talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lionel Messi - To Leave Barcelona

football forum

So, Marcelo Bechler says that Messi already decided his next club and it's Manchester City. Not only he wants to go to Manchester City, Messi also wants to leave for free, he understands that it´s his right to do so.

Bechler has a really good pulse on everything related to Barcelona. He was one the who first broke the Neymar transfer to PSG and he was the first to break the news that Messi wanted to leave this summer. So, I guess it´s really happening. 

Has to be the biggest sports transfer of all time, right?

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

He's coming to City bud, we trying to get him on a free transfer too  ..De Bruyne feeding Messi :54_hushed: scary!

Tbf we all know the only thing that can get Pep even close to a semi (or beyond) is Messi.

That also applies to Pep’s performances in the CL.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf we all know the only thing that can get Pep even close to a semi (or beyond) is Messi.

That also applies to Pep’s performances in the CL.

Think we would of won it this year if Pep just played our normal team and formation instead of trying to be too clever  ..not sure how Messi is going to do in the Prem at 33 but it's going to be an interesting season if we can crowbar him away from Barca xD

14 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

He's coming to City bud, we trying to get him on a free transfer too  ..De Bruyne feeding Messi :54_hushed: scary!

What could also happen is that City and Barça end up finding an agreement with City sending Gabriel Jesus, Eric Garcia and some cash to Barcelona for Messi.

Koeman is said to be interested in Gabriel Jesus to replace Suárez. 

1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

What could also happen is that City and Barça end up finding an agreement with City sending Gabriel Jesus, Eric Garcia and some cash to Barcelona for Messi.

Koeman is said to be interested in Gabriel Jesus to replace Suárez. 

I hope we keep Jesus, send Aguero instead  ..they can have Garcia but Messi has a clause which expired in June but with Covid it might still be valid  ..we have a great legal team so lets see, we might get him free with Barca getting nothing

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

I hope we keep Jesus, send Aguero instead  ..they can have Garcia but Messi has a clause which expired in June but with Covid it might still be valid  ..we have a great legal team so lets see, we might get him free with Barca getting nothing

I feel like Jesus makes much more sense for Barcelona than Aguero. It seems to me that Koeman wants to build a hard-working team, with forwards that can press other teams and Jesus would really fit the bill. He and Griezmann together would be a real pain for opposing teams in the high press. 

Sure, City legal team is great but a good deal that pleases all sides is better than a long legal fight and I doubt Txiki, Soriano and Pep would like to be viewed as villains in Barcelona. 

Messi has won everything he can at club level. He also has more money than he could spend in 10 lifetimes. If hes allowed to walk away and negotiate for his own contract with any club these are the things I'd be thinking of. 

1. Legacy. Where can I go that will enhance my legacy as a player. Winning the Premier league or Bundesliga, or playing alongside Ronaldo at Juve are the only things that make sense here. 
2. Comfort. Where can I go thats nice to play, nice to live. Not that shitty rainy little Island off the coast of France thats for sure. 
3. My fans. Where would please my fans most. Staying at Uefalona or going back to Argentina are the big plays here
4. Fuck em all. Go play for Madrid, or Espanyol, play for Celtic cos why the fuck not? Move to Roma because you like their kit, play for Ajax cos it would be respectable for all 4 categories. 

For me, it is the ultimate beauty of playing for world renowned Perth Glory, it even has the glory in the name in case you forget. The best part would be confusing all the Aussie boys about how much he loves mate, the boys would make the showers scarce when he enters.

35 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

I feel like Jesus makes much more sense for Barcelona than Aguero. It seems to me that Koeman wants to build a hard-working team, with forwards that can press other teams and Jesus would really fit the bill. He and Griezmann together would be a real pain for opposing teams in the high press. 

Sure, City legal team is great but a good deal that pleases all sides is better than a long legal fight and I doubt Txiki, Soriano and Pep would like to be viewed as villains in Barcelona. 

I would rather we kept Jesus than have Messi for the 2-3 years he has left  ..he only has one year left in his contract too so a straight 100m is fair with no players going to Barca

• Administrator

The guy who originally broke the news that Messi (Marcelo Bichler?) may want to leave has said that Man City is the preferred option for him.  

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

The guy who originally broke the news that Messi (Marcelo Bichler?) may want to leave has said that Man City is the preferred option for him.  

I just can't get me head round someone going from the beautiful climbs of Casteldefels to some tacky Chesire town like Alderley Edge.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

We have been in talks with him for weeks ;)

To be fair to that spoof Pep runs like that when he goes from one end of his technical area to the next so its not that far off what he must be doing now.

47 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I just can't get me head round someone going from the beautiful climbs of Casteldefels to some tacky Chesire town like Alderley Edge.

Well the fact you cant even spell Cheshire shows how much you know about the place xD  ..one of the nicest parts of England to live!!

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived