talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

18 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Yet he is still in contention for the top four and in the semi final of the Europa League. Not saying that you are wrong, however it is interesting isn't it?

Interesting? How so?

For me this isnt about CL qualification. The team is in as worse a state as I can remember. Our best player will be leaving. Our young gun is out for 6 months. The owner cant even get in the fucking country. All 3 of the managers recommendations, Jorginho Kovacic and Higuian are misses, with the later unable to run.

We are still involved in the Europa league because the standard of opposition, up too now have been no better than Championship, Huddersfield level. Arsenal and Man Utd are re-building and Spurs had most of their 1st eleven played latter stages of the WC. We are not re-building, ours is a change in playing style because of manager appointment. If anything we should have qualification sorted by now, instead of being the outsider of the 4 aiming for the last 2 places.

Burnley, their manager players n fans were laughing at us last night... swarming around like Pigs in Shit at the ease they added themselves to the many others who have got a result against us this season. That's who this manager has turned us into. A manager who had his feeling hurt by a member of the Burnley staff calling him repeatedly "a Shit Italian"

Truth Hurts

38 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Arsenal and Man Utd are re-building and Spurs had most of their 1st eleven played latter stages of the WC. We are not re-building, ours is a change in playing style because of manager appointment. If anything we should have qualification sorted by now, instead of being the outsider of the 4 aiming for the last 2 places.

How on earth can you say Arsenal and United are rebuilding, but we aren't? xD

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

How on earth can you say Arsenal and United are rebuilding, but we aren't? xD

Yeah, how on earth are Chelsea not in a transitional season? In any case, even if Chelsea trying to completely change the way they play on the pitch to a more attacking style after over a decade of primarily conservative football was somehow not a rebuild of Chelsea... does it make sense to sack Sarri if the transfer ban is upheld? Maybe if you bring in someone with a track record of pushing young players into the first team, since you won’t have any new signings.

In any case, Chelsea are going to be in transition at very least until they can sign players. But it’ll likely take more than one transfer window to bring in the right players.

If I were a Chelsea fan I’d be obsessed with news re: that appeal and hoping the transfer ban is overturned. That’s far more important for the club’s long term future than whatever happens this season (though obviously you want to do as well as you can).

Sarri’s style at Napoli was great, but that Napoli were better built for attacking football that he inherited at Chelsea. At Chelsea I think it’s a solid group of quality players, but the established creative players there are Hazard (world class), Pedro (used to be world class but looks passed it this season, which pushes more responsibility for creativity to Hazard), and Willian (who isn’t even that creative). I suppose Marcos Alonso too, but he’s not balanced enough as a fullback to do well in a proper Sarri system because while he’s great going forward he’s shit going backward.

So that’s the vast majority of the side’s creativity coming from one world class player, who’s likely about to leave. If the ban’s upheld and Hazard leaves, I think a Sarri or no Sarri, Chelsea are in for a painful season.

• Upvote 1

- Hazard leaving. 

- Squad filled with players not up to standard.

- Transfer ban looming

- Roman can't enter the country

- No Director of Football to give the club to some direction

- CHO out until October

Everything hit us exactly at the same time. Just makes no sense to sack Sarri. 

3 hours ago, True Blue said:

Think it is basically like this, make the UCL he stays or he doesn't and he gets sacked i think.

You are probably right. However us fans refused Rafa & the owner got rid at end of season. Matchday fans are of the same mind on this tosser. He is cheap to get rid of, so even with CL qualification I would say he is as safe as a playing card tower on a windy day.

I hope you agree the team is as weak we have had under Roman, & playing the most garbage football. Remove Eden from the squad & suddenly a good window for Wolves, kinda has the club looking over our shoulder more than going forward.

Again news in Russia that Roman feels resigned to sell up. Could be the biggest story of the summer.

We will see :ay:

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

You are probably right. However us fans refused Rafa & the owner got rid at end of season. Matchday fans are of the same mind on this tosser. He is cheap to get rid of, so even with CL qualification I would say he is as safe as a playing card tower on a windy day.

I hope you agree the team is as weak we have had under Roman, & playing the most garbage football. Remove Eden from the squad & suddenly a good window for Wolves, kinda has the club looking over our shoulder more than going forward.

Again news in Russia that Roman feels resigned to sell up. Could be the biggest story of the summer.

We will see :ay:

Is he? 

Great sources xD

Talksport and The Sun are the same thing, and both linked to SKY. They'll push an agenda to make people bet on things, it's absolutely scandalous that it's allowed.

Not that I don't think Sarri shouldn't go, it's clear he's not going to work at a club like Chelsea.

Edited by The Artful Dodger

He isn't cheap if you factor what it cost to bring him here.

- £8 million to buy him out of his contract at Napoli.

- £9 Million to sack Conte (which is still an issue with Conte taking the club to court)  

- And let's give you the benefit of the doubt that it is £5 million to sack him. 

That is £22 million we spent on him within a year. Totally embarrassing and shows the deep issue in the club's long term thinking.  The club bent over backwards to get him here with the job of changing the playing culture of the club. This wasn't something that is going to happen over night. 

Edited by Cicero

It's Sarri's DeFault?

Luca07071 Bazilfoolty StamfordSid WalterDavis & Lemoncfc, your points on the United game are well made. Thanks for sharing.

The run up to Sundays game had me cringing at the managers almost begging to keep his job next season through the media. He states we will be challenging with two more seasons. I also read this past weekend that a number of Chelsea season ticket holders have already told the club they will not re-new their tickets if Sarri is still the manager. For the first time in seasons Chelsea did not take all their allocated tickets at an away PL fixture, Cardiff and there was enough empty seats to be noticeable against Burnley. Season ticket holders not bothering too turn up. While that has happened in the past at the end of bad seasons, not to the number of Monday night. Those of us who go to games are not happy...... but

The word about the club last summer was this manager was asked to play his brand of football and get CL football for next season. The football is crap, the players are obviously not getting it and the players the manager has recommended to the club have all failed to offer anything near their best football. As we stand with 2 PL games to play, 2 wins (hahaha 2 wins) will see us in the CL. We made the league cup final where the goalkeeper embarrassed the club to a new low level and we are in the semi final of the Thursday cup where we face a progressive young squad who are the first half decent team we have faced all competition.

So there is every chance the manager will fulfill his remit and maybe win secondary silver wear.

My question is, if he takes 4th spot in the league for CL football, have we done so by default? Yesterdays game, which I hope all agree was played at a very low level, for me, highlighted that United have more problems than us. With Arsenal loosing 3 on the bounce, suddenly our 2 draws and a loss in the last 3 games catapults us into 4th!

Our final two games are against the level of sides who have taken points off us all season and I have very little confidence we will beat both.

BunnyWarren OwnGoal101 EpsomDave & ChelseaTotty PM me and I will update your accounts.

I am not sure I can agree with TheRealFatFrank. While its true CHO does give away the ball far too often, he does add something we have been missing. Granted he does look like someone who will get sussed very quickly by opposition, but I am hopeful he will progress given age and a full recovery from injury. Although, Like Reuben Loftus-Cheek, I will never forgive his last window stance and would be happy for both of them too be sold. I worry about Rubens health and feel we should cash him in while we can.

555444555 congrats on your big win mate. Mine's a Stella Plz!!

----------------------------

This morning Italian media are putting it out there that Sarri will return to Italy next season. They say he knows his fate at Chelsea! Blue&Wine, please translate!

Italian Media ~ Bloody Tease!!

We will probably travel to Germany without Rudiger after he injured his knee again. Looked more serious than the last time, i have zero confidence in Christensen who is so shaky on the ball and his pace isn't helping. Personally i'd give Cahill a start however he isn't match fit, hasn't played in six months.

2 hours ago, True Blue said:

We will probably travel to Germany without Rudiger after he injured his knee again. Looked more serious than the last time, i have zero confidence in Christensen who is so shaky on the ball and his pace isn't helping. Personally i'd give Cahill a start however he isn't match fit, hasn't played in six months.

Rudiger injury is an interesting one because we can only guess someone in the medical department gave him the all clear to resume after hurting the knee a couple of weeks ago. For him too break down again so quickly into his return is a black mark against that diagnoses. I am in agreement on Christensen, although he should be used to German opposition. Cahill, Probably looking to work out contract details with his former club Sheffield United (Maybe Villa) now they have found a place in next seasons PL.

What's wrong with Dave of late?

Chelsea doesn't really need that much of an overhaul. Just consistency. Pedro and Willian can leave, replaced by Hudson and Pulisic, Drinkwater and Cahill don't need replacing, buy Kovacic and Higuian, and that is about it. I'd ideally replace Alonso, Zappacosta, and Palmieri, but that is too much in one year for that. It should be a gradual change.

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Chelsea doesn't really need that much of an overhaul. Just consistency. Pedro and Willian can leave, replaced by Hudson and Pulisic, Drinkwater and Cahill don't need replacing, buy Kovacic and Higuian, and that is about it. I'd ideally replace Alonso, Zappacosta, and Palmieri, but that is too much in one year for that. It should be a gradual change.

I beg to differ. Especially if Hazard goes. We've already seen what this team can do when they assume the responsibility when Hazard isn't available. 

CHO and Pulisic still both very raw. Can't expect them to all of a sudden have end product. Pulisic also has a concerning reoccurring muscular injury. 

Can replace Cahill with Tomori. Luiz still a liability however. 

Buying Kovacic would be a waste of resources. 50 million for a backup midfielder who has no recognised position is pointless. 

Higuain looks well out of pace for this league. 

Our full backs aren't fit for this system. Emerson is but still massively weak defensively. 

So yeah. We are genuinely 5 or 6 signings away from competing for the league imo. 

While I am tapping this out I am watching the game again. God we are poor. The opposition are far worse than I expected. Everything I had read built them up to be a progressive team who can produce some nice football. Reality is they had nothing to over worry any decent team. Lucky for them they were facing Chelsea who have a manager who obviously does not care anymore lol.

Ok, on Hazard none starting. Elsewhere rumour is rife Sarri's job is safe ONLY if we qualify for CL through league position.

Hmm.. I dont know. Seems slightly strange, but would explain some of the line ups he has put out this season in the Thursday cup.

If you get a chance, take a look at Hazard sitting on the bench last night. Word is he was very much taken aback by the decision and his body language as well as effort shown once inserted onto the pitch paints a clear indication of his state of mind. The manager says it was a normal decision and no player can play 70 games in a season. Hazard hasnt played any where near the amount of minutes to reach what would equate to 70 full games. It has to be said it was a very strange decision, but, the opposition were not that great, so maybe the manager knew better?

Emerson: Total waste of time. Yes left footed players are normally painfully one footed. Frankfort obviously sussed this by showing him inside from the start of the game and won the ball from him each time he cut inside onto his right foot in our half. Truly pathetic. He is far worse than Alonso and from what I see offer much less going forward. Yes TotalRookie, I understand he too is a wing back and not a natural Left Full back, but he needs to be moved on when I am sure we will not get anywhere near the amount of money we paid for him. Rubbish defender, rubbish player.

Christensen: Got away with it after a shocking tackle where he missed the ball and took out the player with enough force too maybe get a Red. I think position on the pitch saved him. He got through the rest of the game and now has a full season history of Europa games. I still wouldnt trust him as a full time PL starter, but I havent given up hope he comes too fruition in a Chelsea shirt.

Reuben Loftus-Cheek: I admit he offers far more with the ball going forward than he does when needed to defend. I believe his attacking play overshadows the very much weaknesses in his game. I think what impressed me the most last night was how many minutes he managed to play without limping.

Pedro: Haha, ChelseaTotty counting the amount of times he gave the ball away sounds like a very boring job, but I take your total as gospel and agree its a high total for such a experienced player.

Giroud: Waste of space last night. Needs to be allowed to move on along with Higuain.

Willian: Disappointing considering he had his favoured side to start on. To be honest he got very little help from either Emerson or Ruben during the first half

Jorginho: Why?                                                                          

I have to say I have pretty much given up on this season sometime ago, but last night infuriated me so much that I was tempted to switch channels and watch Arsenal, until my wife pointed out to me that, according too me, sometime ago, I had been watching my own club turn into Arsenal.

As usual, she isn’t wrong!

Jorginho was class on Thursday, Ruben as well. Ruben I thought was a bit poor defensively in that he didn't really press with enough intensity off the ball but in general he's made progress defensively this season. I would genuinely go as far as saying Ruben is in our top three performers this season. 

It seems we can take 3rd place with a win against Watford and finish 3rd if we win out the season.

The back end of the season is explaining exactly why the top two are so far clear of the rest.

Ruben top 3 performer for us this season? Everyone is entitled to an opinion, BUT you really should keep that one to yourself :ay: