talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

18 hours ago, Cicero said:

Jorginho can't even control a ball now which only leaves me to believe he is fatigued. He has regressed since November and the introduction of Paredes will give this holding midfielder spot healthy competition. 

No mate he is just shit, i love you but we will never ever agree on Jorginho being nothing else but a fraud.

• 2 weeks later...

Good performance last night, we bounced back from our league defeat. Looked much better the possession finally paid off and we converted our chances. It could have easily been more if we converted every serious chance we had. Never should have allowed for this to go onto penalties as we could have easily go out. All in all the better team over the two legs, excited to see Gonzalo on Sunday vs Sheffield Wednesday.

Can anyone really blame him? He's already achieved the greatest sporting accomplishment in history, and now he gets to sit on his arse whilst earning 120K per week. Why would he be in the wrong to turn that down or find someplace else for lesser wages? No way does he leave until the end of his contract. 

Like I said, someone needs to get sacked for this one. 

6 hours ago, Cicero said:

Can anyone really blame him? He's already achieved the greatest sporting accomplishment in history, and now he gets to sit on his arse whilst earning 120K per week. Why would he be in the wrong to turn that down or find someplace else for lesser wages? No way does he leave until the end of his contract. 

Like I said, someone needs to get sacked for this one. 

I blame the club mate.

8 hours ago, Spike said:

Not like he is a bad player either. He is just around a stacked midfield and any minutes he gets would be better for any of the other younger, and more talented players.

He'd rather sit on his arse liking photos of half naked teenagers on Instagram 

2 hours ago, AMG said:

I guess this (6-0 hammering at the Etihad) is what happens when your Captain is a player that doesnt even start for the national team.

The captain doesn’t even start for the club, you goofball. Leadership =/ talent

I've said it before on here but we unintentionally treat our best youth prospects the worst. Hudson-Odoi and Ampadu have spent the season so far making the senior players' coffee. 

Both are playing parts really as the last cover options. Hazard, Willian, Pedro, CHO. CHO's essentially being used as an option in lesser games to give some of senior players in front of him some rest.

Ampadu's squad role is more puzzling. Luiz, Rudiger, Christensen, Cahill, Ampadu. Probably about adequate cover there really. Then, Jorginho, Kovacic, Ampadu, not forgetting we also had Cesc on our books for half a season. Ampadu should be out on loan somewhere, he's wasting his time this season as far as I'm concerned.

With CHO it perhaps makes sense in terms of squad depth for him to be here. His problem is different though in the fact that he should be playing more, he's an intern outperforming some of the company's old boys.

Edited by carefreeluke

Strikers: Keep Gonzalo and bring a high profile striker in the summer, with Giroud moving on.

Wingers: We have Willian and Pedro who can't start anymore. We have Eden who is gone, Odoi who will also be on the exit. Pulišić is the new addition and will probably be a starter. If we don't sell our stars we could use Pulišić, Hazard with Odoi and a new winger as rotation. Pedro and Willian should exit this summer.

Midfield: Keep Kante, Ampadu, Ruben and sell Barkley, Jorginho, Drinkwater with perhaps even keep Kovačić on a permanent deal. We would perhaps need another addition if we keep the named four.

Defense: Keep Rudiger, Luiz for cover, Christensen if he wants to stay, and Cahill is gone. We need to invest in this department as we will be left with little and no cover. From the full backs i'd keep Zappa and Emerson for cover, Azpi as a starter and Alonso to be sold.

Keepers: Kepa as starter, and i'd keep Willy for cover.

Saying this i think we will have 5-6 in and 5-6 out with nothing much changing from this team.

Edited by True Blue

6 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Strikers: Keep Gonzalo and bring a high profile striker in the summer, with Giroud moving on.

Wingers: We have Willian and Pedro who can't start anymore. We Have Eden who is gone, Odoi who will also be on the exit. Pulišić is the new addition and will probably be a starter. If we don't see our stars we could use Pulišić, Hazard with Odoi and a new winger as rotation. Pedro and Willian should exit this summer.

Midfield: Keep Kante, Ampadu, Ruben and sell Barkley, Jorginho, Drinkwater with perhaps even keep Kovačić on a permanent deal. We would perhaps need another addition if we keep the named four.

Defense: Keep Rudiger, Luiz for cover, Christensen if he wants to stay, and Cahill is gone. We need to invest in this department as we will be left with little and no cover. From the full backs i'd keep Zappa and Emerson for cover, Azpi as a starter and Alonso to be sold.

Saying this i think we will have 5-6 in and 5-6 out with nothing much changing from this team.

You want to play with two similar strikers up front or you want a small speedy guy? Which other high profile striker you have in mind?

I don't think Azpi is good enough, need to upgrade him.

2 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Wingers: We have Willian and Pedro who can't start anymore. We Have Eden who is gone, Odoi who will also be on the exit. Pulišić is the new addition and will probably be a starter. If we don't see our stars we could use Pulišić, Hazard with Odoi and a new winger as rotation. Pedro and Willian should exit this summer.

Azpi needs to either be CB or a squad option for RB.

Evident he isn't good enough in this system. 

Obviously won't ever happen, but here's what I would do. 

Sell: Giroud, Willian, Drinkwater, Alonso, Zappacosta, Hazard, Odoi, and Luiz. (8)

Buy: Jovic, Pepe, Pulisic, Lozano, Sarabia, New DM, Ferland Mendy, Wan Bissaka, (8)

Promote: Reece James 

Higuain

Lozano-----------------Pepe

Sarabia----Kante

Jorginho

Mendy----Rudiger----Dave----Bissaka

Kepa

Jovic/Pulisic/Pedro/Ruben/Barkley/New DM/Emerson/Ampadu/Christensen/James/Willy