talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

11 minutes ago, Danny said:

What happens if there’s an Arsenal/Chelsea EL final now one of you is guaranteed top 4? Will you both be given a CL spot?

If we lose the EL final but finish 3rd in the league, we get Pot 2

If either Arsenal/Chelsea win the EL final, they/we will get Pot 1

So considering how I think many Chelsea fans found this season to be quite a downer... how are you feeling about it now, like right now in the present?

CL qualification and I think you've got a good chance of making the Europa League final... and really the only way that Thursday night football bollocks is worth it is if you win that fucking competition. So you've got a chance at that.

And as I said in that other thread, considering all of the optimism and hope around Spurs (granted, they're in a CL semi-final) and with how they've kind of fallen off significantly in their league campaign... while Sarri's taken a lot of flak this season and is now in a position where Chelsea have a decent chance of actually finishing above Spurs and ending the season in 3rd place... does that perspective change any opinions on how you've done at all this season?

Granted, I think you should still be pretty worried about Spurs - their immediate future looks brighter than yours. I do think their CL campaign as affected how they approach the league and how much they care about the league with their lack of depth... and I think now that the new stadium is open, they're likely to actually get reinforcements this summer. Meanwhile your immediate future is still pretty uncertain because you don't even know if the transfer ban will be in place in the summer or not. And I think if there is a transfer ban... regardless of whether this season was better than it may have felt over the course of the season, next season will be tougher will all top 6 rivals strengthening. And if Chelsea can't strengthen, I imagine that'll make more clubs in the top 6 (and around the top 6) smelling blood and wanting to bring in players that maybe Chelsea would have liked to have strengthen their squad out.

But I think all things considered, CL qualification and the EL would be make it a pretty good season overall.

Also I hope you don't sell Zouma to Everton.

54 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

So considering how I think many Chelsea fans found this season to be quite a downer... how are you feeling about it now, like right now in the present?

Interestingly this is how I saw the season going for the top 6 in the seasons predictions thread.. 

1. Liverpool

Going out on a realistic limb here but I think Liverpool have a serious chance of doing something great this season, from what I can see they still have the hunger and desire to follow on from last season and have the will to want to make something happen.. Maybe a cup might need to be sacrificed in order to achieve it but for the greater good and all... 

2. Man City

Still hard to look past City, they are the pace setters and I fully expect the tussle for top spot to be between both them and Liverpool being tight this season, It's always hardest to get back to back titles and think that last seasons bar was so high for them that a repeat of it may be asking a little much so expect a little drop off from them..

3. Arsenal
3. Tottenham

3rd/4th spot will be between Arsenal and Tottenham for me, bit hard to separate them but think they will both be pushing for 3rd, Tottenham like Liverpool still have the desire and Arsenal under their new boss may improve a lot on last season, Arsenal still looking a little weak at the back at times and might prove to be their undoing across the course of the season 

5. Man United

All is not well at United, You get the feeling that Mourinho is already stoking the fires in preparation for a rather uninspiring season.. Everything is screaming mediocre performances ahead.. I am not sure how much longer the fans can trust the process but don't see United taking the league by storm anytime soon.. 

6. Chelsea

Seen enough of us this pre-season to know we are probably going to have a complete repeat of last season.. With only 1 serious transfer in and a shit lot of late arrivals and speculation over some players has kind of left a bit of a bad taste in the mouth.. Throw Sarri in the mix who has come in very late and we have the potential for a very hit and miss season... If, and I use the word carefully, Sarri is able to instill his football style into the side quickly we may see us pushing for 5th but I really don't see us being any better than that currently.. 

Not too shabby I have to say.... B|

For me personally it was always going to be about how much influence Sarri was going to have across the course of the season and in the early stages the team were buzzing and playing some great football, it was a pleasure to watch but as the season rolled on we lost something?? Our final third finishing and our defensive lapses have cost us dear this season and let's not forget although a 3rd place finish is more than I thought we would get we are only going to be able to get that potentially due to the likes of Spurs and Arsenal hitting a brick wall results wise. 

Although we are playing some nice passing/possession football it's no good unless we can get results with it and some of Sarris tactics/substitutions have left a lot to be desired.. If it was not for Hazard I am fairly confident we may have finished outside the top 6.

On the plus side I am pleased with our passing/possession play overall but just feel that the team are one level below where Liverpool/City are currently with regards to attitude, passion and quality.. we have no real leaders in the side and that needs to be addressed, given the investment this side has had over the years you would expect us to be challenging but we are some way off that at the moment so in that regard it's disappointing,

Finishing in the CL spots and a possible Cup Final I will gratefully grab that bonus with both hands... 

2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Interestingly this is how I saw the season going for the top 6 in the seasons predictions thread.. 

Not too shabby I have to say.... B|

For me personally it was always going to be about how much influence Sarri was going to have across the course of the season and in the early stages the team were buzzing and playing some great football, it was a pleasure to watch but as the season rolled on we lost something?? Our final third finishing and our defensive lapses have cost us dear this season and let's not forget although a 3rd place finish is more than I thought we would get we are only going to be able to get that potentially due to the likes of Spurs and Arsenal hitting a brick wall results wise. 

Although we are playing some nice passing/possession football it's no good unless we can get results with it and some of Sarris tactics/substitutions have left a lot to be desired.. If it was not for Hazard I am fairly confident we may have finished outside the top 6.

On the plus side I am pleased with our passing/possession play overall but just feel that the team are one level below where Liverpool/City are currently with regards to attitude, passion and quality.. we have no real leaders in the side and that needs to be addressed, given the investment this side has had over the years you would expect us to be challenging but we are some way off that at the moment so in that regard it's disappointing,

Finishing in the CL spots and a possible Cup Final I will gratefully grab that bonus with both hands... 

That unfortunately sounds a lot like when things weren't good with Brendan Rodgers. For your sake, I hope that's not the case. Especially because of how hard it would be to replace Hazard if he does go.

You're in for some rough stuff if you can't find some more productivity in the final third. Especially if Hazard leaves. With the transfer ban in place, holding on to Hazard and letting him leave on a free might be better value to Chelsea than letting him go. If they can't immediately replace him, they stand to lose out on CL qualification. And that's worth about as much, if not more than what Hazard would be worth, because being in the CL means getting better players being more likely to join you. Especially if other English clubs are involved... a fat wad of cash is nice, but now all of the top 6 can offer pretty spectacular wages.

There's probably never any "best" time for a transfer ban... so this probably goes without saying, but this was really an awful time for Chelsea to be hit with a transfer ban.

On 08/05/2019 at 17:48, José said:

@Cicero @carefreeluke

Feedback on Higuain now that the season is near the end. 

5/10 for me.

Which is unfortunate because when you watch him play, his ability is outstanding. Touch. Movement. Finishing. He has all the tools to succeed but lacks sharpness. Don't know if he's still adjusting to the pace of the league vs serie a, but he looks off pace. 

He looks best in the box, but it's very rare we can give him the ball when he's in those positions due to our lack of end product. His lack of sharpness and inability to receive the ball looks to have dismantle his confidence, as his decision making as of late has been appaling. 

Hasn't convinced me. Would be wise not to sign him permanately given his age and wages.. Should of never went to Italy after he left Real. We should of snatched him then. 

Edited by Cicero
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

His weight?

I've been accused of trolling but I actually thought Higuain was fantastic once, at Real Madrid he was one of the finest strikers in the world. Seeing what he's done to himself with the constant eating has been truly sad.

Italy's got good food though

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

Luiz given a 2 year extention. All for it if he isn't a starter. 

I've always been a big fan but for me this season, he hasn't been as good as he was previously for us, at least not to the standard I personally saw in the past. He's been a bit up and down and recently he has grated on me particularly with his passing. He's quite wasteful with his passing and he's always looking to make that defence-splitting pass. This is a useful weapon of course but with Luiz at the moment it comes off every 1 pass in 15 and we waste possession too much for my liking.

Rudiger's the same for me with his performances, a bit up and down and we've had periods where one of the two (Luiz or Rudiger) have been playing well and the other hasn't.

I wouldn't begrudge Luiz of a new deal though, it's the right decision but yeah hopefully he and Rudiger can improve their consistency and overall performances.

Edited by carefreeluke

14 hours ago, Cicero said:

3rd and 2 finals. 

How we rating this season? 

Think the main goal for the board was Champions League football, that is secured. The Europa League trophy would just be a bonus but i am not so confident of winning it. Arsenal need it so much more they will probably be all out for the final.

Edited by True Blue

23 hours ago, Cicero said:

3rd and 2 finals. 

How we rating this season? 

I think all things considered, that’s got to be considered pretty decent. The lows of this season were low and you can still win a European cup. And I think CL qualification was your club’s goal this season, so job done there

I write the following at the end of each season for my club on a different board. Here is around 75% of what I posted of it's first draft. Not fussed what you think of it, but if you are confident enough to make your own opinion of all (that's all, not cherry pick) our players public I will read it at sometime. By choice I havent been able too see some of the postings in this thread & board over the season, so apologies if I have sometimes posted something someone else has already made plain or not responded to bait or worse against a posting of mine. Now you know why.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kepa: It's taken a while for me to get used too someone who is so much shorter than our previous two Goalies. I am not convinced by play above his head. Punches far too often for my liking and he tends to be hit or miss catching too. His strong point is shot stopping and handling of low hard shots. Gets down very well. His behaviour at Wembley was pathetic, but his EL semi final heroism has allowed forgiveness at some levels. His 7 year contract has forced Bulca out of the club which in turn has won me some money. We must hope he continues to grow as a person between his ears & learns quickly to command his area in the air as well as down by his feet.

Willy: When we saw him he was more than adequate in his performances. Hope he sticks around, but have the feeling he could be a number one at many clubs.

Dave: Seems to be crazy to say this about one of our best players over the last few seasons, but Dave was a weakness in many of our games this season. It's very difficult to put a finger on what’s gone wrong? The fans have been on his back for most of the season, highlighting the number of free kicks he gave away n the run around many forwards gave him. Captain for almost all of the season I lost count of the number of times he would attempt to cross the ball from wide right only to hit the first defender in front of him. This is the same guy who gave Morata 7-9 assists from roughly the same position on the pitch. I would say the Chelsea jury is out on Dave and he should be looking over his shoulder for either an bought competition player or if next seasons manager is brave enough to use Reese James who was player of the year during his year loan at Wigan and voted best right back in the championship. James must have improved as I did not have him as a possible first team player when watching during his youth career. That's not too say I wouldnt give him a go. Obviously a return to 3 at the back would give Dave and others another chance.

Zappacosta: Another wing back brought too the club when we were playing a 3 at the back. There are those who would tell you he should have been inserted into the team before Christmas. These would be those who turned against Dave earliest. By the end of the season there number had risen too more than a few. Alas the games I saw him play he was no better than Dave and also suffered from hitting the first defender infront of him when attempting to cross the ball. If Dave was too be replaced I would be looking towards someone other than Zappacosta.

Rudiger: Strong reliable more of a on field leader than Dave, he had a very good solid season. Over aggressive and needs to be more patient when up against a forward holding up the ball as he tends to give away far too many cheap free kicks all over our half of the field. Strong in the air and can be a handful in the opposing box, he has probably been one of our very best signings over the past few poor windows. Has a great sense of humour. When asked how he had improved this season, he stated his passing over 5-10 yards had become far more evident. Obviously a tug at the managers style of football. Turned down an improved contract and ended the season injured after being given the all clear by our medical department.

Christensen: Lost his place at the start of the season when we returned to a 4 at the back. Still a lightweight when it comes to defending in our more robust league over the weaker league he made his name in. His father hasnt done him any favours with constant interviews to the press, who only shut up once our manager when asked about his, said he wanted to hear from the player, not his family. I feel sure one of the managers who puts ball control over being able to defend 1st would be prepared to part with a lot of money for him. I wouldn’t want too sell...... yet, as I am hopeful he will grow a stronger backbone, tell his Dad to shut the fuck up and try to read the game slightly quicker so he doesn’t have to go to ground so often when trying too tackle forwards who are ahead of him. He really could be a wonderful player, but I still wouldn’t trust him as a starter in big games in the PL.

Luiz: I think David has done very well for us this season. The manager told the club the one player we must have to play his style of football was Jorginho. After having almost everything going through the managers son, we were suddenly sussed from the Everton home game onwards. From that time on, we were forced to have David bring the ball out and often bypassing the managers son and chosen effect less midfield partners, with balls aimed at the front three. The amount of times I watched opposing players told to stand on Jorginho as David had the ball at his feet without options. For me he did very well being our most creative player between our goal line and our forwards. While not the most natural defender he got by with his own brand of defending, without so much of the crazies he used to produce during his first spell with us. When you think about the amount of times he covered behind our left wing backs playing as proper full backs, you get a flavour of the amount of good work he got through in games. The decision of his gaining of a 2 year contract and his expressing his love for both club and the managers style of playing points towards the manager being with us next season.

Cahill: His last season with the club turned into a proper nightmare as the manager made plain early on Gary was down the CH pecking order. Making public Gary wasnt confident enough on the ball to play his style of football, this was another example of the manager giving too much info to the media. While I believe there is truth in his evaluation of Gary, it was tough on the club captain to be looked over for almost the entire season. I am sure Gary will be for more welcome back among us than the manager will ever be.

Alonso: So many Chelsea fans are against him that’s its pretty difficult to find anyone to offer a defense of his season. For me, there is no blame on him at all. He was signed as a wing back to play in our title winning 3 at the back defense. While not excelling as a defender he did going forward and actually chipped in with a couple of important goals this season. He isnt a full back, so for me he has played out of position under this manager. Remember, this is the manager who said Alonso could become the best left back in the world under him! It was obvious to a blind man this was another example of the manager talking out of his ass and he only succeeded in turning the fan base against Alonso, 2nd only to the fans dislike of the manager himself. Left back has been a season long problem for us and the manager never once tried swapping Dave over flanks.

Emerson: Again, another wing back who is a shocking defender. As the season wore on and those who found hatred in their hearts towards Alonso where then suddenly calling for Emerson to become the starter at left back. It didnt seem to register with these people we were replacing a poor defender with a shocking defender. Emerson marks nobody, gives the ball away as soon as it touches his right foot and never in the right place when crosses come in from the other flank. His late inclusion has benefitted all Chelsea fans as its flushed out the fucking idiots who follow our club as the know nothings they are.

Kante: We came into the season with a player who was universally agreed upon being the best holding midfielder in world football. Come the end of the season he did not start one PL game as a holding midfielder. He found himself on the right of our midfield devoid of his strict defensive role, but asked to feed the forwards and attack from his new midfield position. The reason  for the decision was the signing of the manager's number one target in the summer window. Now I have always said that without the ball Kante is the best I have seen, while when he gets the ball, he truly is hit or miss with distribution. This latter point I believe the manager also believes and I believe he decided to carry Kante in his team, rather than have him sitting next too Cahill Fabregas ect knowing the backlash would be unbearable. I think it weakened his team selection and if he was going to handicap us with his son playing in the middle, he should have had the balls to have played someone who could string a few passes together instead of Kante. Afterall, isnt that was Sarriball was supposed to be? Obviously I would have played the best in the world in his position, but we saddled ourselves with someone who thought different.

Fabregas: Now I know his legs had gone and his defending left a lot to be desired, but for me, Hazard apart, he was our most gifted player going into the season. Yeah I am biased as I fell in love with his football back when he pulled an Arsenal shirt on, but those kind of players are rare and rarer still is those kind of players who can belly our football league. We knew the writing was on the wall early on as snippets were being leaked he wasnt happy with others being put before him. At the time the team was getting results so his moaning was kinda overlooked, but once the Everton game came n went and teams started to jump all over Jorginho, there were calls that Cesc should be allowed to wear his magic hat once more. Alas the manager saw fit only too trust him the Thursday cup and League cup. When he left for Monaco he did so with a few parting shots which have increased over the rest of the season. What he has said had been borne true with others since expressing the same thoughts. I would like to know if its true that it was Cesc who went too the manager saying Kante was being wasted. Wonderful football talent, decent bloke. Shame his Chelsea career ended in such fashion.

Jorginho: There is no doubt at the start of the season when he was able to run around the central parts of the pitch without a opposition player taking notice of him, he was made too look the complete midfield general sweeping the ball around the pitch with short 5 meter passes too the same coloured shirt with ease. The media were quick to note his record breaking number of touches in games and it looked as thou we had found someone to run our team for a number of years. Then came the home game against Everton. They loaded one player on Jorginho for the whole 90 mins and we were fucked. The easy ball out of defense too him was stopped. When he did get the ball the player on him hurried him and his silky easy passing was stopped dead. I remember the manager shouting at him during the game shrugging his shoulders in that Italian way of asking whats fucking going on? It was then we realized this bloke wasn’t Pirlo. He couldnt handle the ball under pressure and the manager either couldn’t help or refused to help him. So from that game on, any team who had it about them to pressure our midfield general, normally got something from the game. Too be fair too the player, as the season wore on and his influence on our play dropped he felt the frustrations of the fans in most games. Rather than shrivel up his work rate started to rise with better defensive play, often running hard towards his own goal, something that wasnt evident early in the season. 2 Goals, 1 a penalty and not one assist from our central midfielder throughout the PL season is the most illuminating fact on the managers chosen player. When you think the amount of games we started with Kante (4G 4A) Jorginho and Kovcic (2A), it explains how handicapped the manager made us over the season. Both Ruben and Ross had more Goals n Assists in much less playing time than the managers two midfield darlings. What Fabregas made public was damning and now we know he wasn’t alone in speaking out in the dressing room.

Kovacic: A wonderful on the ball player who offers very little in the attacking sence of the game. We have him on loan from the club who are softening us up before they take our best player. Like any good club loaning out a player, they ensured they gave us someone they wouldn’t miss and hope we make the mistake of signing for good soon after. 2 assists and no goals from a player the manager preferred over the English talent we have at the club, Kovacic worked hard throughout the season, just lacked what we most needed this season, someone to set our forwards on fire. I hope we do not sign him as it would rub salt into the wound of Hazard leaving.

Barkley: In a season where he has regained his England place and worked hard to gain the trust of his Club manager, his season ended being over taken by Ruben in the pecking order. I feel the manager has changed his game from the one that gained his reputation as a free running midfielder. It was as thou the ball was a hot potato the quickness he got rid of the ball, something we heard the manager praise as what he wanted from the midfielders, moving it quickly too the open player. I felt that took a little from his game that I liked at Everton. Running hard from midfield at defenses and felt the loss of this detracted from his input. It was kinda surprising when Ruben came in, he did run at defenses, almost against the managers orders by the amount of time he would keep the ball. More on that when I speak about him. Ross for me offers alot for us in the future and I am sure he will benefit from a change of manager, along with many other players.

R LC: It's been a bit of a break out end of season for Ruben. There is no doubting his forward play both assisting and scoring vital goals has been something we have been crying out for as a club all season. I like his direct play when receiving the ball. Gets the ball looks for Hazard, if he cant find him he move forward with the ball trying to make something happen. Oh how we have needed that when the three Amigo’s have started. Before his inclusion the manager would say Ruben had to improve other phases of his play. We knew this as his defending n general play without the ball. I would argue this part of his game has not improved that much with his exciting football on the ball overshadowing that weakness. It must also be made plain to everyone he cant play a full 90 minutes without one of his major problems flaring up n causing his replacement. The 2nd leg semi final just a week ago offered one of the few time I have felt for the manager this season. It was fucking obvious too me Ruben had been struggling in the game for about 20 mins and when the manager put him out of his misery, he got the Bird from those who have less understanding of the game. I am happy Ruben hit the media waves backing his manager. Starting to grow up. I have said and will say again we should cash in on him while we can. If a player can not play because of injury he is no use to a club. Brian Clough once wrote about a player he had a Derby when he took over who couldn’t start the season because he had a contract to play Cricket for one of the county’s. This player was a fans fav and the very first player Cloughy got rid of. He is no good too me if he cant play and that goes for any player who finds himself in the treatment room far more often than he does playing for me. It's an excellent point and there is nothing in Rubens history that tells us he is going to be cured of his bad back groin ankle ect ect. 6 goals and 2 assists is excellent return for the amount of airtime he got this season and as I said, break out season. It's too be seen if the plane ride to the states has him complaining about his back.

Drinkwater: As much as I find fault with the manager, he was true to Dannys face and the boy should have taken it as gospel. Maybe he thought there was no chance this guy will still be manager by the end of the season, This is Chelsea for fuck sake? Haha, well many have fallen into that and I guess this wasted season of his will have more interest in what happens after the Thursday cup final.

Willian: Mr.Marmite. Chelsea fans tend to one or the other on our fav Brazilian. I am very much in the love him camp, but I wouldn’t disagree there are times I want too throttle him. First up, he wants to play in the middle of midfield, an old fashioned number 10, If a blank on that, he wants to play wide left so he can cut inside. This manager picked him wide right 90% of the games he started. Obviously Hazard has dibs on wide left and we do not play with a free 10, so he plays where he feels he has less use. With that said, on his day he can be very influential on games, but of course he can also be the most frustrating player at the club. I feel he has been one of our better players in a poor football season. A point I would like to make is his taking Callum under his wing. I am told they spend, at least before Callum became injured, plenty of time together both on and off the pitch at the training ground. I like to hear this about more experienced players. It was noticeable his hitting out at the managers hand when he tapped him on the head leaving the pitch against EF at stamford Bridge last week. Very few made note of it because of the win, but those who saw it could see Willian was pissed.

Pedro: For all those who single out Willian for criticism for being inconsistent, Pedro must also fall into that bracket. There is a bloke who sits a few seats behind me at the Bridge who is convinced Pedro should never start another game as he offers far more in the sub roll. I dont know? On the whole he has had another acceptable season, early on the 3rd wide player after Hazard and Willian. When he came on he played ok, often putting in a 30 minute shift in running backwards n forwards with plenty of energy. 8 league goals in a part time season is an excellent return, but for a wide player only 2 assists points too his lack of offering great distribution when the ball finds away from a goal scoring opportunity. I think he has been a worthwhile signing, but with the American due too turn up and hopefully return of Callum, 3rd choice could become 4th next season.

Morata: I didnt think much of him at Juventus and when he signed for us, after we failed to get Lukaku, I kinda tried to have an open mind. Turns out he arrived with one foot and a head which was far above average. Alas we were unable to get him to head everything and he had to use his standing foot whenever he couldnt run around it. It was painful too watch. He looked like he was in pain every time he entered the pitch for us this season and once the fans started to give him the bird along with his crap play, it was no surprise he asked too leave after the manager said he had mental problems. You could almost hear Morata sighing in relief that the manager had given him a get out. As I understand it he has scored a few in Spain, but his club will have to pay us 14M for next seasons loan, so there is every chance he will be back. Baring in mind, for me, the CF position is the most important of this transfer window (I believe we will be in it cause of the appeal to the sports wotnot will suspend the ban till they make judgment in a years time) our next signing will have to be much better than Morata.

Giroud: So we go from one CF with no left foot, too one who has no right foot. There were times early in the season when Giroud wasnt playing I added my voice too the others asking for him to be given a chance. Kinda a players stock going up without playing. By the end of the season I have had enough of his none movement weak control and right foot weakness. I think his play last week in the semi final just about summed him up. Scored alot of goals in that competition, where we played lots of clubs who would struggle in out championship. As we stand now with the PL over its laughable he found the front to say "no play no stay" I wont go so far as too say I will drive him too the airport, but when we have younger players in his position out on loan elsewhere, for me there is little reason too offer him another deal.

Higuain: I was a big fan of his a few seasons ago. There has always been comment about his weight from back in his Madrid days and I have seen more than a few pictures of him at Juventus were he sure has had more than his fair share of Cheesecakes. I am thankful someone at the club stood firm against signing him when the manager was said too be almost begging us too. Lucky for us his previous choice of Jorginho had given us plenty too judge Sarri's opinion on players. The loan move was the correct decision and like the player from Madrid, we hope the club see sence and avoid both. His performances have been far too stagnant for me. He has the one run, which is in behind a central defender as we saw when Pedro picked him out and he finished off wonderfully well against Watford. He has been trying this run all the time he has been here with Jorginho trying too pick him out. Daft sods commenting this is their understanding from when they played together. Was he any better than Morata? How about the same question but using Mitchy as the benchmark? I think he has been a wonderful player, but he is too old for us, we must look too more mobile forwards for our future.

Callum: What a wonderful shot in the arm he turned out too be for us long suffering Chelsea faithful turning up at the Bridge every other week this season. Super Great Magic, but made public and asked for a transfer during the last window. That’s never to be forgiven and like Ruben will find it difficult too ever feel the unconditional love homegrowns get at our club. Yes I fully understand the signing of the American, a player in his position points towards the clubs thinking elsewhere, but if you dont have the intelligence to work out Hazard moving on or the belief in yourself to beat out that guy for your position, then he did the right thing by taking the weaker option by playing in a inferior league. I have no problem with that decision and I will be very happy too see him leave at the earliest opportunity. Best thing would be get him to sign long contract and then sell. He did well in the games against weak opposition and he is another I feel the manager came under pressure to play. His starting at Anfield was laughable and we saw the better the opposition the more he did nothing other than give the ball away. Obviously there is a talent there to come to fruition, but we have had plenty of other players through our youth of late who haven’t come anywhere near the level needed. We have two boys playing at Derby who were rated better than Callum, which is why Frank got them. Anyway, congratulations too him for the time he got in the first team.

Hazard: Yet another superb season from the leagues best player who has conducted himself in a far better manner than his asshole compatriot last year. There is little more than can be said about his football skill so I think in making this short n sweet it will be more fitting. Of course like all Chelsea fans I would want him too stay. The question I always put out there when these kind of players get head hunted by the two of Spain is, what football reason is there for him to stay with us. The answer too that is simple. There is no football reason too stay at the club. As much as he has stated the football Sarri is attempting too play is how Eden wishes too play, the truth is our football is crap. It's the most painful experience I have endured during Romans time and it's obvious whatever the manager is putting across too the players, they dont fucking get it. I wish Eden well wherever he turns up next season. I cant stress how much I appreciate the way he had conducted himself while with us and his football alone has been worth the season tickets I have enjoyed over his years. Thanks mate!

Sarri: Worst since AVB, hated more by game going fans than the Fat Spanish Waiter. His turning my club into Arsenal, will be confirmed if we loose the Thursday cup final. We never used too lose too Arsenal! Yep, he got us into CL. Take note ~ Chelsea ended the season in 3rd position, the 13th time in the last 16 seasons they've finished in the top-three of the Premier League. Hardly ground breaking.

It's important to show how we stumbled over the line into 3rd.

Last five league games

Man Utd  L L D D L  2pts

Arsenal   L L L D W  4pts

Tott          L W L L D  4pts

Chelsea   L D D W D  6pts

When you look at the two above us who got 15 out of 15, kinda shows how lucky we have been the other 3 clubs came down too Sarri's level allowing us to slip through.

I’ll have next years seasons ticket before long, but if this manager stays I will be selling individual games to those who cant outlay the price of a years games. I know I am not the first to say that here, so I figure I’ll have to move quickly to sell before others as there might be a deluge of tickets looking for new owners! :Laughter:

• Upvote 2