talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

12 hours ago, Cicero said:

We looked more compact when Lampard switched to a 433. Less gaps compared to the 4231

Think we looked okay in both, but slightly better attacking and pressing with 4231. Also i think we can adapt more players in this current team with 4231. Excited to see how we start on Sunday.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Maybe this will be the season people who don't understand football stop acting shocked when Kante doesn't play as a number six.

17c.thumb.png.131970ef9a02964766f9f3fb9af1cf3d.png

That’ll never happen, there’s people that watch maybe a fraction of the season but get most of their football knowledge from FIFA and they’re usually quite vocal about their football opinions even if they’re shit opinions

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That’ll never happen, there’s people that watch maybe a fraction of the season but get most of their football knowledge from FIFA and they’re usually quite vocal about their football opinions even if they’re shit opinions

You never know, he might be a CM instead of a CDM on the next FIFA, and they will come in their droves over the side of common sense.

28 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Maybe this will be the season people who don't understand football stop acting shocked when Kante doesn't play as a number six.

17c.thumb.png.131970ef9a02964766f9f3fb9af1cf3d.png

It was honestly hilarious even hearing pundits last season stating Kante and Jorginho need to switch roles. Just more proof they get caught in the media hype vs actually watching and analysing players

• Upvote 1

Great to be back at Stamford Bridge and seeing so many Chelsea friends after the summer break. I agree with others who have already stated, for a Sunday it was a Pig to travel to the ground, although it seems those travelling from the south of London had it far worse.

Ok, straight forward with the first 20 minutes. We were outstanding and should have put the game to bed. Alas, once those minutes had passed Leicester should have won and it has to be said, won with ease.

So why such a Chalk n Cheese performance? High tempo start, very much like the start at Old Trafford, some are putting forward the game against Liverpool leaving our players tired. Personally I believe that to be bollocks and I was happy to hear Frank state the same.

It has to be said the performance although worth a point, was far worse than the performance up in Manchester. I sat there watching Leicester cut through our formation with ease and in the 2nd half it became a most painful watch. Their equalizer was coming from almost the start of the 2nd half and it’s a minor miracle their pathetic finishing, as bad as ours, cost them all 3 points.

So far this season Franks opening line-ups have looked to be exciting going forward, but have proved to be extremely open once the opposition get past the opening rush of our high tempo start. Funny enough, it reminds me of Twatface Rodgers Liverpool team of a few seasons ago.

I kept looking down at Frank, often talking with Jody, expecting them to do something in the second half to help the team. Very disappointed with their substitutions. We desperately needed help in the middle of the pitch. Maddison was playing free and Jorginho had no idea where he was at any time during the 2nd half. His substitution for Kovacic had me shaking my head and as I can read elsewhere in this thread most agree. Franks inability to diagnose the problem or fail to help his team during the 2nd half is our first public warning of his lack of experience. When you think back at previous managers, Conte Jose and even the Fat Spanish Waiter, we know they would have made it more difficult for Leicester.

Escaping with a draw will probably turn to be a good point gained, plus a little more experience for Frank. We have to hope he learned a lot from this game, because I believe it’s a game he could have \ should have made a difference as the game progressed.

Ok, point of order on Kante. There are those who are claiming Sarri was right to move him away from Holding Midfielder to a ranging right sided player allowed to get forward. These people have appeared after the player has had his best two performances in the last year (Europa Final – Super Cup Final) playing in the more forward role. For those two performances he does deserve a pat on the back, however all of last season he was wasted and we played without getting anything out of that position (Yes the same can be said for the whole starting midfield all fucking season). We will see what happens when our returning injured players are available as a place will need to be found for Ruben. For all the possession he had yesterday he produced very little and missed a golden chance in the first half where a 2nd touch would have released him from the blocking defender & opened up the goal. But hey ho, he isn’t that kind of player. MKBucksEng, your post stating Arsene Wenger said on French TV he felt last season clubs allowed Kante to have possession as they felt he didn’t have the ability to hurt them is very interesting because there was times yesterday Leicester didn’t pick him up when we counter attacked which meant more often or not the ball ended up with him and the move fizzled out. Is Rodgers that clever?

I did enjoy yesterday. New season excitement followed by a very entertaining far too open game. Come on Frank!!

Lastly, Saw a photo of John at the ground looking like he just came from the set of Peaky Blinders!! Needs to get out of Birmingham soon! Haha

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Lastly, Saw a photo of John at the ground looking like he just came from the set of Peaky Blinders!! Needs to get out of Birmingham soon! Haha

Looked more like Chubbs from Happy GIlmore xD 

maxresdefault.jpg

• Sad 1

Rudiger played 90 minutes last night for the under 23 development squad ina 3-0 win against Liverpool. Batshuayi also played got two goals and an assist. Lampard and his team where on the stands. Hopefully this means Rudi is back i contention for Norwich and that Michy will also be given a shot.

Watched the under 23's last night in their game against Liverpool's same at Stamford Bridge. Very comfortable win against a very young Liverpool 11 who did well to keep the score that low. Mitchy bossed the front line scoring a couple with extremely lukewarm celebrations of his tidy finishing. Rudiger coasted through the game alongside Ian Maatsen barely getting out of 2nd gear. Good to see Frank attending along with a few of his staff. One would hope he was suitably impressed with Mitchy to think about him being introduced at sometime during the Norwich game. Billy Gilmore again impressed but there is no doubt his size will count against. Sure is talented. I thought Tariq was solid in the middle of the pitch linking well with Billy and others. The former will find a loan club before long and it will be interesting if Billy ends up back in Scotland on loan.

19 hours ago, Cicero said:

CHO training with the first team :o

Callum Hudson-Odoi is set to hand Chelsea another boost by putting pen-to-paper on a stunning new £52m contract.

Chelsea have been in advanced talks for over a month with their exciting teenage winger over a new five-year deal worth up to £200,000-per-week.

A few small details have held up the two parties reaching a total agreement.

Callum Hudson-Odoi is set to hand Chelsea a boost by signing a stunning new £52m contract

Hudson-Odoi's contract will be worth a basic of £180,000-a-week rising to £200,000-per-week with bonuses.

A breakthrough has come as Hudson-Odoi has stepped up his recovery from the Achilles injury that ended his breakthrough campaign last season.

He returned to full training this week after surgery in Barcelona last season and has been earmarked for a return to action after the international break in the first two weeks of September.