The better place to talk football.

Donny Van De Beek - Signs for Man Utd

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Good signing. Can bench Pogba when he starts half arsing it 

This could be an interesting way to keep the pressure on Paul to perform. 

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.a3f0a536b08bf2f43e7765b5533ef67a.png

Tottenham Hotspur failed with last-minute attempt to snatch Donny van de Beek away from Man United

However, despite how quickly this story developed, it perhaps wasn’t as straightforward as United fans may have thought as a recent report from The Mirror claim that Jose Mourinho’s Tottenham Hotspur tried to scupper United’s plans with a last-minute bid to try and snatch van de Beek away from Old Trafford.

It appears that Spurs’ last-ditch efforts have proved to be unsuccessful as van de Beek edges closer to being officially announced as United’s first senior transfer of this summer’s window. (Stretty News) Arrow.png.dc1e1d89af0763a5a6c32bc11d5e1ec9.png

• Administrator
Just now, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.a3f0a536b08bf2f43e7765b5533ef67a.png

Tottenham Hotspur failed with last-minute attempt to snatch Donny van de Beek away from Man United

However, despite how quickly this story developed, it perhaps wasn’t as straightforward as United fans may have thought as a recent report from The Mirror claim that Jose Mourinho’s Tottenham Hotspur tried to scupper United’s plans with a last-minute bid to try and snatch van de Beek away from Old Trafford.

It appears that Spurs’ last-ditch efforts have proved to be unsuccessful as van de Beek edges closer to being officially announced as United’s first senior transfer of this summer’s window. (Stretty News) Arrow.png.dc1e1d89af0763a5a6c32bc11d5e1ec9.png

He was never going to Spurs. I'm actually surprised he didn't move to Real, as seemed likely 12 months ago

• Administrator
1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

Hope so but it wouldn't bother me and a lot of other United supporters if Pogba left.

He's a difference maker when he's up for it though. 

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Batard said:

They really need to shore up that defence rather than add even more goals.

I would go with that one, quite surprised Ole went for another m/f when I read the news last night, but see how it goes, the lad sounds tasty and I have just read Real were showing interest in the young lad as you said. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11973700/donny-van-de-beek-why-do-manchester-united-want-to-sign-the-ajax-midfielder

Van de Beek was close to joining Real Madrid prior to the coronavirus pandemic but he did not complete a medical or sign an agreement with the club.

skysports-donny-van-de-beek_4981068.png?

Cracking little player. Where is he going to play though?

Fernandes will stay as a 10 surely so assuming Pogba stays and is fit, will Van De Beek be played as a defensive midfielder?

Surely you'd be taking away his qualities pulling him too far back. He always seemed to me to be great getting forward hence his impressive goals and assists record.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Lucas said:

Cracking little player. Where is he going to play though?

Fernandes will stay as a 10 surely so assuming Pogba stays and is fit, will Van De Beek be played as a defensive midfielder?

Surely you'd be taking away his qualities pulling him too far back. He always seemed to me to be great getting forward hence his impressive goals and assists record.

I guess it's to play when Pogba can't be arsed or is injured. But it also future-proofs them for when/if Pogba leaves. Or, forgetting anything Pogba-related, there's bound to be some rotation given the congested schedule. 

• The title was changed to Donny Van De Beek - Signs for Man Utd

Archived