talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

9 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Christensen also fit, was on the bench against City. Lampard should start rotating them, Zouma and Tomori played most of the season. Rotation can be good for competition and fitness.

I want to see a James—Rudiger—Tomori—Dave

backline. Switch Emerson and Dave depending on the opposition. 

6 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

How do Chelsea fans rate Abraham, is he capable of being a top class striker? I was a bit dismissive at the start of the season and then he fired in 8 in 7 games or whatever it was.

We haven't had a striker score at the rate he has for a good while now, you'd perhaps have to go back to Costa to get stats at least close to what Abraham is achieving at the moment. His hold up play, for the most part, has been decent. There's perhaps doubt developing about his effectiveness against better opposition but I only think we can judge him in this area after he's led the line for us at least a season or two. This belief about giving him more time to make full judgment can be said about a lot of our players at the moment and Lampard and the team in general really, I don't think we can become too conclusive until after a season or two has passed.

Kepa, on the other hand, is coming up to nearly 2 years with us now and we're perhaps in a better position to judge. We'll see how he finishes the season but you could probably say overall he's been a little underwhelming, last season he had good periods where his price tag looked justified and other periods where you couldn't help but think he performed below expectations. Inconsistent is hence perhaps a word you could use. Anyway, we'll see what the rest of the season has in store for him.

• Upvote 1

Barkley again doing his best to leave in Jan/summer with another crazy night on the international break. Fair to say he has been given enough time and chances, plenty of players similar or better than him awaiting a chance that he had. If i was Lampard i would look to offload him.

On the Kepa topic his price tag is basically a panic buy, big nose cunt refused to return we where short on time and cashed out on Kepa. 

6 hours ago, True Blue said:

Barkley again doing his best to leave in Jan/summer with another crazy night on the international break. Fair to say he has been given enough time and chances, plenty of players similar or better than him awaiting a chance that he had. If i was Lampard i would look to offload him.

On the Kepa topic his price tag is basically a panic buy, big nose cunt refused to return we where short on time and cashed out on Kepa. 

Smart on him as he knows when Ruben’s fit, he ain’t getting a look in. McGallagher is tearing up the championship as well so no doubt Lampard is taking notice. 

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Smart on him as he knows when Ruben’s fit, he ain’t getting a look in. McGallagher is tearing up the championship as well so no doubt Lampard is taking notice. 

To be fair with his performances he did nothing to earn a spot, plus his off the pitch behavior hasn't helped. On the top of that when Ruben returns his chances will be not limited but non existent.

My second visit to Valencia for a Champions League game proved to be just as exciting as the first, alas no late Essien goal to send us all home with a win. Have to admit, we should have lost and any decent team who were offered as many great chances to score as Valencia were would have scored a hat full. Very disappointed Frank saw fit to change the 2 CH’s after they got some questioning remarks from ex pro’s this past weekend. Christensen did not improve anything and when the manager decided to go 5 across the back we actually looked weaker as a unit.

Ok the good.

Pulisic again looks a proper prospect who some are saying he looks very much like Hazard when he first arrived from France. If he turns out half as good as our fav Belgium it would be money well spent. Kovacic. That boy gets through some work during a game. Loved his goal, celebration even more which I hope his hand gesture was pointed at people like me who have been flagging up his lack of goals n assists. An assist and a goal in back to back games is wonderful for him. Now we know you can do it…. PLEASE CONTINUE!

The Bad.

Our Frank. I didn’t like the starting selection he made his substitutions and change of formation. We are a 3rd of the season in now and as a defensive unit we have not improved. This is down to him. If he cant get that right he needs to employ a coach who works with the defenders. I understand Rudiger is about to be available, but for me there were times last season he wasn’t the shut down defender some would have you believe. Kante’s ball control and distribution. Ever so poor last night. Mitchy. Waste of a shirt.

The Ugly

Kepa. I know he saved a penalty, but before the end of the game yet another goal went in over his head. Some here have said he should have done better with the first goal too. I couldn’t tell from where I was in the ground but I will watch the game back this afternoon as long as BT havent changed the channel. I hope he gets better as he is a real worry.

The Ugly two

Referee. It seemed very one sided, weak n caved in to a home crown, who to be fair were very impressive. I haven’t watched the game back yet so I would be interested if anyone else felt the same?

We have to win our last CL game to advance. While Lille are bottom of the group, I remember them giving us plenty of problems and its unlikely we will keep a clean sheet, as per the norm. It’s a cracking night to look forward too with hope we perform well enough to sneak through.

West Ham Saturday…. Once upon a time my fav fixture of the year. C U there :)

On 26/11/2019 at 21:06, carefreeluke said:

Kepa, on the other hand, is coming up to nearly 2 years with us now and we're perhaps in a better position to judge. We'll see how he finishes the season but you could probably say overall he's been a little underwhelming, last season he had good periods where his price tag looked justified and other periods where you couldn't help but think he performed below expectations. Inconsistent is hence perhaps a word you could use. Anyway, we'll see what the rest of the season has in store for him.

I would like to know who made the decision to sign him.

Agreed on Kepa even tough he saved a penalty, he made some terrible decisions. Felt even that cross that went in was part of his bad positioning. Think the pen save could be huge for his confidence. I am the last person to cry about ref's but good God how shit was that ref? Gave Valencia every possible decision, even the clear tackles. The penalty itself was non league football standard, overall wasn't our best performance but there was still a lot of positives as well. The switch to 3-4-3 was forced as Jorginho had to go off he had a yellow and was shocking all game long. In the end we need a home win against the bottom side and we qualify, with a bit of fortune even top the group.

Saturdays performance and result is firmly put down to the managers starting selection. There was only the one forced changed, being Tammy. The other decisions were manager inflicted highlighting his inability to change the outcome of the game once it started.

The Good.

James: While their goal came down his flank, he continues to perform as thou he is a 150 game pro. It will be surprising if he isnt England's starting Right back come the summers competition. Goalie made some good saves.

The Bad.

Giroud Mount Pedro & Emerson. No description needed

The Ugly

Our Frank. Quite simply a pathetic days work where his immaturity as a manager shone through leaving us all without any doubt he is years away from being the finished article. In a game were we was 1-0 down, we played the 24 mins without a center forward due too his tinkering from the bench. If nothing else, he must have learnt how old pro's react to being frozen out when labeled to be moved on.

Jorginho. In the week when Chelsea fans voted him out of the starting line up on Football London, he again found himself getting the hook off the pitch after another nonentity display.

I have seen some poor performances by my club over the years, but I am hard pushed to think of such a performance caused by the sideline at home. Probably AVB insistence we played a high line against Arsenal at home that lead to a heavy defeat. Frank should be happy the squad does not contain as powerful people as AVB's squad did back then

Tammy is possible for the Villa game. Frank needs to take his head out of his ass and stop selecting players who are already looking too their new clubs in January or soon after.

8 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Saturdays performance and result is firmly put down to the managers starting selection. There was only the one forced changed, being Tammy. The other decisions were manager inflicted highlighting his inability to change the outcome of the game once it started.

The Good.

James: While their goal came down his flank, he continues to perform as thou he is a 150 game pro. It will be surprising if he isnt England's starting Right back come the summers competition. Goalie made some good saves.

The Bad.

Giroud Mount Pedro & Emerson. No description needed

The Ugly

Our Frank. Quite simply a pathetic days work where his immaturity as a manager shone through leaving us all without any doubt he is years away from being the finished article. In a game were we was 1-0 down, we played the 24 mins without a center forward due too his tinkering from the bench. If nothing else, he must have learnt how old pro's react to being frozen out when labeled to be moved on.

Jorginho. In the week when Chelsea fans voted him out of the starting line up on Football London, he again found himself getting the hook off the pitch after another nonentity display.

I have seen some poor performances by my club over the years, but I am hard pushed to think of such a performance caused by the sideline at home. Probably AVB insistence we played a high line against Arsenal at home that lead to a heavy defeat. Frank should be happy the squad does not contain as powerful people as AVB's squad did back then

Tammy is possible for the Villa game. Frank needs to take his head out of his ass and stop selecting players who are already looking too their new clubs in January or soon after.

I think Trent has that position nailed down for the foreseeable to be honest.