• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lionel Messi - To Leave Barcelona

football forum

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where in the world could he go? 

Don't think he'd go back to Argentina or staying in Spain. I don't see him going to Germany or Italy, which leaves France (PSG?) or England (Manchester City?)

If that's the case, his only real option is Manchester City no? 

This is interesting. Messi had a clause in his contract that allowed him to leave on a free If he communicated the club until May 31st his intention to leave. 

Messi's lawyers are saying that as the season didn't end when it should have ended due to the pandemic, the clause still stands. 

So, in theory, Messi could leave for free. 

I'm not sure how this would be ruled, but at least this threat could force Barcelona to negotiate for a fee well below the 700 million euros release clause.

• Administrator

Only 2 clubs can realistically afford him you'd imagine - PSG and Man City?

His wages are probably far too much for Juve given they already have Ronaldo. 

6 minutes ago, God is Haaland said:

at Napoli :x

Inter would be a great shout, given the rebuild they are currently under. This team could realistically battle with Juve convincingly on all fronts. (just need to sort out the LWB position)

Solid tall and strong back line. 

Two energetic wing backs

Two defensive work horses in midfield. 

Would be a great side. 

Handanovic
Milinkovic -- De Vrij---Bastoni
Hakimi---------------------------------Dimarco
Tonali---Barella
Messi
Martinez---Lukaku

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Him going to some sort of underdog club would be perfect, highly unlikely though.

We need a replacement for Demarai Gray :ph34r:

If he goes to Manchester City, that would just be almost criminal, but I think @Stan is right, only them and PSG can likely afford him. I love the idea of him at Inter, I'm just not sure if they have the money afford him with all the spending done recently. 

Hell, just move to the MLS :ph34r:

• Administrator
Just now, Mpache said:

Go back to Newells. Win over Argentina again. Become the 9th player (iirc) to win the Libertadores and Champions League.

Didn't know there were that many! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UEFA_Champions_League_and_Copa_Libertadores_winning_players

And it's more!

He'd be the 12th.

1 minute ago, Eco said:

If he goes to Manchester City, that would just be almost criminal, but I think @Stan is right, only them and PSG can likely afford him. I love the idea of him at Inter, I'm just not sure if they have the money afford him with all the spending done recently. 

Hell, just move to the MLS :ph34r:

Don't think he likes the idea of playing under Conte

Just now, Stan said:

Didn't know there were that many! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UEFA_Champions_League_and_Copa_Libertadores_winning_players

And it's more!

He'd be the 12th.

Miscounted then :7_sweat_smile:

And yeah it's quite a bit. It would be interesting to see though if they won it before or after their European stint. Neymar and Tevez won it prior. Ronaldinho won it after. It would be easy math but I am a bit lazy haha.

19 minutes ago, Eco said:

Where in the world could he go? 

Don't think he'd go back to Argentina or staying in Spain. I don't see him going to Germany or Italy, which leaves France (PSG?) or England (Manchester City?)

If that's the case, his only real option is Manchester City no? 

It's Messi. In my opinion, every big european club - except Madrid, I guess - should at least explore what they can do make it possible.

It looks like it will be a very ugly divorce. Barcelona are going to sue Messi to maintain the 700 million euros release clause.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived