• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lionel Messi - To Leave Barcelona

football forum

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

I'm pretty sure Messi will already know where he is going next. He wouldnt announce he's leaving Barca at this stage without anywhere to go. 

Unless he only wanted to force Bartomeu out. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

If Bartomeu really has resigned, then it takes 'player power' to another level.

It does. 

However, this was reported by Football Italia - 

Lionel Messi has reportedly told Barcelona that he wants to leave the club during the upcoming transfer market.

Manchester City and Inter are following his situation in Catalonia and TycSport claims the Argentine has already told the Blaugrana he wants to leave the club this year.

Messi has a contract until June 2021, but the reports claims he has a clause in the deal which allows him to unilaterally terminate his contract at Barcelona.

giphy.gif

From Football Espana - 

Lionel Messi has decided to leave Barcelona after the club’s new boss Ronald Koeman told him directly: “The privileges are over.”

That is according to a report in Argentinean outlet Ole and as cited by Diario AS, who say that the Dutchman’s words upset Messi to the point where he decided to leave the club.

It is reported that Koeman told Messi in a direct phone call between the two: “I’m going to be inflexible, you have to think about the team.”

1 minute ago, Asura said:

didnt he say he was a great friend of a fellow south american David Luiz? He always said he wanted to play with him in the same team.

No brainer, he is coming to Arsenal.

Him playing for Brazil with him is more likely 

• Administrator
Just now, Asura said:

didnt he say he was a great friend of a fellow south american David Luiz? He always said he wanted to play with him in the same team.

No brainer, he is coming to Arsenal.

Nope, pretty sure he's delighted at now having the chance to play with his favourite footballer after getting lucky with a picture a few years ago:

messisign.jpg

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Nope, pretty sure he's delighted at now having the chance to play with his favourite footballer after getting lucky with a picture a few years ago:

messisign.jpg

Messi has always been very kind to the disabled

Just now, Spike said:

Awful team, Lautaro and Messi would get in eachother's way. Same issue with Tevez, Aguero, Griezmann. Besides Conte is leaving.

He and the club agreed he'd stay for another season. 

Messi seems to have great chemistry with Laurtaro on the national team. 

Just now, Cicero said:

He and the club agreed he'd stay for another season. 

Messi seems to have great chemistry with Laurtaro on the national team. 

Yeah but do they play with another striker? I can't comment on Argentina at all, I just know Messi has had chemistry issues with forwards that start attacks deep in the past.

Just now, Spike said:

Yeah but do they play with another striker? I can't comment on Argentina at all, I just know Messi has had chemistry issues with forwards that start attacks deep in the past.

Yeah their best spell in the Copa American in 2018 came when it was Aguero +Lautaro up top with Messi supporting them. 

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived