talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

4 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

He is doing very well and club captain, not sure what he is going to do in his career though as he is 25 years old and still on loan.

I like him. I hope he moves onto a club that appreciates him. Maybe in Italy or Spain?

37 minutes ago, Spike said:

@Bluewolf who'd you like during the 80s? Funny times for an outsider to look at, worst times of the club's life but created a host of icons.

29 minutes ago, HK85 said:

If he says anything other than Kerry Dixon he's a liar. 

23 minutes ago, Spike said:

Could be ol' Pat Nevin.

Dixon, Speedie and Nevin of course who was our then equivalent of Eden Hazard... He used to have some silky skills on the ball he did... The 80's were not the worst times but it had it's ups and downs... In the early 80's we were in the old Second Division and we were up and down like a yoyo at times however we did go on to win the Second Division in 83/84 went up then 4 seasons later got relegated when they had that stupid play off system in operation rather than the straight 3 up 3 down rule.. That was a massive low point for me personally.. But we did bounce back in style winning it again in 88/89.. 

Funny how that season started as we had drawn 2 or 3 and lost 3 odd of our opening 6 games if I remember correctly and it looked like it was going to be another shit season then we went on this amazing streak of not losing for something like 20 odd games and smashed it... We ended up beating City by a country mile who were at the time the favourites to win the league.. We did win the Full Members Cup twice in that time as well.. The City game was a cracker! 

• Upvote 2

On 3/16/2018 at 15:48, Dr. Gonzo said:

Well I guess just True Blue saying he's not consistent enough to be the team star or something along those lines.

Kinda been saying it for a long time mate, actually i think it is only me from the Chelsea fans.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I guess I must have missed that.

Don't think he is a shit player, but hardly ever carries the team. Even in the two titles win he was important but not key. Get annoyed when people compare him to Messi and Ronaldo in my opinion not anywhere near that level and he is already 27 years old. Also he plays like he wants out.

1 minute ago, True Blue said:

Don't think he is a shit player, but hardly ever carries the team. Even in the two titles win he was important but not key. Get annoyed when people compare him to Messi and Ronaldo in my opinion not anywhere near that level and he is already 27 years old. Also he plays like he wants out.

I'd agree with all of that. I think he's a good player, but I think some of the praise is just over the top a bit. But I don't get annoyed when people compare him to Messi or Ronaldo because that's just funny.

This season he's definitely played like he wants out.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'd agree with all of that. I think he's a good player, but I think some of the praise is just over the top a bit. But I don't get annoyed when people compare him to Messi or Ronaldo because that's just funny.

This season he's definitely played like he wants out.

He has some flashy moves no doubt, and he is a very popular player among our fans. Mostly gets all the praise, when he scores he is bigger than the return of the Christ. I don't hate him but the season when we ended 10th, he subbed himself for about three times in the season. If he is keen to move on don't hold him back, unhappy players don't give you a lot. He is also on 220k that could be used on a player that actually wants to be here. 

13 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Reckon you may the only Chelsea fan that feels that way mate. 

Bar this season due to Willian's bizarre run of consistency, Hazard has always been the only creative influencer in our attack. 2015, he was the only consistent performer the entire season. 2017 the same thing. 

2016 and now 2018, Hazard hasn't been up to par. And in 2016 and now this season, we had/have a manager performing conservative and cowardly tactics that don't get the best out of his attackers. (That City game was grotesq and unforgiveable) 

When the manager want's attacking football, Hazard tends to shine. And when Hazard shines, it leads to silverware. 

Hazard can leave if he want's to with no hard feelings, and I have no doubt in my mind whereever he goes, he will perform better. I just pray the next manager that comes in has balls. Getting so sick of conservative football. 

Edited by Cicero

Really hope Courtois is dropped the rest of the season. Cabellero has always rose to the occasion and I am sure at this moment in time our back line feel more comfortable with him there rather than Courtois. 

Love it. Absolutely love it how right after Coutois gets dicked by Messi, he now says Chelsea is where he wants to be. Like we are going to ignore the Madrid talks. If anything, just goes to show that Real have lost their interest after that embarrasing display from him. 

He is gonna stay unfortunately as we can't afford to sell him and try to find a new young keeper as there aren't as many that are good. Madrid could obviously see he won't be an improvement on Navas. Next up Spurs at the Bridge, we have to take every next league game as a cup final if we are to be in the Champions League. Then again maybe if we get Europa League the board will realize once and for all that after a title win you need to improve the team and not weakened it. 

Just reading that Ray Wilkins has been taken ill and is in an induced coma after having a heart attack and falling and hitting his head... He has been unwell for some time... Hope he makes a recovery but it does not look good for him at the moment.. 

Wilkins' wife Jackie:- 'He's in hospital, he's had a cardiac arrest and is in intensive care.

'He is not in a good state at all, I'm afraid. He's critically ill.

'The cardiac arrest led to a fall which has meant he's had to be put in an induced coma. It's very, very bad. It's a very difficult time for the family. He's going to have a further scan on Tuesday.

'We hope to have an update then. It's been a very difficult time for us.'

Sad day with Ray passing ~ Wonderful product of a time when we had no other way than to use the players we produced ourselves, Ray was as Blue as they come.

Excellent on the ball with a good engine he once said he cried on the day he was told he had to leave us because the club needed the money.

The outpouring of people touching on the class of the man as a person bodes well. He truly was a gentleman.