrest but pleading to be released. “Please, let me go. I am very rich. I can pay. I am the leader of Manchester United,” he allegedly said.

Another on-duty officer who had rushed to the scene to break up the fight described how he was pushed so hard by the footballer as he tried to detain him that he fell on his back and had to be injected with painkillers.

:coffee:

• Subscriber

Bringing the club's name into a police scuff alone should see him warming his sofa for a few games I'd imagine. What a dick. 

Edit: The only time this ever works is when you say the following phrase "But I am a police officer too"

Sounds like you can trade your prison sentence for a monetary fine, which, if true, is what’s going to happen here. He’ll probably get a hefty fine from United, not be considered for England for a while and it’ll be forgotten in a year’s time. 

There’s no actual evidence here, though. No police body cams because they don’t have them in Greece. No other witnesses. No footage of anything. It’s the testimonies of three Greek police officers vs some drunk English people and I’m not shocked that the judge has favoured the three police testimonies. 

• The title was changed to Harry Maguire Given Suspended Sentence For Assault & Bribery

Archived