talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

Well that game against Leicester proves we are just not clinical enough. Fair to say we deserved at least a draw but you have to score goals to get points. In the first half we did okay and should have scored, in the second Leicester were better for the majority of the half and we again failed to score at the death. Overall it wasn't a very bad game but we had Kovačić, Jorginho and Kante starting is a very defensive option. Plus we lack a good striker big time, it is just showing as time passes by. We won't be able to replicate the three wingers formation from Napoli that Sarri wants. Now we have two tricky away games on a bounce and i am not confident at all.

Edited by True Blue

This is a cut n paste of my post elsewhere. If this fact pains you, dont fucking read it. I dont have time to tap out 2 posts.

As ever I went to the home game at the weekend.

Over the years I have been a member financial contributor and helped run our Chelsea board, at times I have been accused of being far too negative about some of our performances and having favorites, both players n managers. I tell it as I see it. Unlike some, I stated from the announcement I felt this bloke was a fucking idiot and completely wrong for our football club. Saturday was ANOTHER proof I am right.

Ok, we all saw how poor we was and I think it important we again take quotes from his presser after the game. The following were taken from a twitter thread of a Chelsea supporting jurno.

Sarri is asked why he threw down his coat. Deadpans: "I was hot." (Yeah, 40.000 of us were fucked off too)

Sarri says his side played 'not as a team, but as 11 different players'. "We could have done better in the reaction." (Whats the use, we have already learnt you cant change for the better. You are not Conti Jose Robbie and most definitely Gus)

Sarri says his side were suffering from 'mental confusion'. (I’m not and nor are more n more Chelsea faithful…we have you sussed, and worse, so has every other PL Manager)

Sarri says he does not know why this happened. "If I knew, I would solve the problem before this match. It is difficult to understand." (God help us, we have a manager who does not know how to fix the problem he has created!)

Sarri says it is important for his team to get back to the pitch and play 'immediately'. Is asked whether Hazard as a false nine worked: "I was very happy at the end of the first half... After the goal, the position of Hazard was not important." (Flabbergasted, need a new paragraph to highlight more of his managerial faults)

Two facts us Chelsea fans can be sure of, the two players who this manager wanted, Jorginho & Kovacic are, for me, the two players we are carrying ever since other teams sussed them out. A good manager would adjust, make a tweak, have something in his make up to enable these players to continue to contribute. Alas he stands by them and we have been carrying them as passengers for months. Anyone remember a game in the last 3 months when both have them have started and finished the game together? Its as thou the manager can see the problem, but wont change his ideas on starting 11. If we get saddled with Kovacic it will be one of the very worst deals our club have EVER done because we would have seen for a season he wasn’t any good, yet still went for him. Neither of them contribute anything exciting to the attacking play, something I flagged up before the season. Jorginho, who gave a lot people erections when they saw how many touches he got in the early games, has since been sussed by having pressure on him quickly when he receives the ball. Pirlo he aint! Anyway, in a nutshell, I do not blame either player, this is down to the idiot on the sideline.

Jorginho is the managers main man. Was said to be the heartbeat of his previous team and the one player he told our club we had to have. Were I sit in the ground I am not close enough to see clearly what others are saying on the manager being in his player ear from early on in games. I am told you could get very drunk if the amount of times the manager shrugs his shoulders with hands open aimed at Jorginho during games, were beers. Some are saying there is friction between the two. I cant comment on that, other than the managers fav player is a passenger holding us back.

JonesBlue HopefullHudson AlisonStyles & BlueHat27, I cant agree with your accusing of Hazard none committal to the club. He asked to leave, Chelsea said no. He said ok and has played his heart out for the club. He is playing in a position he is on record as saying he does not like. He has not moaned, just got on with it. Granted after 20 mins on Saturday, he was going back to the half way line to get the ball of Luiz, but that’s down to how the manager sets the team up. Lets be quite frank, Eden Hazard is the only World Class player we have. He leaves it will be a blow we will take a long time to recover from.

Ok the following have all called for a change in manager before we spend more money on “his” kind of players. MHEnd777 FrankieBoy TheRealFatFrank Captain60 StamfordLion, I hear you guys and I have to say I have not been so worried about the guy in charge of our team since AVB turned up. The truth is its unlikely, even for Chelsea to get rid of this guy before the end of the season. There is no doubt there is tremendous unrest around Stamford Bridge on game days. Players are getting it from the fans, Luiz Alonso Willian often from the start. Dave, who gets his crosses blocked almost all the time (I heard someone compare his crossing to being worse than Vana at the weekend, AGAIN) has a dedicated number of people giving him a hard time. The flipside to all this is there are lots of Chelsea fans who are calling for Reuben Loftus-Cheek to be given his head. As you all know, I don’t think he is a complete player and will only add to our problems in the long run.

For those keen on us introducing our own to the team, far more regular than we have seen in the past. For me, you can only do this is they are good enough, because if they arnt, you do more damage than good to their careers as well as first teams results. I feel sure Conti did not think any of the youngsters were good enough and Sarri does not fuel us with confidence he feels any different. I cant disagree with ChelseaTotty, the youngsters will have Chelsea in their hearts and would give us far more then the players did away to Wolves for instance.

Since Roman came to the club we were able to build a squad which was full of powerful strong players with a few skillful thrown in. It allowed us to become the most winning club for a stretch of time only rivaled by United. While it can be accused of not the most wonderful of football to watch, when you have been starved of winning football as us old timers have, winning something each year is the best antidote we could ever been given for the hurt n pain of the crap years. Now the reason for becoming winners wants (Always has from what we have been told) to have us performing tippy tappy football, the opposite of our football in our brilliant games against Barcelona. Ask Barcelona players who was the toughest team they faced in the naughties,

Messi, "There are players here who hate Chelsea more than Real Madrid," Messi told the News of the World. "I never thought I would hear myself say that. "I also never thought I would see something worse than the Boca and River Plate rivalry or Brazil v Argentina - but this is.

"We would rather play Arsenal, Manchester United or anyone else than be on the pitch with Chelsea."

The so called best ever club side talking about my club being the team they feared.

That was our reputation. A strong powerful team who would out play/battle frustrate n defeat you onto us lifting another Trophy

On Saturday I saw a piss poor team out battle ours by showing more heart n will too win, than we have all season. Where has our strengths gone?

The owner wants a different style and he has taken Sarri to be the architect of the new Chelsea. As much as I don’t agree and think his choice of manager is a mistake, the owner has this right.

I just wish he owner would turn up at the ground n suffer as we all are attending games under his new man. Gonna take a leaf out of the owners book and give Watford a miss Boxing day.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

How can Arsenals conversion rate be over 100%? I guess that includes goals which didn't come from big chances, but you can't have a conversion rate over 100%, they should only be counting the goals scored from big chances if they want a measure of how good a team is at converting big chances.

Idiots. Sorry, maths teacher so I get pretty triggered by poor statistical practice.

• Haha 1

@The Liquidator

There is a reason why the club have bent over backwards to sign Sarri. You  fail in comprehending that. There is quite possibly no way we can continue to function the way we have this past 15 years. Our whole business model has been about immediate success. The Prem now has an abundance of top level managers who are bringing stability into their club. Poch and Spurs. Pep and City. Klopp and Liverpool. Emery and Arsenal. These managers are also being backed financially. That is the biggest difference as to why our business model won't work, as it was only United that could compete with us financially back then. 

There is no way we can continue to sack manager after manager implementing conservative football and different ideas for the sake of winning trophies right away. We can't afford it and we will just find ourselves further away from the pack. Just look at United! And this isn't even taking into account Roman's situation. 

It's funny how just last week after the City victory, Sarri was labeled a genius. Now these same people are wanting him gone. You couldn't make it up. People need to fully understand how complicated Sarri's role is, especially now. He is basically changing the whole playing culture at this club. Sarri deserves a chance to sort out the second paragraph because he has done very well with what he has at his disposal. 

When you are struggling for results in the first season under a manager, the one question you need to ask is "can I see his plan and what he's trying to do?". And the answer with Sarri, is yes. 

Edited by Cicero

20 hours ago, Cicero said:

@The Liquidator

There is a reason why the club have bent over backwards to sign Sarri. You  fail in comprehending that. There is quite possibly no way we can continue to function the way we have this past 15 years. Our whole business model has been about immediate success. The Prem now has an abundance of top level managers who are bringing stability into their club. Poch and Spurs. Pep and City. Klopp and Liverpool. Emery and Arsenal. These managers are also being backed financially. That is the biggest difference as to why our business model won't work, as it was only United that could compete with us financially back then. 

There is no way we can continue to sack manager after manager implementing conservative football and different ideas for the sake of winning trophies right away. We can't afford it and we will just find ourselves further away from the pack. Just look at United! And this isn't even taking into account Roman's situation. 

It's funny how just last week after the City victory, Sarri was labeled a genius. Now these same people are wanting him gone. You couldn't make it up. People need to fully understand how complicated Sarri's role is, especially now. He is basically changing the whole playing culture at this club. Sarri deserves a chance to sort out the second paragraph because he has done very well with what he has at his disposal. 

When you are struggling for results in the first season under a manager, the one question you need to ask is "can I see his plan and what he's trying to do?". And the answer with Sarri, is yes. 

For one i can't blame him for the Leicester defeat, we did enough not to lose at least. We created enough chance in the first to score and in the second after going down we were poor. One thing is that i do mind is a plan B, we have the same plan when we are winning and losing. I love the chances he gave to certain players, sacking him if he fails to get silverware will be a mistake, but Roman will do it without hesitation. 

Often when a starting player is not performing, the reputation and ratings of the player in reserve go up. This is what's happening with Alonso and Emerson.

Emerson has shown some good things when starting, things that Alonso simply doesn't offer. However, at the same time, I can't help but feel when seeing Emerson get the odd opportunity that he doesn't fully make the most of it. I would like to see a bit more passion and energy about him. The thing is he needs to start games that matter, rather than just being used as the player to allow Alonso to get some rest. Put him in with the other regular starters and let him sink or swim. The same goes for Zappacosta. At least, he'll give things a go in attack and he plays with some balls. Dave as much as I've loved him over the years looks very awkward on the ball particularly under pressure in the attacking third. 

Both Emerson and Zappacosta cost us around 40 million pounds. Give them a go. At the minute, they'll only end up leaving due to lack of game time. And next time Chelsea, don't spend so much money on reserves.

Edited by carefreeluke

Agreed i think Emerson should be pushed since Alonso even with the odd goal is not good enough, he is shocking at the back. Zappacosta is good going forward, but overall Azpilicueta is light years ahead of him even tough he provides very little going forward. Saying all this they both should play more apart from the odd Cup game.

Very slow first half before our opener, and the express reply by Watford which pissed me off badly. In the second we were meh before the penalty. After that we were okay at the back but even tough we won, the false nine formation has no hold up play what so ever. Think we will have both Giroud and Morata ready for Palace which will be in my opinion a lot harder that the Watford game.

Edited by True Blue

Turned into a very interesting game for me last night. It paid for my Christmas.

Up n down the country Chelsea fans were celebrating when CHO came on in the first half, one of our own getting on before more experienced players.

For me it was time to make some money n finding a price on him to be substituted before the end of the game, which he surly was.

Manager has been defending himself stating a tight ham-string was the reason.

Seems that's not the original story from the player himself to Chelsea Jurno's at the game.

Not much to say on the game other than an open question to all.

Do you think the manager tells the players, when we have the ball out wide, still cross the ball in the air to our invisible Center Forward so the opposition can have the ball back with ease?

Oh as a add on, how interesting was Eden's choice of celebration partner for his first goal??

Edited by The Liquidator
Add-on

Odoi was limping off though. 

And even if he wasn't, lets be real here. As much stick we give Willian, he was dropping back and covering the channels well all game. It would've been mad to take him off when we needed to desperately protect the lead. 

As harsh as it was, pulling Odoi off was the smart decision. 

• Subscriber

Chelsea: Eden Hazard contract situation must be solved - Maurizio Sarri

13 minutes ago | Chelsea

It is "time to decide" the future of Chelsea forward Eden Hazard, says manager Maurizio Sarri.

The 27-year-old Belgium international, who passed 100 goals for the club in Wednesday's 2-1 Premier League win over Watford, said he wanted to become a Chelsea 'legend".

Hazard, whose contract expires in June 2020, has been linked with a summer move to Real Madrid.

Sarri said Chelsea "have to solve this problem".

Asked whether he expects Hazard to remain a Chelsea player in the long term, he said: "I don't know but I think that it's time to decide."

Hazard said in October it was his "dream" to join Spanish side Madrid, although two days later he ruled out a move to the Bernabeu in the January transfer window.

After scoring twice at Vicarage Road, Hazard said: "I want to score more for this club and then try to be a legend like Frank Lampard, Didier Drogba and John Terry."

Italian Sarri said: "I have not the power to do this. I am the coach. I am not the president. I am not in charge of the market.

"I want to speak to him only about the position on the pitch."

Chelsea, who are fourth in the table, travel to Crystal Palace on Sunday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46700312

Watched the game via TV.

On the face of it we must be happy with the 3 points as this fixture has been troublesome for us in the past. My main impression of the game is to be thankful Roy decided to sit back and allow us to have the ball, something the coaches of previous Dec fixtures havent allowed. In being thankful, even with the relaxing time on the ball, we failed to create anything that troubled Palace, so I guess it could be said Roy was right, or as I think, it dont matter how teams set up against us, we are carrying too many passengers which is the main reason we are unable to kill anyone off, something the manager highlights each time we win by one goal.

Giroud very unlucky to be called offside twice, finished off wonderfully well both times. Willian played very well, a real live wire. Hazard found it difficult against such a packed defence. Alonso well below his below average normal level. I am told Jorginho was on the pitch and even thou he had all the time in the world on the ball, he was FUCKING USELESS distributing the ball. So much so, we resulted to Luiz being the player to distribute from the back, which included the assist for the winning goal. The goalscorer is someone I think we should talk about.

I am fairly certain, coming into the new year, the present manager does not rate Kante as a player and would prefer to have him move on elsewhere. I think we have all figured out the managers fav player, a PASSENGER, isnt going to be moved from the central roll of Sarri-ball (whatever that fucking is). So we have the very best holding midfielder in the world playing out of position. Signs a new contract only for the manager to bad mouth him and yesterday when being interviewed and asked how well Kante had done with run n finish, it was like Sarri was have a tooth pulled from him as he stumbled through praising him and even spun it by saying Barkley needs to learn some runs like that too. Flabbergasted, The two useless lumps he has chosen all fucking season BOTH would get nose bleeds if they were seen that far up the pitch. They do nothing to contribute to attacking play n goals and its left to Kante to do EVERYTHING else and that fucking asshole cant praise his effort? One or two here have said its his 2nd language and that may contribute to his poor interviews n pressers after games. I guess that could have a little weight too it, but I think the vast majority of intelligent Chelsea fans are seeing through him. You can be sure the regular Chelsea jurno’s have when you read their coverage of his pressers against how his teams perform and if we are to believe whats coming from the squad as a hole, he is being questioned more than at anytime during his time here. I fully accept as Blue&Wine  Bazilfoolty & WalterDavis say on the whole he is working with a squad mainly built by the two previous managers. Some truth to that, but the two players we know for sure are down to him are the two letting the team down and squad players Luiz n Pedro have had more outings under Sarri than the previous two managers.Anyway, to say he hasn’t got his own players is a poor excuse and underlines what a one trick pony he is as a coach.

I agree with ChelseaTotty StamfordSid UpperDeck47 SocratesBrother 7OaksCFC & BillyNoMatesCFC, of the 6 top clubs, Sarri has been the luckiest so far this season and other than the removed Jose, his team is regressing instead of progressing. There is no doubt in this fact, which is a real shame and I think it has most to do with the manager being sussed (Except by yesterdays Roy) and him not being a good enough coach to have a plan B. Haha, but there are those who say its not his squad!

Reuben Loftus-Cheek injured AGAIN! CHO being sold! Fabregas injured looking the wrong way! Willian calf strain! Christensen said to have told club his desire to leave! & Emerson looking as bad in midfield as he is at left back!

Dont worry, Jorginho is still available!

Happy New Year You Lucky People!

• Upvote 1

@carefreeluke  Yeah I think the Chelsea fan opinion at this little board, other than mine is one of wait n hope the manager gets it, where's I have him sussed n bottled as a nothing. By all means I respect fellow Chelsea fans having their own opinion and I choose carefully who I allow to cross my eyes. My side is growing by the week as he continues to stumble without change after being sussed by other managers. What I would be interested in, by yourself or any other Chelsea fan here, what evidence do you offer that the manager has learnt progressed or has the same strain of football intelligence that our previous two managers had in abundance Since the start of his time with us?

• Subscriber

Callum Hudson-Odoi: Chelsea forward can be one of Europe's best, says Maurizio Sarri

1 January 2019 | Chelsea

Chelsea teenager Callum Hudson-Odoi has the potential to become one of the best players in Europe, according to manager Maurizio Sarri.

The highly-rated 18-year-old winger made his Chelsea debut last January but has only played six times this season.

The Blues have reportedly rejected a £20m offer from Bayern Munich for the England Under-19 international.

"He's a very good player, the potential is for becoming a great player, and now he has to improve," Sarri said.

"He has to improve, I think, in movement without the ball.

"As a winger, he has to improve in the defensive phase, but he has the potential to become a very important player, not only for English football I think but for European football."

Hudson-Odoi, who has come through the Chelsea academy, featured in the Community Shield at the start of the season but has since only played four Europa League games, scoring once, before making his first Premier League appearance of the season as a substitute on Boxing Day.

Sarri admitted it is difficult to balance winning with promoting young talent at Chelsea.

Asked if young players like Hudson-Odoi need to be more patient, the Italian said: "Also the fans sometimes, also the club sometimes, and so I am in the middle. I have to win.

"It's not easy at this level to take the young players from the academy and he's ready to play, not only here, everywhere in Europe."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46732009

Yesterday was a real example of Sarri football, fast paced sexy football. In reality it was again the endless passing and the endless possession which provided us with a single shot on target in the first half and the shot was dangerous as a butterfly. In the second slightly better but we are no threat at all, if the teams defend deep we have no weapons to break them down. No one shots out of the box, we spend most of the time passing the ball between the defenders and the keeper when teams create high pressure. Again i may not be an expert in football, but if someone could explain me the purpose of Jorginho? Can't defend, his stamina is poor apart from the side passes he is basically invisible. He did have one good ball from which Morata scored but was offside. I dislike Cesc but he created more for his time than Jorginho in the past three games. Morata is off in the summer i just don't see how can he stay beyond this summer. This isn't a rant we are top four and active in all competitions, but we were found out and it is so easy to play against us it is shocking. Last three games we won 7 points but we struggled in every game. Also Alonso starting is something i just can't accept. Emerson can at least get a fucking run in, how can he be that much worse? We have Forest next and if the come at us they can easily advance, then Newcastle next for another draw or 1-0 win.