talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

4 hours ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Saw Pulisic making an assist today, but I heard he's struggling big time lately. What do you guys think? Will he be sold next winter/summer?

I think Lampard is partly easing him in but I think there's more to it than that. He needs to get used to Lampard's demands, Lampard likes his wider players to press well. Pulisic has been the least productive in this area compared to the others in his position, he needs to work harder off the ball. Also, the fact that he struggles to retain the ball at times and sometimes get muscled out of situations which is something he needs to improve on. Compared to Mount, Willian, Hudson-Odoi, and Pedro, Pulisic is the least tactically suited at this moment in time and he hence has to make some improvements to areas of his game to suit the style of play. There's also the fact that Willian, Mount, and Hudson-Odoi are playing well at the moment which means there are naturally fewer chances for him.

I wouldn't say he's struggling, just the fact that he needs to be patient and that he needs to work on a few things. Performance-wise, overall he's been a bit of a mixed bag so far. Unless something big or unexpected happens, it's very unlikely he'll be sold in the summer.

Edited by carefreeluke
  • Upvote 1

Another wonderful result. An ok performance, one that people seem to be brushing over how open n sloppy our defending was and has been since pre season.Their goal the ball ran past six different Chelsea players unchallenged before being passed into the goal. Interesting for corners this game it was half zonal n some of their runners into the path of the corner were picked up one on one. It was still garbage defending. Main thing we go into the Iternational break with a win which for me is essential for us fans.

Ok, I am sure you all know the story which was banded about the ground about Kante at the Brighton game. I feel this is why Tabloids n other crap football outlets are flooding their gossips with him leaving. It seems nobody at the club want to say different to what is said to have happened to him at the end of last season. Frank was asked a question this week on Kante worded in a way that gave him the chance to dispel what went around the ground. It's not like him to miss a chance to put the media right, yet he chose too answer the question as thou it was 100% factually correct.I wouldn't discard Kante preparing to leave until we hear it from his own mouth.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tammy's stats so far are pretty great. 8 goals in the league, averaging a goal every 72 minutes with 65% of his shots on target.

I hope he gets a chance with the England team soon.

A decent start for him and at least he is justifying a starting spot... can't ask for more than that really 

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

A decent start for him and at least he is justifying a starting spot... can't ask for more than that really 

I was giving him shit at the beginning of the season during the Super Cup for stupid reasons... but after watching him play more over the course of the season (granted it's been just a short while really) I now fucking love the kid. He's so good and he's still very clearly learning, so while he'll make mistakes or miss some shots that you'd think "mate you shouldn't have missed that!" he's also very clearly improving as he keeps playing and he's taking plenty of chances. And that so many of his shots are on target says something about how clinical he already is as a striker despite being so young.

It's a big step up from being good in the championship and being good in the top flight. He's making it look easy.

Honestly, this transfer ban and Lampard trusting kids over seasoned pros (well and using a good mix of kids + seasoned pros) and the way the kids have performed when given the chance... it's actually made Chelsea a really likeable team for a neutral again. It's a bit like how I felt about Chelsea before the oil money. Granted, during both periods Chelsea weren't as good as they were during the best times of the oil money era... but I wouldn't begrudge Lampard's Chelsea and these young players enjoying some success in the near future. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I was giving him shit at the beginning of the season during the Super Cup for stupid reasons... but after watching him play more over the course of the season (granted it's been just a short while really) I now fucking love the kid. He's so good and he's still very clearly learning, so while he'll make mistakes or miss some shots that you'd think "mate you shouldn't have missed that!" he's also very clearly improving as he keeps playing and he's taking plenty of chances. And that so many of his shots are on target says something about how clinical he already is as a striker despite being so young.

It's a big step up from being good in the championship and being good in the top flight. He's making it look easy.

Honestly, this transfer ban and Lampard trusting kids over seasoned pros (well and using a good mix of kids + seasoned pros) and the way the kids have performed when given the chance... it's actually made Chelsea a really likeable team for a neutral again. It's a bit like how I felt about Chelsea before the oil money. Granted, during both periods Chelsea weren't as good as they were during the best times of the oil money era... but I wouldn't begrudge Lampard's Chelsea and these young players enjoying some success in the near future. 

First things first mate, Are you a Married man now then?? did it all go well?? 

Secondly, yea you were giving him shit but I can't find the twitter notification I sent to him about it now, all I can say is it must have motivated him to do better.. 

In all seriousness he did have a shaky start no denying but he has found his feet now and hopefully he will keep getting goals throughout the season for us.. At the beginning of the season it was clear we would not be challenging for the title and even a top 4 slot was looking unlikely but given Uniteds awful form and even City being a bit hit and miss means that if we can at least keep beating the teams you would think we should beat then we could realistically give top 4 a go.. I wouldn't have expected us to beat the likes of Pool or City for example so we are going to have to write some games off this season but not too fussed about that in the grand scheme of things.. 

Not sure how our CL form will be?? don't think we will last the course there and if we don't qualify from the group then can only hope we have a decent run in the cups.. The whole season is going to be a bit up and down but it has a positive feel to it if that makes any sense.. We can have a good few games like the Saints game and then have a nightmare in defense and only draw a game we might have won but it still leaves you feeling upbeat about the overall performance, just about ironing out the stupid mistakes.. 

3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

First things first mate, Are you a Married man now then?? did it all go well?? 

Secondly, yea you were giving him shit but I can't find the twitter notification I sent to him about it now, all I can say is it must have motivated him to do better.. 

In all seriousness he did have a shaky start no denying but he has found his feet now and hopefully he will keep getting goals throughout the season for us.. At the beginning of the season it was clear we would not be challenging for the title and even a top 4 slot was looking unlikely but given Uniteds awful form and even City being a bit hit and miss means that if we can at least keep beating the teams you would think we should beat then we could realistically give top 4 a go.. I wouldn't have expected us to beat the likes of Pool or City for example so we are going to have to write some games off this season but not too fussed about that in the grand scheme of things.. 

Not sure how our CL form will be?? don't think we will last the course there and if we don't qualify from the group then can only hope we have a decent run in the cups.. The whole season is going to be a bit up and down but it has a positive feel to it if that makes any sense.. We can have a good few games like the Saints game and then have a nightmare in defense and only draw a game we might have won but it still leaves you feeling upbeat about the overall performance, just about ironing out the stupid mistakes.. 

Yeah mate! It went great!

I hope you finish top 4.

He's got 4 assists in 7 games. It isn't as if he isn't contributing. Lampard is easing him into a new league.

It's only ESPN pushing this agenda given they are pissed off Pulisic isn't starting over Willian. I can't stand Willian but he is offering more at the moment. Good thing for Pulisic is that it won't last long. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I think you Chelsea boys (and girls) would like to see this if you missed it last night, Callum Hudson-Odoi's 2 goals from last nights U-21's match England 5-1 Austria, the media are screaming one of his goals was a wonder goal.

Caught them yesterday... great future ahead of him

Thumbs up for Nketiah who grabbed a hat trick as well... currently on loan to Leeds from Arsenal

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Caught them yesterday... great future ahead of him

The difference between him and Pogba/Lingard is that little clip at the end of the video was just a small cameo laugh by BT if that was Pogba/Lingard they would be doing 10-minute selfie dances and hitting Twitter/Instagram the lot. xD 

Don't recall us having a injury crisis this long in some time now. We currently have Ruben, Kante, Christensen, Rudiger, Emerson, James and Kovačić out. Half of them could still play but are doubtful. The problem is that most of them are usually starters. Injury wise we became Arsenal. 

14 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

9_9 add an unfair calendar of games and an even longer list of injuries and you get what you all were roasting Mourinho for... 

Only thing is that Chelsea still performs with 4-5 starters missing, while United is two points of the relegation battle.

Pulisic will be fine. His biggest problem is the USA media who nothing about real football & highlighting his lack of time on the first team pitch at Chelsea.

Get his head down n work as hard as he can n make plenty of visits to the weight room putting some muscle on that light body of his and he will get his chance, afterall, this is proving to be the season of injuries so far.