Ozan Kabak - Leicester City

football forum

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I do think in terms of another centre half this isn't a bad deal on its own, but it doesn't fix the problem of us looking a bit chaotic without Evans. Soyuncu and Fofana never really struck up a great understanding (in limited time admittedly) and I feel like both are better alongside Evans. I'm not sure Kabak fixes that problem, if Evans was to pick up an injury.

Liverpool fans will know more about him than me. Was involved in a calamity goal away to us but can't judge him on one incident.

I always thought he had a mistake in him. Personally not sure he is the answer.

If anything, you'd probably have been better off revisiting Vestergaard if you want someone who won't necessarily be a starter, but will come in when required for others.

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

I always thought he had a mistake in him. Personally not sure he is the answer.

If anything, you'd probably have been better off revisiting Vestergaard if you want someone who won't necessarily be a starter, but will come in when required for others.

He does have mistakes in him - but it's easy to forget how young he is just because of how early he broke out at Schalke and then got linked to clubs all around Europe after his breakout season. But he's 21 in a position where experience matters a lot - so he's due a few mistakes as he's going to literally be learning on the job as he gets more experience by playing in matches.

He certainly has potential and he's certainly got the ability to put in good performances. It is sort of hard to judge him based off how he did on loan with us - he played more than the player we signed permanently (who I don't think even played lol), but he did end up losing his spot in the starting XI to Rhys Williams - who I don't think is that great, so that's not a great sign either. But Nat Phillips and Rhys Williams did spend a lot more time in and around the first team squad than him last season, so that may have played a part in team selections our final run-in where every game was must win.

Imo he was better than Williams, but I rate Phillips higher as a CB than I rate Kabak. But I think Kabak could develop into a much better CB than both of them with time - so maybe a club like Leicester, where he's not necessarily a starter but on the cusp of the starting lineup is a good place for him to develop.

He IS slow as fuck though. Nothing will really change that about his game.

16 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I'm glad tbh. I don't think the lad is totally shit, as I said earlier... but I do think he's probably not the level we'd be hoping for as backup at CB where we've got 2 CBs who are very injury prone (and really, we have no idea how Virgil's durability is going to be... and our new lad doesn't have a great injury record either).

Konate's got question marks over his durability, for sure... but at the same age as Kabak, he seems to be a better fit for us (he looks quick as fuck, as well as huge so he should be good in the air) and I think if we're spending money on a CB we need to be signing players we're confident are better than Nat Phillips... and, personally, I don't think Kabak demonstrated he is better - even though he's demonstrated he's got potential to develop into a decent CB.

I imagine our interest in Kabak died once it was confirmed we'd signed Konate.

Archived