talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

6 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Some random reporter handed Conte a United shirt with Antonio Conte #1 on the back signed as a present from Mourinho. Think Antonio might actually kill him next week.

Did you watch it? So fucking awkward and a complete waste of time. 

5 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Fucking tough run we have coming up, wouldn't be a surprise to see us miss out on the top four to be honest.

Not looking forward to it to be honest.. Can't see us doing that well in a few of those games, Our form has been so up and down I wouldn't like to call it.. Think Barca are going to turn us over across the 2 legs so wouldn't be shocked if we go out at the first attempt and we have 2 tough games with the Manchester clubs both of them away so cant see us getting much there either... You never know though, they might surprise us

It's just three games, two out of them in the league. Heavy run but not as bad a s people suggest and we will have time to prepare for all of them.

Hull tonight - we have four days to get ready for Barcelona

Barcelona on Tuesday - we have almost 5 days to get ready for United away

United on Sunday - Complete 7 days until the next Manchester game.

City on Sunday - Palace on Saturday 6 days

Palace on Saturday - Barcelona on Wednesday.

Tough run but if we don't have any serious injuries we should cope, less than two games a week top pro's should be able to manage.

I was looking even further ahead as well but only had a quick look.

Conte has confirmed Bakayoko is out of the Barcelona game which would mean Kante, Drinkwater and Cesc in midfield? Would have liked to have seen Conte use Luiz in that position a bit more who has proved over the years he has a big performance in him in the big games but lack of playing time may suggest he's not ready. Conte won't use him there anyway.

The starting eleven is going to be interesting on Tuesday, think Giroud will start given the change last night.

I wouldn't rule out that possibility. Luiz against Atletico in 2014 was one of his best ever performances under us. Reasons Messi has yet to score against us was always having two men everywhere he went. (Lampard+Ballack/Essien/Ramires) 

Cahill starts, the tie is already over. I'd even throw Emerson ahead of Alonso. 

Giroud----Hazard

Willian

Emerson--------------Luiz----Kante--------------Moses

Rudiger---Christensen----Azpilicueta

Courtois 

Edited by Cicero

I can think of many great performances Luiz has had for us in the big games, be it in defence or midfield and the extent of the criticism he's had over the years hasn't been fair.

Conte won't play him there though and if it was us in charge I'd have preferred it if he had some more games under his belt going into the fixture. Same for Emerson, I'd pick Alonso for that reason.

Interesting to see what Conte does, one of the rarer cases where it's difficult to predict his starting eleven and formation. Going into it with Drinkwater in midfield doesn't exactly fill me with hope, sorry lads. @Stan @Dan If he plays let's hope he proves me wrong, same with a good few of our players to be honest.

Edited by carefreeluke

Not sure should we play 3-5-2 which is very defensive on Tuesday or go 3-4-3 and try to play attacking football. 

I'd go with

-------------------------------------------Courtois----------------------------------------

Azpilicueta----------------------Christensen--------------------------Rudiger

Zappacosta------Drinkwater----Fabregas----Kante-----------Alonso

-----------------------------------------Hazard---------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------Giroud----------------------------------------------

or attack and:

-------------------------------------------Courtois----------------------------------------

Azpilicueta----------------------Christensen--------------------------Rudiger

Moses----------------------Fabregas----Kante-------------------------Alonso

------------------Hazard----------------------------------Willian-----------------------

-------------------------------------Giroud/Morata----------------------------------------------

I am surprised he is still breathing & one cant be sure of how much truth to be given to his words as the `quotes come from Marca, but I can hand pick 5 or so games in my time which were fixed and this gentleman performance would be in that top 5 with ease. You cant have as poor a game without being influenced off the park.

Now he admits his poor game full of mistakes.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5405553/Infamous-referee-admits-mistakes-cost-Chelsea-2009.html