talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lionel Messi - To Leave Barcelona

football forum

• Administrator

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Barca are now devoid of all kinds of quality going forward. Just that it's not as strong when Messi and Suarez aren't going to be there :what:

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Azeem said:

Might be a stupid question but what are chances Messi can succeed anywhere else like he did at Barca ?

Zero. 

He did things at Barca no one can replicate, so it's impossible to expect that level of impact, especially at his age. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Might be a stupid question but what are chances Messi can succeed anywhere else like he did at Barca ?

Depends where he moves. I hope he moves somewhere that's still competitive. It's why a move to Inter makes sense. It's Messi vs Ronaldo but also the best chance (with Inter's squad that's being formed) they can break the Juve domination. Whether Inter make it happen and/or can afford it is of course a totally different matter!

Just now, Cicero said:

Pretty high because Ronaldo was able to. 

You think Messi has a chance to excel somewhere else, at his age, like he did at Barca? 

The only place I could imagine that is if he joined Ronaldo and won the CL with Juve, and maybe if he were to join Manchester CIty/PSG and win the CL a few times. 

He set the bar too high that I just don't imagine he'll be able to replicate that elsewhere like he did in Spain. 

6 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Depends on what you mean by succeed. 2010 Messi would destroy every league, 33 year old Messi is still the most reliable playmaker and chance creator in the world IMO. Don't think he'll have much trouble adapting no matter where he goes.

England would be the most interesting destination for him but not necessarily the most challenging if he goes to Man City for instance. He has played under Guardiola and knows the style.

1 minute ago, Eco said:

You think Messi has a chance to excel somewhere else, at his age, like he did at Barca? 

The only place I could imagine that is if he joined Ronaldo and won the CL with Juve, and maybe if he were to join Manchester CIty/PSG and win the CL a few times. 

He set the bar too high that I just don't imagine he'll be able to replicate that elsewhere like he did in Spain. 

Well what's the actual question? Will Messi win silverware at another club like he has with Barcelona, or will Messi continue being the best player on the planet playing on a club not named Barcelona?

If the latter, without a shadow of a doubt. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Well what's the actual question? Will Messi win silverware at another club like he has with Barcelona, or will Messi continue being the best player on the planet playing on a club not named Barcelona?

If the latter, without a shadow of a doubt. 

Yeah - it's a matter of the question. Can he 'succeed' anywhere near where he did at Barca? 

I just don't think it'll happen. It'll be interested to see how he adapts to his new team. Ronaldo obviously has no issue adopting to the different leagues, but we've never seen Messi do anything like this, so it'll be interesting to find out. 

But I still don't think he'll see anything in terms of success that he had at Barca. 

• Administrator
Just now, Eco said:

Yeah - it's a matter of the question. Can he 'succeed' anywhere near where he did at Barca? 

I just don't think it'll happen. It'll be interested to see how he adapts to his new team. Ronaldo obviously has no issue adopting to the different leagues, but we've never seen Messi do anything like this, so it'll be interesting to find out. 

But I still don't think he'll see anything in terms of success that he had at Barca. 

Due to the longevity he had at Barca I don't see how he can get near the success there. But like @Cicero said - if you're talking about how influential he can be in any side, then yeah no doubt.

1 minute ago, Machado said:

The most hype move would be to make true the wet dream of many football fans around the world and go play alongside Ronaldo.

Now that is fucking nightmare thought

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, AMG said:

I would really like Messi to go to either of

1: China

2: MLS USA

3: Inter 

4: Liverpool

Atlanta will give Barcelona Pity Martinez in exchange for Messi. 

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived