talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

Chelsea have been crowned the dirtiest side in Premier League history... 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7583801/Chelsea-dirtiest-team-Premier-League-history.html

Chelsea have been crowned the dirtiest team in the history of the Premier League.

A new study, conducted by Spreadex, revealed that the Stamford Bridge club top the charts for their ill-discipline, with Derby County, on average, running in second.  

Teams have been awarded 10 points for a yellow card and 25 for a red card and adding up the sums saw Chelsea accrue a whopping 18,360 points, blowing away their rivals.  

The Spreadez study took into account every yellow and red card in the Premier League era

That should make @Lucas smile... 

Another Title and Record..  B|

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7583801/Chelsea-dirtiest-team-Premier-League-history.html

Chelsea have been crowned the dirtiest team in the history of the Premier League.

A new study, conducted by Spreadex, revealed that the Stamford Bridge club top the charts for their ill-discipline, with Derby County, on average, running in second.  

Teams have been awarded 10 points for a yellow card and 25 for a red card and adding up the sums saw Chelsea accrue a whopping 18,360 points, blowing away their rivals.  

The Spreadez study took into account every yellow and red card in the Premier League era

Impressive by West Ham to have played over 100 fewer games than Liverpool but still amass more than 2000 points over them xD 

13 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Record breakers beaches

Excellent result yesterday with a performance which was proving to be very frustrating as our kids could not finish off a battling Newcastle side (No doubt they are playing for their manager).

As I sat in the ground watching wave after wave of pressure football moving us forward, conversation turned to Franks lack of effecting games from the bench this season. This proved to be his game as bringing on Pulisic proved to be the spark to keep our foot on Newcastles throat. While he didnt take either of his two great chances, he did enough to concentrate minds. Alonso made up for a pretty poor performance with his goal. It also must be said the introduction of Kovacic for the all first half injured Barkley, gave us some legs carrying the ball in central midfield. He was far more effective than the crap again Jorginho. 

I wondered what the manager would do once CHO regained fitness as far as Mount goes. Looks like he found a position left side of midfield for his fav player. Few by me are thrilled with that and when the other double barreled name returns will we see another move for Mount?

Footnote:

Thank God Chelsea finished top of the bookings points during the time of the premier league. This fucking confirms what we always knew, the officials are biased against us n tried to hold us back with unjust calls against our innocent and always better football players.

Loads of TROPHY'S :ay:

Regarding Alonso, I thought about 5 minutes before his goal that 'he's been poor today, then again this is the typical sort of moment he goes on to score a goal.'

Give him time like that in the box and he will take advantage of it, despite his flaws he does occupy some good attacking positions and as I've mentioned a few times now he's a bit of a clutch player.

Edited by carefreeluke

2 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

Regarding Alonso, I thought about 5 minutes before his goal that 'he's been poor today, then again this is the typical sort of moment he goes on to score a goal.'

Give him time like that in the box and he will take advantage of it, despite his flaws he does occupy some good attacking positions and as I've mentioned a few times now he's a bit of a clutch player.

He’s such a weird player. Sometimes he looks genuinely awful and yet he’s also been crucial

Think we did enough to win, created some great chances against a well organised Newcastle defense and Dubravka was very good as well. Three points and a clean sheet was enough for me, as we allowed Newcastle nothing. Few fast counters but not a single shot on target for the 90 minutes. Shame Tammy didn't get at least one to keep his run going. Ajax next as we look to improve on our UCL group chances. It will be a very difficult game and any kind of result point there would be good for us. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Addressing the midfield issue was some of the best work the board has done the past couple years. So much quality. 

Gone are the days of Matic, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, and an aging Cesc. 

Jorginho and Mateo did really well last night, with the likes of Mount and Odoi going forward. Pulisic had an excellent cameo, changed the game just like against Newcastle. Proved a point that he can be counted on, i can see Lampard rewarding his efforts soon with a start. Crucial win that and with Valencia conceding late to just draw at Lille we have our own faith in our hands, with a potential push for the top spot. Excellent team performance six in a row.

What great day yesterday turned out to be. First time for me at the Johan Cruijff ArenA, suitably impressed with the stadium and atmosphere.

This was an outstanding performance against what I would call a grade B European team, which is probably a grade we currently hold ourselves. Difficult to find a starting player who did not contribute less than 7 out of ten over the time they were on the pitch, although CHO was sussed from the 1st minute with Ajax sitting on his right foot. What a blessing Pulisic being introduced to the left flank turned out to be. I feel sure he will turn into money well spent. Mitchy the goalscoring hero, making up for the shot to the moon a few mins before. Dave was, Well Dave from years gone by. A truly wonderful performance against a tricky wide player who I understand is well thought of. The two boys in the centre of defence were a couple of Rocks. Seems strange pre season they were probably 4th n 5th on the depth chart in the position, yet here they are putting in fantastic performances in Europe. Alonso was solid, very unlike him. If we could get 80% of that Alonso performance in a back 4 all the time he would be far more accepting in the position. Have to give credit to Jorginho. For me he is normally a complete waste of space playing in the easiest position on the pitch, but last night he showed good experience being in the right place on a number of times. He still got run past like he was carrying a fridge on occasion, however it was nice to see him earn his money, afterall, thats the only reason he has stuck around.

Lastly, being a long time fan with clear memories of when we were shit, something happened last night that illuminated whats been missing from our players team club throughout the years of success. If you get the chance, watch our young players celebrate the final whistle. They have the club running through their veins and a unquenchable thirst for success together. It might read as a little thing to some, but to us old timers it's a throwback to who we always were, when our young boys would represent us far too early in their careers with their Chelsea hearts on their sleeves fighting for our shirt.

Gees, we are dangerously on the brink of producing something very special for us all to enjoy for years to come. Don't fuck it up Frank!

• Upvote 1

Another excellent performance away from home, only spoiled by conceding two late goals and a dive by one of our youngsters.

First up, Burnley players are very average and probably much closer to Championship level than their record shows. It’s not a big pitch, but the way our guys moved the ball about without much problem illuminated how basic a set up Dyche put out. I felt last season he also missed a trick with the way he set up his side against us at Tuff Moor. Much thanks to him.

Star man Pulisic continued his run of good form with a perfect Hat-Trick, (remember Jimmys against Spurs?) which I guess pissed off Tammy royally. I am sure you know why. All three goals had a touch of luck attached to them, but I like the way he ran at the defence and took it upon himself to strike towards goal. Sometimes players of his build\skill offload the ball for others to take aim. He has given Frank a wonderful problem.

CHO dive gave Frank a different problem after the game and I think Dyche touched a nerve with Frank when he stuck both boots into our young winger. In my opinion Frank bit in his interview when he mentioned the way Barnes jumps and always falls to the floor hoping for a free kick they can launch into the box. While he was correct, he should have just said he didn’t feel it was a bookable offense. I believe the hand on his back is the only thing that saves Callum from being 100% guilty.

Looking forward to going to the league cup game Tuesday. I think selection for the fixture is going to be very interesting, as I can’t believe United will filed a weekend side.

Go for it Frank!

On 27/10/2019 at 15:44, The Liquidator said:

Another excellent performance away from home, only spoiled by conceding two late goals and a dive by one of our youngsters.

First up, Burnley players are very average and probably much closer to Championship level than their record shows. It’s not a big pitch, but the way our guys moved the ball about without much problem illuminated how basic a set up Dyche put out. I felt last season he also missed a trick with the way he set up his side against us at Tuff Moor. Much thanks to him.

Star man Pulisic continued his run of good form with a perfect Hat-Trick, (remember Jimmys against Spurs?) which I guess pissed off Tammy royally. I am sure you know why. All three goals had a touch of luck attached to them, but I like the way he ran at the defence and took it upon himself to strike towards goal. Sometimes players of his build\skill offload the ball for others to take aim. He has given Frank a wonderful problem.

CHO dive gave Frank a different problem after the game and I think Dyche touched a nerve with Frank when he stuck both boots into our young winger. In my opinion Frank bit in his interview when he mentioned the way Barnes jumps and always falls to the floor hoping for a free kick they can launch into the box. While he was correct, he should have just said he didn’t feel it was a bookable offense. I believe the hand on his back is the only thing that saves Callum from being 100% guilty.

Looking forward to going to the league cup game Tuesday. I think selection for the fixture is going to be very interesting, as I can’t believe United will filed a weekend side.

Go for it Frank!

I don't know who you are playing on Tuesday, but we are playing Wednesday.    Think our line up will be a mixture, a number of the kids will play.  Won't be a weakened line up, but some first team players will get a rest.   

15 hours ago, Cicero said:

I think Lampard will field a strong team but won’t be surprised to see Gilmour, Maatsen, or Guehi starting. 

United will probably field a few youngsters themselves. Not sure what to expect from this game really. We have been really good lately, hope overconfidence won't be a issue.

22 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

I don't know who you are playing on Tuesday, but we are playing Wednesday.    Think our line up will be a mixture, a number of the kids will play.  Won't be a weakened line up, but some first team players will get a rest.   

Hell you should know I am old n grey. Getting the date wrong of a Chelsea fixture is the least of my problems. Spent 2 hours looking for my car keys at the weekend, only to find them on top of the Clover butter in the Fridge! Haha.Wife said I left them their on purpose so I dont have to unload the food shopping out of the car.

I hope TONIGHTS fixture is as entertaining as the last league cup game between the two clubs I attended. 4-3.

Time to leave. Pie n mash in the East end then onto the footie!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Hell you should know I am old n grey. Getting the date wrong of a Chelsea fixture is the least of my problems. Spent 2 hours looking for my car keys at the weekend, only to find them on top of the Clover butter in the Fridge! Haha.Wife said I left them their on purpose so I dont have to unload the food shopping out of the car.

Fucking brilliant :rofl:

2 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Spent a whole day looking for my keys about 3 weeks ago. Little un had hid them in my fucking shoes in the cupboard. Fuming.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Spent a whole day looking for my keys about 3 weeks ago. Little un had hid them in my fucking shoes in the cupboard. Fuming.

Good thing they weren't in your work shoes otherwise you'd never have found them.

• Haha 1