talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lionel Messi - To Leave Barcelona

football forum

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There aren't many class young strikers out there, better than Jesus anyway. In fact are there any? I would say Timo Werner, maybe Haaland in the near future.

I don't see a striker with the class of Suarez, Benzema, Lewandoski, etc out of the new generation. Those will be less frequent I think.

What's cool now is to be the Mbappe, Rashford, Martial type of "striker".

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Machado said:

There aren't many class young strikers out there, better than Jesus anyway. In fact are there any? I would say Timo Werner, maybe Haaland in the near future.

I don't see a striker with the class of Suarez, Benzema, Lewandoski, etc out of the new generation. Those will be less frequent I think.

I think that's representative of a shift in football towards the forwards being more mobile, technically proficient and tactically flexible. It reminds of Dutch football in the 70s, not exactly total football but the notion of players pulling opposition players out of position to create space rather than direct football.  

26 minutes ago, Machado said:

Lautaro, but you probably don’t think that because he plays in that “cesspool of a competition” known as the Copa America :dam:

28 minutes ago, Machado said:

And this isn’t really true either. Some players can be late bloomers but I doubt many saw Suarez’ rise at Ajax or Groningen before the 2010 World Cup. It’s too easy to say they arent at this class when they are under 23.

1 minute ago, Machado said:

Jimmies still rustled?

I'm not going to stop by the way. I honestly can't imagine why a smart lad like yourself would say that. Either Euro centric elitism or just desperation to win an argument and put me down. It's just a rubbish and completely incorrect comment.

1 hour ago, Batard said:

I think that's representative of a shift in football towards the forwards being more mobile, technically proficient and tactically flexible. It reminds of Dutch football in the 70s, not exactly total football but the notion of players pulling opposition players out of position to create space rather than direct football.  

The target man certainly seems to be a dying bread.

4 minutes ago, Batard said:

Not sure what Messi leaving Barcelona has to do with Copa America so let's move it along 

I'm having a go at Machado for his frankly elitist and rubbish comments on the Copa America. Maybe he needs to speak the language of saucy love making before I'll consider giving over.

It's all in the Unpopular Opinions thread. I'm frankly baffled by that.

• Administrator
Just now, Mpache said:

I should really.

I won't, because I find it hilarious dumb that he got away with that comment just to win an argument. I'm salty, if that's what you wanted to hear @Machado

Stop going at each other if you want him to stop as well though :what:?

• Administrator
Just now, Mpache said:

I should really.

I won't, because I find it hilarious dumb that he got away with that comment just to win an argument. I'm salty, if that's what you wanted to hear @Machado

Who gives a fuck. No one 'wins' or 'loses' on the internet. Last warning. 

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived