• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lionel Messi - To Leave Barcelona

football forum

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Well the fact you cant even spell Cheshire shows how much you know about the place xD  ..one of the nicest parts of England to live!!

It’s awful, full of noveaux rich types with too much makeup on, men and women. If you’re going to go to the the countryside go North Yorkshire or Home Counties.

3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

It’s awful, full of noveaux rich types with too much makeup on, men and women. If you’re going to go to the the countryside go North Yorkshire or Home Counties.

York is really nice and Cornwall, some of the Lake district is not bad too  ..but it's Messi dream to holiday at Blackpool and Manchester is closer 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

York is really nice and Cornwall, some of the Lake district is not bad too  ..but it's Messi dream to holiday at Blackpool and Manchester is closer 

Cornwell is the Bees Knees for me beach wise, Penzance, St.Ives, St.Just etc, they are the best beaches I have seen since arriving back from Australia years ago, not golden sands like Aussie land but nice, went on holiday when on leave in the army with my buddy, I was single then so it was swimming, boozing and plenty of birds (female type), the only other beach that comes closest to them beaches mentioned was here in Scotland and the Isle of Bute. 

For me, its City, Inter or Newell's Old Boys. They are the only 3 I could actually picture him at.

I know there is a lot of City hate on here but I'd be happy to see him there. He would fit into that system beautifully and can you imagine the interchange between him, De Bruyne, Sterling, Foden etc. Would be brilliant to watch.

It may transpire that Bielsa goes back to Newell's if/when he leaves us and Messi joins him, I'd never rule that situation out.

27 minutes ago, Lucas said:

For me, its City, Inter or Newell's Old Boys. They are the only 3 I could actually picture him at.

I know there is a lot of City hate on here but I'd be happy to see him there. He would fit into that system beautifully and can you imagine the interchange between him, De Bruyne, Sterling, Foden etc. Would be brilliant to watch.

It may transpire that Bielsa goes back to Newell's if/when he leaves us and Messi joins him, I'd never rule that situation out.

The problem with Newells is that there hasn't been any sporting project there since Martino left. So much that Rosario Central has been back on top since. I think if Messi goes back it wouldn't just be to retire. 

I honestly think Messi is like Claudio Pizarro in the sense that he prefers to live in Europe. I am almost sure once he retires he'll go back to living in Barcelona. 

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, Mpache said:

The problem with Newells is that there hasn't been any sporting project there since Martino left. So much that Rosario Central has been back on top since. I think if Messi goes back it wouldn't just be to retire. 

I honestly think Messi is like Claudio Pizarro in the sense that he prefers to live in Europe. I am almost sure once he retires he'll go back to living in Barcelona. 

Messi to Werder it is then.

Heard it here first courtesy of our resident scout :ph34r:

20 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Wouldn't surprise me if this was just some sort of power struggle with Ronald

That's Mother England to you ;)  ..i don't even think about trying to swim back home :ph34r:

Then mother is paedo because she molested half the world.

This is a weird one because I thought i'd never see the day that Messi would want to leave Barca. Manchester City would be the perfect fit for me because of the sytle of play, relationship with Pep and Aguero. That would be perfect destination.

17 minutes ago, Cicero said:

So would that mean Phil Foden, our lord and savior, will become a bench player again? 

He's always been on the fringe of the team but think we will use Messi as a striker (if he leaves Barca) as that is where he is needed most with Aguero's injury record

6 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

That first sentence is so true xD

I don't believe Messi will actually leave Barcelona... Can only think there's a club president election and Messi wants to make sure bartemeu gets replaced, or make clear he doesn't want to play for Koeman, or just wants to create some gossip and sensation to drive Barcelona in their summer recruiting.

City surely the only tempting option, to link up with pep and the 2010 Barca backroom staff, and a style of football that he knows well. 

2 hours ago, Harry said:

I don't believe Messi will actually leave Barcelona...  

It does scream attention whore!! ..lets see how it plays out  ..if Barca want any of our first team players or crazy money they can keep him for another season if he cant leave for free now

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived