talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.c39ba98b3d0d76e9f793461143a96bf8.png

Callum Hudson-Odoi: One chat with Frank Lampard convinced Chelsea winger to stay

Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi says it took only one conversation with new boss Frank Lampard to convince him to stay at Stamford Bridge.

The 19-year-old handed in a transfer request in January after Chelsea rejected a £35m bid from Bayern Munich.

But he broke into Maurizio Sarri's side last season and has impressed for Lampard who took charge in the summer.

"He wants me to play for him," Hudson-Odoi said. "They were encouraging signs that you want to hear from a manager."

FULL REPORT

Important day tomorrow with the decision of CAS on our punishment from FIFA for our alleged rule breaking.

We win? While we wont get the last window back, we maybe able to play in the next window and get our £400,000 fine back.

If we lose? CAS will not extend the length of the ban, but in the case of Barcelona back in 2014 after the Spaniard side broke similar rules to Chelsea, they threw the case out.

I know the club have been confident all along but were flabbergasted when the FIFA appeals upheld the original verdict.

It was very interesting when CAS gave conformation of the date of their decision, within 24 hours FIFA made public everything they had on us.

Show of Weakness? We will find out tomorrow

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Yeah can’t really see us going for anyone in January. Only signings we need atm are upgrades on certain players, however there is virtually no one available in January 

Almost always paying over the odds for players in that window, too.

Unless you find a gem in leagues around Europe. We did with Ndidi and Mahrez but they're not players that will make immediate impacts. Think your squad is fine until summer anyway. Lampard seems to have good gauge and control of the squad as it is.

So much could be said about yesterdays performance, however, the over riding fact of the game is our manager allowed the opposition to get back into the game with an ease that was borderline managerial disorder crazy.

First words out of his mouth after the game Frank expressed this need to be brave in the game. He loved being told no other team in Peps time had enjoyed a higher amount of time with the ball and Pep had praised him for playing that style of football. He sat there lapping it up like he just got the cream from the top of a gold top milk bottle.

Of course he was praised, it’s exactly how we wanted teams to play against us at home when we were the best, and Pep will continue to tweak Franks nipples if he continues to allow teams to have the amount of chances his teams currently offer.

We went 1-0 up, I opened my bookmakers betting account and pilled on City too win. It was that fucking obvious and while the winnings are a nice compensation it truly fucks me off that we made it so easy for the opposition.

Great opening goal from a Kovacic assist (a very rare bird) taken slightly lucky by Kante who had a very good game. One thing on Frank I want to praise was his inclusion of Kovacic over Mount. Mount as we all know is his fav player and I was delighted to see Frank has grown enough this season to leave him out over Kovacic who has been delightful for most of the season. The previous manager, with all his years of experience would have failed that. Fucking useless c***.

Their first goal was caused by Jorginho losing the ball with no pressure on him. The Italian has improved some, but for me he still leaves a lot to be desired.

Emerson showed off his pathetic defending skills for their 2nd getting very little help from ball losing Kovacic who allowed Mahrez to slalom between the pair of them without a challenge. Too all the fucking Chelsea fans who think Emerson is a fine left back, Pep just illuminated your complete pigeon brained football knowledge. Alonso has plenty of faults, but at least he knows when to cross a ball or shoot at goal. Even that seems to be too much for Emerson to work out these days.

In a week Luca07071 brought up Arrizabalaga worth, he again gave another questionable performance by almost gifting the opposition a goal and proving to have the most expensive none stick hands in football. The more we see of him the more I agree with Luca, yes we paid far too much.

Kante played his heart out as per usual, the two young centre halfs put in good shifts and Dave for the most part kept Sterling quiet. His future must be full time left back before long. I see plenty of stick for Tammy in this thread, but for me he held the ball up as much as he could and I was very disappointed when Frank took him off AGAIN. While I disagreed with that substitution I think Frank got the Jorginho one right. He had not long got booked and as per usual in most games they were starting to run past him like he was carrying a Fridge on his back. It was an attacking substitution which should have been made at least 15 mins earlier. I am happy to read this opinion is agreed with by most of the faces. Willian and Pulisic worked hard throughout the game, looking dangerous when freed to attack with the ball.

A little too open, a little too much what they hoped for. Still Frank got what he wanted. Better than 6-0

You have to be blind not too see how much potential this group of players offers us for the future. It’s gonna be one hell of a ride over the next two seasons. For me yesterdays game was a step back through poor management. It’s to be seen how long our beating of lesser opposition is allowed to overshadow what we get from clubs of our standing. Being allowed to fix those weak positions in the next window may make the season end with a smile. Walking into these kind of fixtures without being fixed will allow opposing managers to hit us at our weak points.

WalterDavis & Lemoncfc, I agree with you on the Morris question. His naughty boy rep will help him stay alongside Frank, however, if Joey Barton can get a hot seat, we can expect at some time Jody will be offered the chance too.

It does look like Moses will be returning to the club in the new year and I have been waiting on you, ChelseaTotty, to ask the question. It’s pretty unlikely, but who knows? Injuries could come into play, but I think he would be ideal for a club hovering above the relegation places. We will see.

Bazilfoolty StamfordSid 7OaksCFC TheRealFatFrank & others. The only thing I have heard is he could be allowed back into the country at the turn of the year if the Tory’s win. I have nothing gospel, just what others have said here n elsewhere. NewYorkBlue23 suggestion we should check the political party donations lists made public this past week is brilliant!! Had me roaring!

29 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

So much could be said about yesterdays performance, however, the over riding fact of the game is our manager allowed the opposition to get back into the game with an ease that was borderline managerial disorder crazy.

First words out of his mouth after the game Frank expressed this need to be brave in the game. He loved being told no other team in Peps time had enjoyed a higher amount of time with the ball and Pep had praised him for playing that style of football. He sat there lapping it up like he just got the cream from the top of a gold top milk bottle.

Of course he was praised, it’s exactly how we wanted teams to play against us at home when we were the best, and Pep will continue to tweak Franks nipples if he continues to allow teams to have the amount of chances his teams currently offer.

We went 1-0 up, I opened my bookmakers betting account and pilled on City too win. It was that fucking obvious and while the winnings are a nice compensation it truly fucks me off that we made it so easy for the opposition.

Great opening goal from a Kovacic assist (a very rare bird) taken slightly lucky by Kante who had a very good game. One thing on Frank I want to praise was his inclusion of Kovacic over Mount. Mount as we all know is his fav player and I was delighted to see Frank has grown enough this season to leave him out over Kovacic who has been delightful for most of the season. The previous manager, with all his years of experience would have failed that. Fucking useless c***.

Their first goal was caused by Jorginho losing the ball with no pressure on him. The Italian has improved some, but for me he still leaves a lot to be desired.

Emerson showed off his pathetic defending skills for their 2nd getting very little help from ball losing Kovacic who allowed Mahrez to slalom between the pair of them without a challenge. Too all the fucking Chelsea fans who think Emerson is a fine left back, Pep just illuminated your complete pigeon brained football knowledge. Alonso has plenty of faults, but at least he knows when to cross a ball or shoot at goal. Even that seems to be too much for Emerson to work out these days.

In a week Luca07071 brought up Arrizabalaga worth, he again gave another questionable performance by almost gifting the opposition a goal and proving to have the most expensive none stick hands in football. The more we see of him the more I agree with Luca, yes we paid far too much.

Kante played his heart out as per usual, the two young centre halfs put in good shifts and Dave for the most part kept Sterling quiet. His future must be full time left back before long. I see plenty of stick for Tammy in this thread, but for me he held the ball up as much as he could and I was very disappointed when Frank took him off AGAIN. While I disagreed with that substitution I think Frank got the Jorginho one right. He had not long got booked and as per usual in most games they were starting to run past him like he was carrying a Fridge on his back. It was an attacking substitution which should have been made at least 15 mins earlier. I am happy to read this opinion is agreed with by most of the faces. Willian and Pulisic worked hard throughout the game, looking dangerous when freed to attack with the ball.

A little too open, a little too much what they hoped for. Still Frank got what he wanted. Better than 6-0

You have to be blind not too see how much potential this group of players offers us for the future. It’s gonna be one hell of a ride over the next two seasons. For me yesterdays game was a step back through poor management. It’s to be seen how long our beating of lesser opposition is allowed to overshadow what we get from clubs of our standing. Being allowed to fix those weak positions in the next window may make the season end with a smile. Walking into these kind of fixtures without being fixed will allow opposing managers to hit us at our weak points.

WalterDavis & Lemoncfc, I agree with you on the Morris question. His naughty boy rep will help him stay alongside Frank, however, if Joey Barton can get a hot seat, we can expect at some time Jody will be offered the chance too.

It does look like Moses will be returning to the club in the new year and I have been waiting on you, ChelseaTotty, to ask the question. It’s pretty unlikely, but who knows? Injuries could come into play, but I think he would be ideal for a club hovering above the relegation places. We will see.

Bazilfoolty StamfordSid 7OaksCFC TheRealFatFrank & others. The only thing I have heard is he could be allowed back into the country at the turn of the year if the Tory’s win. I have nothing gospel, just what others have said here n elsewhere. NewYorkBlue23 suggestion we should check the political party donations lists made public this past week is brilliant!! Had me roaring!

Will you stop copying and pasting other people's posts from that shite plastic forum please. 

On 24/11/2019 at 19:45, carefreeluke said:

Kepa has been our most disappointing performer this season, surprised it hasn't got more attention.

I rate him and i generally think he is a good keeper, but i don't think he has been impressive this season. Than again our defense hasn't really helped either.

On 24/11/2019 at 18:34, LFCMadLad said:

Will you stop copying and pasting other people's posts from that shite plastic forum please. 

Mind your own business, it's nothing to do with you. If you dont like it, don't fucking read it, which of course will mean you will loose 95% of your football education each week. :ay:

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Mind your own business, it's nothing to do with you. If you dont like it, don't fucking read it, which of course will mean you will loose 95% of your football education each week. :ay:

Lose*

Perhaps concentrate on actual education before starting on football 

• Haha 4

• Subscriber
On 24/11/2019 at 18:45, carefreeluke said:

Kepa has been our most disappointing performer this season, surprised it hasn't got more attention.

I live with two Chelsea fans, one of them hates Kepa and the other seems to quite like him. Odd because they tend to agree on pretty much everything else.

46 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

:rofl:You can't even spell 'lose' you absolute bent bastard xD

I'm pretty sure you will copy and paste a response to this. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

51 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

How do Chelsea fans rate Abraham, is he capable of being a top class striker? I was a bit dismissive at the start of the season and then he fired in 8 in 7 games or whatever it was.

Think at worst he’ll be our Welbeck imo. Except he’s showing better numbers than Drogba did at his age, so who knows. 

Kepa for me wont ever be a top class GK. Gets beaten far too often and doesn’t fill me with confidence. He does have the occasional World class save in him that can secure us points (Watford), but the main reason I’m fine with him is his age and the fact he has the qualities you want in a modern day GK. Being able to contribute in our build up. 

57 minutes ago, Storts said:

Lose*

Perhaps concentrate on actual education before starting on football 

Congratulations!! What a wonderful guy you are picking up on a typo on a football forum. I feel sure you celebrated with one off the wrist, remembering not to grip too tightly or even LOOSELY for that matter. Be sure to clean up before mom comes home wont you.  :D