talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

6 hours ago, True Blue said:

Kovačić apart from his energy statistically brings very little. He hasn't score in over two years which is poor for a midfielder.

Meaning I'd like to see him more in that holding midfielder role. He's very technical but with no end product. Mobile and strong defensively. I'd like to see him there alongside Ruben and Kante operating the higher midfield roles. 

Personally apart from Kante, Ruben is our best midfielder. His movement, power and the fact that his movement is very unpredictable could be excellent for us. He also has an eye for goal and adds presence in our midfield. Not sure why he is so low on our pecking order. He should be ahead of both Mateo and Barkley.

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

Personally apart from Kante, Ruben is our best midfielder. His movement, power and the fact that his movement is very unpredictable could be excellent for us. He also has an eye for goal and adds presence in our midfield. Not sure why he is so low on our pecking order. He should be ahead of both Mateo and Barkley.

I agree but he has zero work rate. Best against the smaller teams and better off coming off the bench against top opposition. 

Barkley seems to be the more rounded player of the three, hence why Sarri prefers him. 

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

As I am sure you are aware, the manager does not rate Kante as a football player and I feel sure if given his preference, he would\would have, moved Kante on and use the money for players he deems as quality on the ball. I have not forgotten what the manager said after the club made a huge amount of the new contract Kante signed. He pissed all over Kante and his abilities as a football player and the buzz around the club was before the season the manager told the club which players he felt wouldnt be able to play his way. Batshuayi Bakayoko Moses Zouma Giroud Drinkwater were all on that list along with Kante.

It's important everyone remembers the fuck up's this manager has made over his time at the club, opinions he has made public on both players & club and his inability to change his strategy once he was sussed by the Everton manager at Stamford Bridge allowing everyone to see how much of a weak point his fav player is to our team. Something to this day he continues to weaken us with everytime he picks Jorginho.

I am not against a change of playing style which brought us 10+ major trophies and helped us become one of the most feared teams in Europe (Read what the players of Barcelona's so called footballs best ever club side said about us during that time). I just feel and have done from before the season started we have allowed the wrong person to be in charge of that style change. His weakness has been fully exposed and he has lost all intelligent Chelsea fans backing.

Still, i'll be there Thursday night, as per usual. Sitting suffering n shaking my head. I just wish Roman was sitting in the crowd too!

Why'd he give Kante a role with more responsibilities if he didn't rate him as a footballer? And if he's on the same boat as those you mentioned, why does Kante continue to start every game whilst those players are not even at the club? One of which hasn't played a minute this season?

Edited by Cicero

14 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

As I am sure you are aware, the manager does not rate Kante as a football player and I feel sure if given his preference, he would\would have, moved Kante on and use the money for players he deems as quality on the ball. I have not forgotten what the manager said after the club made a huge amount of the new contract Kante signed. He pissed all over Kante and his abilities as a football player and the buzz around the club was before the season the manager told the club which players he felt wouldnt be able to play his way. Batshuayi Bakayoko Moses Zouma Giroud Drinkwater were all on that list along with Kante.

It's important everyone remembers the fuck up's this manager has made over his time at the club, opinions he has made public on both players & club and his inability to change his strategy once he was sussed by the Everton manager at Stamford Bridge allowing everyone to see how much of a weak point his fav player is to our team. Something to this day he continues to weaken us with everytime he picks Jorginho.

I am not against a change of playing style which brought us 10+ major trophies and helped us become one of the most feared teams in Europe (Read what the players of Barcelona's so called footballs best ever club side said about us during that time). I just feel and have done from before the season started we have allowed the wrong person to be in charge of that style change. His weakness has been fully exposed and he has lost all intelligent Chelsea fans backing.

Still, i'll be there Thursday night, as per usual. Sitting suffering n shaking my head. I just wish Roman was sitting in the crowd too!

You sound deluded.

Enjoyed the game against very weak opposition. Result pretty much makes that obvious. Difficult to pick out anybody from the game, but feel one must highlight David Luiz basically getting on his knees and giving the manager the sweetest of blowjobs before the game continuing with his desperate quest to gain a longer than one year contract. One can only imagine what the other older squad players thought of his Brown nosing!  

Overall a good performance last night, only thing i would notice is that in every game at certain moments of the game we turn off for 15-20 minutes. It was evident in the second half where we allowed Dynamo a lot of movement and freedom. We also failed to convert plenty of our chances and make this game a mauling. Dynamo can be very pleased with this result as it could have been worse for them. Ruben and Odoi combining for a sweet goal made my night, both should get far more time that they are having. Wolves up next if we manage to win that we will be on a high horse. Key players were rested and ready for a tough game as it will surely be.

In recent weeks our pressing has been a lot better. We are choosing more wisely our moments to commit as a team but also we're laying off opponents as well which is helping us defensively.  This is something both Sarri and the players have alluded to recently. Kanté's peformances have improved which has coincided with improvement in his general positioning and his relationship with Jorginho also.

I think Sarri and the team previously were a bit naive in thinking that we could have our foot on the pedal for the full 90 minutes, pressing high and whatever particularly in this league. I think the frenetic nature of this league, the physical side, the pace and general style makes it difficult to maintain certain levels of intensity but also maintain full control of matches particularly when a team has weaknesses in certain areas like ours. These characteristics of the league are what makes it great but also explain why it has a lack of quality at times compared with other top leagues. Anyway, our gung ho approach (if you like) before was difficult for the players to maintain and it would only take a mistimed press (for example) for opponents to find gaps to exploit.

Hopefully the subtle recent adaptations help us maintain the consistency to finish the season very well. It's difficult to tell though with this team, 1-2 games and we could easily be back in a 'crisis'.

Edited by carefreeluke

On 09/03/2019 at 17:59, carefreeluke said:

In recent weeks our pressing has been a lot better. We are choosing more wisely our moments to commit as a team but also we're laying off opponents as well which is helping us defensively.  This is something both Sarri and the players have alluded to recently. Kanté's peformances have improved which has coincided with improvement in his general positioning and his relationship with Jorginho also.

I think Sarri and the team previously were a bit naive in thinking that we could have our foot on the pedal for the full 90 minutes, pressing high and whatever particularly in this league. I think the frenetic nature of this league, the physical side, the pace and general style makes it difficult to maintain certain levels of intensity but also maintain full control of matches particularly when a team has weaknesses in certain areas like ours. These characteristics of the league are what makes it great but also explain why it has a lack of quality at times compared with other top leagues. Anyway, our gung ho approach (if you like) before was difficult for the players to maintain and it would only take a mistimed press (for example) for opponents to find gaps to exploit.

Hopefully the subtle recent adaptations help us maintain the consistency to finish the season very well. It's difficult to tell though with this team, 1-2 games and we could easily be back in a 'crisis'.

Bet you wished you waited until today's thrilling effort was out the way before offering this opinion?

Overall Wolves had one chance scored from it and almost got all three points from it. However it's not like we have been creating chance after chance, but it is evident that when we concede first we either draw or lose. Hardly the bounce back kings, still with a game in hand we are pretty much in the line for the top four finish. Good thing is that we still have our ticket called Europa League to rely on. Taking all into consideration a draw keeps our momentum, now we face back to back away games against Dynamo in which we can field a mixed team and than Everton away which is always a tricky ground for us.

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Still think Sarri playing Kovacic in that LCM role killed the game. Such an important role, yet is given to a player that has less end product than Kepa. 

Yeah i don't understand why he keeps giving Kov chances instead of playing LC who is not only more skilled and bolder going forward but also adds physical presence in the midfield which is lacking.

Edited by Berserker

I'll let Sarri off the hook with Ruben.

Sarri said recently that he isn't ready to play 90 minutes because he's just coming back from injury. Given his troubles in this area perhaps it wouldn't be wise to rush him back and better to ease him into playing again. In saying that there was a period earlier in the season when he wasn't playing Ruben regularly enough. This the manager put down to how the player wasn't ready tactically. However, Ruben began to win over Sarri a bit, with the manager saying publically that he had improved and hinted that he would start more games, then he had that back injury which he has just come back from. If he stays injury free, let's see how the rest of the season pans out.

Edited by carefreeluke

This year the highest rated side we have beaten is Tottenham Hotspur, who are losing to many teams of late.

The rest of the teams we have beaten are pretty much run of the mill teams, most not Premier League level and we have failed to beat at home both Southampton and Wolverhampton.

We are being sent into battle in most games with two of the most uninfluential midfield players in the attacking phase I have seen at the club, plus a midfielder being used in a new way since his world leading holding play.

Other players are not being given the chance from the start to show they would benefit the team far more in an attacking phase and are often brought on when we are behind chasing the game.

I am no fan of Reuben Loftus-Cheek, but it was obvious he should have started on Sunday and the bollocks spoken (yet again) by the manager about fitness was blown out the water with Ruben confirming to two regular Chelsea Jurno's he was fit to start for 90 mins. Granted Ruben is often injured, but his word is different to the manager.

Now we are told its the other players fault Jorginho isnt playing well.

Since Glenn Hoddle, only AVB is worse as a Chelsea manager and our current twat will replace him as the worst if we dont win anything or make CL.

Today we watched the best Chelsea 45 mins of the season........ ~ Yep our manager just said that after the game!

This following quote is taken from a long time Chelsea jurno who was at today's game working.

"Some years ago, only yards away from where I now sit, I saw a man trudge away to be sacked. He had delivered amazing, free-scoring football, winning the double. His crime: finishing second. The degree to which Chelsea's standards and expectations has dropped is incredible."

----------------------------------------------------

After getting something resembling a "Barcelona European helping hand" in the whole Europa draw on Friday, we find ourselves clinging onto that secondary hope for relevant top level midweek football next season. Top level? That description is a fucking joke tagged with our club at the moment.

Sarri ~ Simply the WORST. ~ Thank God for the International break, and that's something I havent said for 20 years.

47 minutes ago, Cicero said:

We sack him we are finished competing for top titles for a while. 

Personally after the City final we were decent in most games. Also the results were okay as well. However he can't score for us, we should have out the game to bed in the first half, in the second a slow start and a individual mistake cost us the game. I noticed that the lads are fired up for the Europa League but not so much for the league. 

6 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Personally after the City final we were decent in most games. Also the results were okay as well. However he can't score for us, we should have out the game to bed in the first half, in the second a slow start and a individual mistake cost us the game. I noticed that the lads are fired up for the Europa League but not so much for the league. 

Have to take the United route and put all our eggs in Europa now. 

We have a decent way to the final (Benfica will be tricky), but like I said a week back, we have a team built for a cup run.