talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sadio Mane - Wants Barcelona Move?

Sadio Mane 'open to Barcelona move' and reunion with Ronald Koeman as forward 'thinks his role at Liverpool prevents him from picking up individual honours'

Sadio Mane is open to a move to Barcelona after becoming frustrated with his role at Liverpool, according to reports in Spain.

The Senegal international has become a fundamental figure at Anfield having helped the club win the Premier League and Champions League in the last two seasons by forming a devastating front three with Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino.

However, Mundo Deportivo now claim that he is keen on the idea of reuniting with former boss Ronald Koeman at Barcelona as he feels it will boost his chances of winning individual honours.

Koeman and Mane spent two years together at Southampton, where the Dutchman helped mentor the striker who went on to score 25 goals in 75 games before earning his move to Liverpool. 

The report states that Mane accepts he has won the respect of people having won trophies in England, but feels that he is not being given the individual respect he deserves after helping his side to their maiden Premier League title with his 18 league goals last season.

The Spanish outlet also adds that Mane feels that no matter how hard he works or how much commitment he shows, he believes the reward always goes to team-mate Salah or captain Jordan Henderson.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8676403/Mane-open-Barcelona-Liverpool-forward-willing-team-former-boss-Koeman.html

Messi to City ..Mane to Barca, win win 

• The title was changed to Sadio Mane - Wants Barcelona Move?
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, shut up said:

anybody who wants to leave liverpool for barca is an idiot 

Presently maybe. Liverpool are the team of the present certainly and best placed to win honours. But that will change over the next few years. Football is all about cycles.

Barcelona are in a poor state and in need of a rebuild. Sadio Mane joined Liverpool in almost the exact state, when they were not at the very top and building for the next couple seasons.

It's Barcelona. One of the most iconic clubs in the world. There are not many players who turn down Barcelona when they come for you, irrespective of if the team they are at are better placed for titles.

To say you have played for Barcelona for some is a dream. Playing in the Nou Camp where so many legends have come and gone. They could well be back at the very top in a couple seasons and he might fancy a change, especially with Koeman there selling the dream.

I could see him fancying it. And he wouldn't be an idiot for leaving at all if it fulfilled a dream.

Let's be honest, they will be back and they will have their time again.

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Presently maybe. Liverpool are the team of the present certainly and best placed to win honours. But that will change over the next few years.

It can change even quicker than that. Look at Bayern a few months ago. In one season they were two completely different sides.

1 minute ago, Machado said:

It can change even quicker than that. Look at Bayern a few months ago. In one season they were two completely different sides.

Exactly.

I guess the point I'm making is there are not many clubs in the world that could turn his head presently, but Barcelona would be one of them given the prestige they carry in the game historically.

Just now, shut up said:

Barca are about a decade away from being a dominant force in football. they're in a complete mess financially, Madrid not far behind them

xD

That's enough for me. As they say in Dragon's den, I'm out.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

I'd leave Liverpool for Barcelona in a bloody instant. Great weather, beautiful city, Spanish food, no English people, get paid an astronomical wage for no reason, what isn't to love?

1 million English people in Barcelona every year

19 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah that’s what I meant xD

I’d also be inclined to tell Barcelona to fuck off and tell their board to drink as much bleach as possible if they’re selling Messi to City.

They will buy Mane with the money they get from City  ..then you can buy Traore :ph34r:

16 hours ago, Spike said:

I'd leave Liverpool for Barcelona in a bloody instant. Great weather, beautiful city, Spanish food, no English people, get paid an astronomical wage for no reason, what isn't to love?

While you have a point with Barca being 12 times better to live than Liverpool, Spanish food is garbage!!  ..give me an English breakfast, Fish & Chips everyday of the week over that slop they serve in Spain :coffee:

20 hours ago, Spike said:

Yeah but you’ve just been on an English hating kick lately 

23 hours ago, shut up said:

barca can't afford to be splashing any cash. they're about to do a leeds 2003 if they're not careful.

That won't happen. I can tell you that right now. In Spain there is a serious unbalance within the TV deals and big clubs so Barcelona gets most of the money. They'll be back, the giants rarely ever die. They just need to recruit better.

4 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

While you have a point with Barca being 12 times better to live than Liverpool, Spanish food is garbage!!  ..give me an English breakfast, Fish & Chips everyday of the week over that slop they serve in Spain :coffee:

You’ll be on a one way trip to a coronary having a full brekkie and fish and chips everyday!

• The topic was locked

Archived