talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gianluigi Donnarumma - Chelsea Interested

football forum

Just now, Mpache said:

I've watched him at Millonarios, Venezuela, the U20's Sudamericano, the U20 World Cup and in the Copa Sudamericana. I think I know what I'm talking about.

Calm down....didn't say you didn't, just wondering where you had watched him. xD

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I watch football from all South America. Except Bolivia cos their games are bloody impossible to find!

I don't doubt it, but as much as your accuse others of having a euro-centric view, you certainly have a south american-centric view. 

You could be right, but I do find it hard to believe if he is so good but only playing for Lens now...a very poor French club instead of one of the biggest teams that need a GK. 

35 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I like Donnaruma but I recall saying De Gea wasn't good when he was 21 cos of the amount of mistakes he made and just made acrobatic saves from time to time to make people think he was good.

De Gea in the long term suffered and never got a grip to it, so I hope Donnaruma does evolve unlike the Spaniard. 

He's definitely not as good as Wuilker Fariñez though.

Fariñez is good, but he´s short, right? 

Nowhere near Gigi, in my opinion. But that´s not a knock on him, as Donnarumma is one of the best in the world.

3 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Fariñez is good, but he´s short, right? 

Nowhere near Gigi, in my opinion. But that´s not a knock on him, as Donnarumma is one of the best in the world.

What I’ve always said about Fariñez is that his height issue is erased as soon as he’s on a football pitch. He can leap quite high and you know this!

Gigi has stagnated in my opinion, and I think it’s easier to say this because he’s European and obviously starts in Europe. Fariñez has already accomplished a lot in his young career like a U20 World Cup final and nailed that GK spot for Venezuela which is rare for a young South American keeper.

3 minutes ago, Mpache said:

What I’ve always said about Fariñez is that his height issue is erased as soon as he’s on a football pitch. He can leap quite high and you know this!

Gigi has stagnated in my opinion, and I think it’s easier to say this because he’s European and obviously starts in Europe. Fariñez has already accomplished a lot in his young career like a U20 World Cup final and nailed that GK spot for Venezuela which is rare for a young South American keeper.

I hope he proves me wrong, but I don't think you can be a world-class goalkeeper in 2020 with that height. 

I'll be rooting for his success in France though.

Goalkeeping is the hardest position to not just judge but be partial towards. A goalie could be elite for twenty-five saves and then make a mistake leading to a goal, nobody remembers the saves just the mistake. A striker can make fifty mistakes and have less criticism than a goalie that makes one.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Goalkeeping is the hardest position to not just judge but be partial towards. A goalie could be elite for twenty-five saves and then make a mistake leading to a goal, nobody remembers the saves just the mistake. A striker can make fifty mistakes and have less criticism than a goalie that makes one.

This sums up Robert Green. I thought he was actually a pretty good keeper but he's only remembered for that blunder in the 2010 World Cup.

4 minutes ago, Mpache said:

This sums up Robert Green. I thought he was actually a pretty good keeper but he's only remembered for that blunder in the 2010 World Cup.

Goalies also live on hot streaks, I think more managers need to be ballsy and drop them when they are flat.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Not if you know English football. 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Spike said:

This is true though in general. Goalkeepers are scrutinised way more than any other position on the pitch. 

Punch from a corner? Should have caught it. 

Saved it but didn't punch it out far enough? Not good enough. 

Saved with your feet and prevented a goal? Not good enough. 

And of course your example of save as many as you want but let in one? Not good enough (even if you win). 

Pass accuracy not 100%? Not good enough. 

• 1 month later...
  • The topic was locked

Archived