talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

20 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

For me the most important thing to re-surface last night was the rumour that was banding about the ground that the club will have new owner by next season. It's been obvious too all regular home fans that Roman does not attend games this season. We know the Gov removed his permission, but he seemed to have found a way with a different passport. It's now April and still no show.

Who the interested parties are, are currently a mystery, but we can be sure it will be someone with Challenger Deep pockets. Up too 4 different people\groups are said to have made contact with his people? We shall see.

The above might help explain why the manager is still in position.

The word was so strong Weds night the club felt they had to respond! Bruce Buck spoke on Sky re-assuring everyone Roman is still committed to the club, often ringing a few times a day..... Asking about things! Haha

It looked like a rushed interview and very poorly done by Sky who probably couldnt believe they had been let inside the ground on a none fixture night.

It's alleged the Moscow Times wrote Roman has set a 2.5B price on the club (I can't find the piece,  it is difficult to find Russian print). Taken as a ballpark figure its been pointed out that he would never reach that asking price because the ground still needs to be updated with some stating he is at least 1 billion heavy.

Maybe that proves the point, he really does not want to sell?

We shall see. 9_9

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Chelsea have held talks over a £2.6 million deal to bring Luis Campos to the club from Lille.

According to a report from Goal, both Roma and Chelsea are eager to bring in the well-respected sporting director, but it will come at a cost.

Do you have a sporting director now? Who’s been making the transfer decisions lately? Whoever it is, they’re not good at their job 

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Do you have a sporting director now? Who’s been making the transfer decisions lately? Whoever it is, they’re not good at their job 

No. There's no clear indication who scouts the players, but Marina Granovskaia is the one who negotiates the deals. It's been a hot mess. 

A DoF will at least give this club some vision. 

Thank God for Eden eh?

There wasnt much to thrill Chelsea hearts throughout the game. Lack-luster constant break down of moves and shaking of heads when one of ours (Normally Kante last night) inability to retain the balls movement. It was a hard watch and we really are not built to defend 1-0 leads, although it was pointed out to me last night we have let in the least amount of goals at home this season in the PL (If true.)

Special call out to Pedro. Class.

Edited by The Liquidator

@True Blue

I watched the Slavia Sevilla 2nd leg which was a very exciting game. This is because Slavia threw players forward in the 2nd half and over run Sevilla in an excellent atmosphere. For me they are by far the weakest team left in the draw and we should be thankful we got them. Nothing but a away win for us will be par for the fixture.

We shall see

Speaking at a Monaco press conference, Fabregas said: “I was at Chelsea and I could have renewed my contract to stay there. A new coach came and he came with a player that, for him, was like his son.

“For me it was difficult to play every single game – this is what I want to do. I love football. When I played for Chelsea, I’m happy.

“[But] it was impossible to play every match – for whatever reason it was.”

Cesc: FourFourTwo Mag

Fabregas insists that he wanted to play every game and help the club succeed but he knew that he'd have to leave if he were to play first-team football on a regular basis.

He said: 'I like to have new objective. All the time for me it's important to have a new objective in my head.

'I was at Chelsea and I could have renewed my contract and stayed there but a new coach came with a player that for him was like his son.

'For me it was difficult to play every single game and that's what I want to do. I love football. I don't want to just be happy to play for Chelsea.

'For whatever reason it was impossible for me even if I was better, or someone else is better, to play every match.

'I decided to come to a project that was different for me and I think it will give me so much satisfaction.'

Cesc via Daily Mail 13th April 2019

----------------------------

The underlined line maybe in reference the word senior players went too manager too question his selection?

Edited by The Liquidator
Extra update

For what ever reason it was.

Sorry Cesc. You're legs are gone. The image of KDB ghosting past you to score will forever haunt me. 

If you weren't willing to take a back up role than nothing we could've done. 

Edited by Cicero

Perhaps it's looking like the tide is turning that way anyway but Giroud should be starting the majority of games until the end of the season. Higuaín hasn't done enough in the chances he's been given so far and also looks a bit of the pace physically and with his match sharpness.

Edited by carefreeluke

Giroud works better in this system, not sure why Higuain is given chances when he clearly isn't adapted yet. Higuain should start all the games while Gonzalo can come on as an impact sub. However it won't happen, Gonzalo will play all the league game and Giroud will play all the Europa League games. Sarri just doesn't change it is always straight forward. If he gave Odoi, Emerson and Ruben a chance earlier in the season i am certain we would have better results this season.

8 hours ago, True Blue said:

Giroud works better in this system, not sure why Higuain is given chances when he clearly isn't adapted yet. Higuain should start all the games while Gonzalo can come on as an impact sub. However it won't happen, Gonzalo will play all the league game and Giroud will play all the Europa League games. Sarri just doesn't change it is always straight forward. If he gave Odoi, Emerson and Ruben a chance earlier in the season i am certain we would have better results this season.

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

That substitution in a nutshell

Edited by Dr. Gonzo
  • Haha 1

Dire

Chasing the game our manager saw fit to have both Jorginho and Kovacic on the pitch at the end of the game. Neither trouble assist stats or goals often enough to be worth a place at the club, let alone chasing a game.

I have had enough of this season, a season where my club is being ruined and turned into a laughing stock. Burnley are a very weak club, but their name can be added to all the others who have taken points of us this season, most havent had to break sweat or do anything out of the ordinary to out think our manager. He is without any shadow of doubt the worst we have had at the club during the PL years, rivaling Danny Blanchflower as worst in my lifetime.