The better place to talk football.

VfL Wolfsburg - Die Wölfe

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Wolfsburg's Camacho: end of career at 30

but remains with the club

by: KURT HOFMANNpublished on14.09.2020 - 2:58 p.m.

He worked in rehab for almost two years, had countless doctor visits and was operated on five times. None of it helped. Wolfsburg's Ignacio Camacho has to end his professional career at the age of 30.

Fought in vain!

"It was time to make a decision," said the Spanish midfielder when he officially retired from professional football. “Now I'm finishing my stage as a player. But it is also the beginning of a new stage. I am sad, I really tried everything. Was everywhere - in Spain, Austria and Switzerland. But it has to go on. ”The left ankle was too damaged to continue playing football at the highest level. In May of this year, he realized that the ankle was no longer playing. Camacho: "My foot said Basta."

• 3 weeks later...

Official | Wolfsburg sign Ridle Baku for €10 million

Wolfsburg have announced the signing of 22-year-old German youth international Ridle Baku from fellow Bundesliga side Mainz 05 for a reported fee of around €10 million.

“I’m looking forward to the new challenge,” said Baku. “I have everything to thank FSV Mainz 05 for and the club will always have a special place in my heart. However, I felt it was time to take the next step in my development and in Wolfsburg I have the best conditions to do that.”

Baku has signed a five-year contract with Wolfsburg and becomes their third major signing of the summer after the arrivals of Maxence Lacroix (Sochaux) and Bartosz Białek (Zagłębie Lubin).

Archived