talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Obviously won't ever happen, but here's what I would do. 

Sell: Giroud, Willian, Drinkwater, Alonso, Zappacosta, Hazard, Odoi, and Luiz. (8)

Buy: Jovic, Pepe, Pulisic, Lozano, Sarabia, New DM, Ferland Mendy, Wan Bissaka, (8)

Promote: Reece James 

Higuain

Lozano-----------------Pepe

Sarabia----Kante

Jorginho

Mendy----Rudiger----Dave----Bissaka

Kepa

Jovic/Pulisic/Pedro/Ruben/Barkley/New DM/Emerson/Ampadu/Christensen/James/Willy

Who's pepe?, and about Christensen, isn't he good enough?

1 minute ago, True Blue said:

No clue mate, perhaps the type of Icardi who is a proven goalscorer. Won't happen tough.

There's already Higuain which is the same kind of striker and literally one of the most high profile and best strikers in the world too. You would want to play Higuain and Icardi together?, don't think that would work. And Icardi's not gonna go there and be a sub, and neither will Higuain for sure.

13 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Who's pepe?, and about Christensen, isn't he good enough?

There's already Higuain which is the same kind of striker and literally one of the most high profile and best strikers in the world too. You would want to play Higuain and Icardi together?, don't think that would work. And Icardi's not gonna go there and be a sub, and neither will Higuain for sure.

Pepe from Lille. Exciting young winger that has pace and end product. 

What we lack at the moment is technical ability and end product. You look at Higuain, Lozano, Sarabia, and Pepe, and all you see is end product from them. Upgrade the fullbacks to fast pace defenders who contribute both going forward and defensively. 

That right there solves two of our biggest issues. 

Jovic is the next big thing atm. I believe Barca are keen to sign him. 

18 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Pepe from Lille. Exciting young winger that has pace and end product. 

What we lack at the moment is technical ability and end product. You look at Higuain, Lozano, Sarabia, and Pepe, and all you see is end product from them. Upgrade the fullbacks to fast pace defenders who contribute both going forward and defensively. 

That right there solves two of our biggest issues. 

Jovic is the next big thing atm. I believe Barca are keen to sign him. 

Yeah i agree with all of that. Thing is Luiz despite being shit at defending is quite good at sending through balls and starting a play so he should be replaced with someone who's better at defending but has that same perk, someone like a younger Bonucci. What do you think of Christensen, cuz i haven't seen him much of him and i don't think Azpi is the answer at CB neither.

Just now, Berserker said:

Yeah i agree with all of that. Thing is Luiz despite being shit at defending is quite good at sending through balls and starting a play so he should be replaced with someone who's better at defending but has that same perk, someone like a younger Bonucci. What do you think of Christensen, cuz i haven't seen him much of him and i don't think Azpi is the answer at CB neither.

Christensen is all right. Wish he had a decent run of games, but he's disappointed when given the opportunity. 

I'd like to see Dave at CB over RB. 

19 hours ago, Cicero said:

Christensen is all right. Wish he had a decent run of games, but he's disappointed when given the opportunity. 

I'd like to see Dave at CB over RB. 

I would also like to see Christensen get a good run of games. Unfortunately it's likely not to happen with Sarri having his preferences.

Rudiger for me is steady but there's something about him that stops him from making those conversations about the best centre backs in the league and in Europe. 

Luiz at his maximum is top level but this season he''s struggled with consistency. 

Edited by carefreeluke

4-3-3 - check

Same eleven always - check

Going a goal down - check

Sarri ball doesn't exist - check

Pedro for Willian - check

Barkley for Mateo - check

10 minutes to go right back for a right back? - check

I wouldn't mind him if he actually tried to change things around. Same fucking boring predictable system that we always play. Not even sure how we didn't crumble much earlier in the season. We will of course defeat Malmo get to the last 16, while getting mauled against City. With our recent performances just hand them the trophy focus our energy on being the team with most possession without doing anything with it. If Roman and the board think that Sarri will lead us to the future than that future is grey. He should have been sacked the moment he conceded 10 in two games, at this level this is unacceptable. With him we have no chance in hell to win the Europa League which is full of teams that will actually want to play football.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Looking at that below are we going to see Sarri as out and Zola in for the time being and just like DiMatteo who won Chelsea the Championships Cup when he was in charge, Zola wins the EFL Cup or even the Europa and Abramovich still gives him the heave-ho for someone else, the mind boggles, I wonder what the odd's are on that happening?

_105695236_che.png

I'd like him to stay, but it's come to a point where if Sarri gets sacked, but Willian, Alonso, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Pedro, Luiz, etc go with him. Then I'll press that button right now. 

Team needs a massive overhaul more than anything. 

Edited by Cicero

Another random point.

We have a few players that play regularly for us that dwell too long on the ball. Hazard is a culprit but you can perhaps excuse him for it as he's our biggest threat. On the other hand, there's a few that play regularly that don't move or use the ball intelligently enough. Willian for example will slow the tempo down by stopping the ball and waiting for the defender to commit. You watch City use the ball and the difference in intelligence in this area is miles ahead. City treat the ball like a hockey puck, we move it like we're in a warm down exercise or something like that. Pep for one wouldn't stand for it, 1-3 touches then move and all the players are committed and know how and when to move the ball. This comes down to the manager but also the quality of players. 

I saw this on Twitter earlier:

Us not being able to create is nothing new really. Give it to Hazard and hope for the best has been our plan for a while now.

As stated, there is no clear vision or identity in the club. This is down to not having a director of football. For years we have operated this way, and we found success mainly because of two very important reasons. 

1. The market wasn't as inflated as it is now. 

2. Our spine kept the team in tact, despite the manager merry go round. 

When the club doesn't believe in having a certain identity or style in how the team should play, it's evident they have no idea in targeting which players that can fit this non-existent system. That said, Gourlay and Kenyon at least knew what they wanted to do to properly structure the club. They identified elite targets and got it done quickly. So it's no coincidence that as soon as they leave, and this Marina lass is appointed, we have seen a drastic change in how we operate in the transfer window. 

Edited by Cicero

@Cicero do you think they should sack sarri? I do admirer in some ways his determination to stick to his guns. Weather right or wrong I don't think managers can be swayed by what the media says. I think they have to do what they think is right