talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Should e-Sports Be At The Olympics

football forum

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I play Magic the Gathering at a competitive level, I watch the pro tour religiously and online streams occasionally most of the steams are players playing the online version of the game.

And as a huge fan I can safely say it would be a farce, if magic, or an online game like league of legends, or whatever the fuck was made an Olympic 'sport'. No one I know would want it anyway.

No. Don't get me wrong there's good money to be made from e-sports and it's not as simple as just playing the PlayStation, but it's the fucking Olympics.

Same as Equestrian, the Horse does the work regardless of how hard it is to make it do it.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Tanksie said:

I play Magic the Gathering at a competitive level, I watch the pro tour religiously and online streams occasionally most of the steams are players playing the online version of the game.

And as a huge fan I can safely say it would be a farce, if magic, or an online game like league of legends, or whatever the fuck was made an Olympic 'sport'. No one I know would want it anyway.

Horee shit. what formats and decks do you play? the last standard pro tour was awesome. 

E Sports has blown up in the last handful of years, along with streaming via twitch tv and whatnot. But Olympics is a far far stretch and really this shouldnt be anywhere near it. I've been to a League of Legends event recently here and it was a blast, nearly 10k people in a sold out venue for 5 hours but its not a sport. Its not a sport in the fact the Poker isnt either, as Tanksie brings up MTG as well, these things are their own entity and take skill and endurance and mental strength but i draw the line at the physical element for what you call a sport. 

8 hours ago, Tanksie said:

You fucking nerd!

8 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Horee shit. what formats and decks do you play? the last standard pro tour was awesome. 

E Sports has blown up in the last handful of years, along with streaming via twitch tv and whatnot. But Olympics is a far far stretch and really this shouldnt be anywhere near it. I've been to a League of Legends event recently here and it was a blast, nearly 10k people in a sold out venue for 5 hours but its not a sport. Its not a sport in the fact the Poker isnt either, as Tanksie brings up MTG as well, these things are their own entity and take skill and endurance and mental strength but i draw the line at the physical element for what you call a sport. 

As soon as cat got banned (fuck I hated that deck, though I never lost to it) I bought a playset of Marvels for $4 each. Been wrecking with that for a while, even won a Star city sponsored event in Sydney with it on Monday. But for game day today I am running Grixis zombies. Love me some fucking prized amalgam.

I play Standard, Modern and Australian 7pt highlander.

• Subscriber
On 5/19/2017 at 4:39 PM, Tanksie said:

As soon as cat got banned (fuck I hated that deck, though I never lost to it) I bought a playset of Marvels for $4 each. Been wrecking with that for a while, even won a Star city sponsored event in Sydney with it on Monday. But for game day today I am running Grixis zombies. Love me some fucking prized amalgam.

I play Standard, Modern and Australian 7pt highlander.

Not sure what the highlander is. Cat was fucking cancer man, i mean i played Spirits in standard for a long while and it was pretty decent against it but it was so supressive. Yeah i think Marvel is best positioned right now it still seems kind of stupid a spin a dice flip a coin and possibly win turn 4, you play temur i take it? i mean if you want to win you gotta play the best though thats good shit. I finished third on my gameday thats my claim to fame lol, ive been running a sultai control/delirium deck its a ton of fun to play. My brother has been playing a blue red emerge/control deck with amalgams and stichwings.

What all do you play in modern? i just have a hard time finding modern events or even fnm's around my area i only know of one. Probably my best and longest held deck is modern merfolk.

8 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Not sure what the highlander is. Cat was fucking cancer man, i mean i played Spirits in standard for a long while and it was pretty decent against it but it was so supressive. Yeah i think Marvel is best positioned right now it still seems kind of stupid a spin a dice flip a coin and possibly win turn 4, you play temur i take it? i mean if you want to win you gotta play the best though thats good shit. I finished third on my gameday thats my claim to fame lol, ive been running a sultai control/delirium deck its a ton of fun to play. My brother has been playing a blue red emerge/control deck with amalgams and stichwings.

What all do you play in modern? i just have a hard time finding modern events or even fnm's around my area i only know of one. Probably my best and longest held deck is modern merfolk.

I play burn, but I am building R/G madcap moon, luckily my store runs a Tuesday night modern event. My standard deck is Temur. I came second this gameday, intentionally lost the last round so I could win the better playmat lol. I built the same emerge deck as your brother, only I was grixis. Tell him to try it out, add some cut/ribbons and some scrapheap scroungers to the deck.

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Tanksie said:

I play burn, but I am building R/G madcap moon, luckily my store runs a Tuesday night modern event. My standard deck is Temur. I came second this gameday, intentionally lost the last round so I could win the better playmat lol. I built the same emerge deck as your brother, only I was grixis. Tell him to try it out, add some cut/ribbons and some scrapheap scroungers to the deck.

I wish a store ran tuesday ffs i want to do both but i have to choose which to do. I play hockey fridays durring the winter so part of spring and summer are the only times i get to do fnm. The guys did that at mine as well, this gameday mat was kind of shitty...the store i went to actually forgot to put in the order for the sanctioned gameday shit (she was on vacation) so they where generous with prizes i think top 8 all got 4 packs of akh and top 2 both got a choice of two mats and a pack each of dragon shields and i think 6 packs each.

Thats a really good idea on the grixis actually now that i think about it, cut to ribbons is great and the scroungers just give you another reoccuring threat to match, il mention it to him. If you watch SBMTG on youtube at all his list was very similar to the deck he did awhile back. 

Archived